◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments

results2-jpg.253922
Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 1, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1
  1. AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (89.79 for prize purposes only)
  2. A7XMaverick ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. PTslopoke --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. SLC_VR6_V-Dub ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. vincentq4 --------- did not submit a vote
  11. Gouletzky --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (99.74 for Prize B)
  2. stanc06 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Bryds ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. gtr3123 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. ConnorWolf -------- did not submit a vote
  10. GTP_Vert ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 3
  1. ONESPACE ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 77 (82.31 for prize purposes only)
  2. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. TEXAS_DES1GNER ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. CHEVRON ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. drb1269247 -------- did not submit a vote
  8. serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Lessenjr ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (95.59 for Prize C)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. RichyBugs --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Kiba_Stryker ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 5
  1. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (67.52 for prize purposes only)
  2. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. GOTDIRT410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. THRASH_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. ChuthuluGoat ------ did not submit a vote
Division 6
  1. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 83 (107.33 for Prize A)
  2. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. D6uzmanG ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. blueninjacivic ---- did not submit a vote
Division 7
  1. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (72.83 for prize purposes only)
  2. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. vinnybear-o1 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Oog_42 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Vol_Jbolaz -------- did not submit a vote
Division 8
  1. syntorz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 93 (67.34 for prize purposes only)
  2. Helkresh ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. BustedFoSho ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 (Racing: Medium) at Silverstone National Circuit (13 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Die_Birdy_Die wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Sports: Soft) at Twin Ring Motegi East Course (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Dacana gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @SGETI so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

stewardsupdate-jpg.253905

One of this week's prize winners was under investigation but, the stewards have already reviewed that IR and all prize winners shown above are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 8 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, March 6th, 2015.

Banner by @GamingPete

Last edited:
Although The facility does look good, I despist the layout and racing surface. Definitely a new aged F1 circuit. I miss the old Hockenheim/Spa/Hungaroring type tracks. There's nothing like racing through the forest on a rainy day... That's why Pacific Raceways is one of my favourite tracks

D1 replays were uploaded and the data has been entered in SNAIL Data.

There was a lot of great driving and door-to-door racing on Sunday, and some really close finishes. In the last race the top 8 finishers finished within 2.056 seconds of each other. :eek: In that same race @Ricky Wilson (psn id: AcidTestKids) made an amazing pass on @A7XMaverick on the last turn of the last lap to take the overall win away from A7XMaverick! Wow.

Congrats to @Ricky Wilson on the overall win! And congrats to @A7XMaverick on the D1 season championship in his first full SNAIL season! :cheers:

Here's the data summary table for last Sunday:
2015_03_01_D1_DataSummary.PNG

I noticed but since I am not a pro my brain kept screaming at me "Don't you dare touch the EV, it's your tv. It's super brigh!!" . But you are right m8, looking at them after posting i noticed it wasn't my tv, it was me just being a newbie trying to fit in with cool kids and making a hash of it lol.
Thanks for the critique as always I always appreciate them, as my dad says ''Teachers open doors, but it is the student who has to walk through them"

How could i participate in these races? can someone fill me in please? thanks 👍

@JoaoSilva

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Who here frequents autox events? Going to be doing my first track day at streets of willow at the end of the month.
I have done several AutoX events in the past, but a track day is going to be completely different, unless they are just using the track or parking lot for AutoX. AutoX is much more about manhandling your car and throwing it where it needs to be. Normal tracks are going to be much more about smooth inputs and much higher speeds. Unless you are running a Miata, AutoX will rarely reach 3rd gear.
It is still car control, but just a completely different animal as a motor sport.

I have done several AutoX events in the past, but a track day is going to be completely different, unless they are just using the track or parking lot for AutoX. AutoX is much more about manhandling your car and throwing it where it needs to be. Normal tracks are going to be much more about smooth inputs and much higher speeds. Unless you are running a Miata, AutoX will rarely reach 3rd gear.
It is still car control, but just a completely different animal as a motor sport.

is it something like this?

dibert-001.jpg

Who here frequents autox events? Going to be doing my first track day at streets of willow at the end of the month.

What @Kiba Stryker says is pretty much true. I did a track day a couple years ago at Watkins Glen with a Pontiac G5, then got my 350z. Then I started autocrossing and did a track day last year as well. Biggest difference is the time "under fire". A typically autocross event is less than a minute, like the one you posted a video of recently. A track day, typically has 20, 30, 40 minute sessions. Being on track for 40 minutes straight brings in a whole set of conditions. Mental focus, physical endurance, etc. They are both awesome in my opinion, but for different reasons.

This year, I won't be doing a track day, since we're going to do at least 2 ChumpCar races. I'll do probably 6-9 autocross events too.

To get an idea of my YOUTUBE Channel for some of my videos

Can someone clarify a rule for me?

D: When you get 'locked up' in a group battle on the straights, you are not allowed to bump the driver in front of you in order to free yourself out of that situation. Stay behind that driver or move sideways as soon as there's sufficient room to do so. This rule does not restrict bump drafting.

Just the last part...what is bumb drafting? I apologize for my ignorance here. All of the rest of the rules make sense to me I just dont know what bump drafting is.

Thanks!

Can someone clarify a rule for me?

D: When you get 'locked up' in a group battle on the straights, you are not allowed to bump the driver in front of you in order to free yourself out of that situation. Stay behind that driver or move sideways as soon as there's sufficient room to do so. This rule does not restrict bump drafting.

Just the last part...what is bumb drafting? I apologize for my ignorance here. All of the rest of the rules make sense to me I just dont know what bump drafting is.

Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drafting_(aerodynamics)

this one is a must read:
http://www.stockcarscience.com/blog/index.php/talladega_f09

Bump drafting is a tactic used at Talladega and Daytona. The technique was initially popularized by the Archer Brothers in the SCCA Sportruck series during the late 1980s.[5] It begins as normal drafting, but the following car pulls up behind the lead car and bumps into the rear of it, pushing the lead car ahead, to maintain momentum.

ea02Z_3981.jpg

drafting.jpg

Last edited:
With the current SNAIL Draft setting at "Real" bump drafting, for all practical purposes, is useless.

The basic theory is this though, two, or more, cars get lined up, literally nose to tail, eliminating (mostly) frontal air resistance on the behind car and allowing it to "push" the front car and both gain speed. Doubles the horsepower pushing double the weight but, does not double the air resistance to that weight moving.

Betcha that was clear as mud.

Back