Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

SNAIL Race Lobby Settings

These are the only settings to be used for SNAIL Sunday night racing. Every option in the race setup menu is covered here. Hosts should use this as their manual when setting up a Sunday night lobby.
    Basic Settings

Room Mode -- Practice/Qualifier/Race for race 1 Practice/Race for race 2
    Room Privacy -- Club Only

Room Settings

Room Comment -- Varies based on race and round but should look like this Dx Rx Rx
    Race Quality -- High
    Voice Chat Quality -- Standard (unless asked by Admin to turn off for network issues)
    Fixed Room Host -- No (Unless the host is approved by Admin) I'll be working up a list for this soon.
    Max. Number of Participants -- 16

Course -- varies
    Weather -- 0
    Time -- Default setting (do not change)
    Time Progression -- 1
    No. of laps -- varies
    Weather Changeability -- 0
    Surface Water at Race Start -- 0

Qualifier Settings
    Race Format -- Race Alone
    Start Type -- Final Corner Start
    Time Limit -- 6 min.

Race Settings

Hold Races Automatically -- Disabled
    Start Type -- Grid Start or Double File Rolling Start when specified by Admin.
    Grid Order --Fastest First for race 1 -- Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results for race 2
    Boost -- Off
    Penalty -- None
    Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption -- Normal
    Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge -- Real
    Minimum Number of Pit Stops -- 0
    Require Tire Type Change -- off
    Race Finish Delay -- 90 sec
    Visable Damage -- Off
    Mechanical Damage -- Light
    Slipstream Strength -- Real

Car Selection Method
    Car Selection Method -- Garage
    Car Filters -- Disabled

Filter By Performance

PP Limit -- Varies. Set to PP of car in use.
    Max. Power Limit -- Varies. Set to max power of car in use (if stated in game).
    Minimum weight -- Varies. Set to weight of car in use (if stated in game).
    Drivetrain -- Varies. Set to drivetrain of car in use.
    Tires -- Set to tires assigned to car in use.
    Nitrous -- Prohibited
    Tuning -- Prohibited

Limit Driving Options

Skid Recovery Force -- Prohibited
    Active Steering -- Prohibited
    Active Stability Management -- Prohibited
    Driving Line -- Prohibited*
    Traction Control -- Prohibited*
    ABS - Available
    *= The lowest division may make these options available upon request.

List of room hosts approved to run as fixed host. If you want to get on this list, start a conversation with JLBowler and be prepared to answer some questions and provide some information about your internet connection and how your PS3 is connected to the internet.

*This document replaces any other document that detailed or regulated room settings for Sunday night racing.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. Machinist

Machinist

@Wolfsatz @Dragonwhisky

Thanks for the info on bump drafting guys! I can see this being used in nascar style races but in a situation like the last stretch at nurburgring or monza or sarthe I would be afraid to cause an accident and also wouldn't really want to be bumped too much considering it would throw off my speed entering a corner or brake point. But I agree that with the settings set to real it probably ends up being a non factor. Thanks again for clearing that up!

Dragonwhisky likes this.
  3. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

Right now fixed host is messed up though according to @racingchamp30. From what I understand it's not letting people in to his rooms, And I have never know champ to have a problem with fixed host!

You may get your wish @DesertPenguin09 I've got a car in mind for it and yes it's fast 106's

4. Chiochan

Chiochan

This may also be helpful,:D

5. aTinyPanda

aTinyPanda

Hello! I'm interested in joining this series! Coming over from /r/RGTRC and looking for a bit more organization and clean racing. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a reply. Thanks!

msgt-sd and CoachMK21 like this.
  6. aTinyPanda

aTinyPanda

Bro do you even racecraft? ;) Hi machinist

Machinist likes this.
  7. nmcp1

nmcp1

@aTinyPanda

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

aTinyPanda likes this.
  8. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Then it's probably a good thing that nobody is approved to use it at the moment.

If you want to grant his wish, you might want to make sure the car is just slow enough to be the first combo otherwise he probably won't ever see it.:D

TomMang_68, vsfit, aerolite and 2 others like this.
  9. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

Yeah it won't be

PRIZE A
    Car: Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
    Pre oil change PP:637 HP--
    Post oil change PP: 645 HP:--
    Weight:--
    Drivetrain: FR
    Tires: RM
    Track: Mid-Field Raceway Forward
    Average lap: 1:05
    @zer05ive @Rednose58

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    R34EVO9, STEAMER62, z06fun and 11 others like this.
  10. chevron

chevron

Just have to remember to back off well before the braking zone...

11. Machinist

Machinist

Haha thanks! That was incredibly helpful!

Chiochan and aTinyPanda like this.
  12. Falango

Falango

Will have a room up tonight around 10:30 pm PST and have a go!

msgt-sd and GTPvw_slc like this.
  13. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

Oh she's a beauty!

Oshawa-Joe likes this.
  14. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

This car has a "nitro" button as standard equipment. It's actually a button that uses the battery to give the car a speed boost. It is legal to use this button during racing. This is being posted here so everyone knows about the button going into the race.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  15. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

im actually getting the car prepped for the track. Dont know if i mentioned but ive run autox for 6 years, this will be my very first track day besides drift days.

CoachMK21 likes this.
  16. Engmatic1

Engmatic1

VAN DAME.jpg

STEAMER62 likes this.
  17. Lessen

Lessen

Is the use of the boost recorded in any way in a replay? Even if it were, we would only be relying on IR's to find out if anybody could have used it to gain an advantage.

Just my opinion... this car challenges the integrity of spec racing. I'm not a fan.

ONESPACE likes this.
  18. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

There are other things that people do every week that we can't police that "challenge the integrity of spec racing" a whole lot more than this. At least with this, it's set up the same for everyone and it's not adjustable.

19. Lessen

Lessen

Agreed... things that people do. You have no control over what people can do in live time, I get that. In this case, if allowed, it will be the sanctioning body that is providing a device. There are already "performance enhancing" options that people utilize routinely that cannot be controlled, but they are uncontrollable across the board, every race, every weekend. We accept this, because there is nothing that can be done about it. Why allow even more fiddling when you have the ability to do something about it?

20. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

There is not an indicator to show when the button is being pushed so there isn't an effective way to police it. It's a feature on the car and everybody has it to use and it's the same for everybody.

In my opinion, this isn't nearly as big a deal as not having a practical method of being able to police brake balance settings and torque split.

watermelon punch and Chiochan like this.
  21. Lessen

Lessen

@JLBowler

*sigh* ... I misread your original post. I thought I read "illegal" rather than "legal". Sorry man, my bad.

jnmjeeper and watermelon punch like this.
  22. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I made a change to that post to make it more clear to everyone. If one person read it incorrectly then I'm sure others did as well. At least you said something about it so I have the chance to clear it up for anyone who just read it wrong and moved on.

watermelon punch likes this.
  23. Lessen

Lessen

Well, considering the last few posts, I'm pretty confident I've created more than enough attention for it. Hehe... :)

24. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Room is up in the club lobbyto try out new combo @Vegasracer where you at

25. gotdirt410sp

gotdirt410sp (Banned)

Torque spilt I don't think it will let you in the room I tried it in grim's TT and it was a no go. Hopefully in gt7 they will give more options how to set up a lobby.

26. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

It has to be adjustable on the car from the dealership. I know of some that adjusted it when we ran the Subaru TC this last time.

27. Wardenclyffe

Wardenclyffe Premium

It was the Mitsubishi Evo TC but it was an AYC, not a torque split. Any adjustment there and the lobby would lock you out, claiming you tuned it, even if you "reset" it. You had to go to a clean settings sheet and not even open the setting screen to get past the tuning prohibition. So I think it's specific to AYC, as there was some other car I've run somewhere besides the Subaru TC (which you're correct about - you could adjust that torque split) that allowed split changes.

28. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Used this car with boost elsewhere and it is very important to figure out where the best place is to use it. It adds something else to your "cross check". Don't fall off while trying to find the button. Heh Heh.:lol:

Did my IR reviews already (like the rest of us!!) All six that I could do anyway. Thanks you guys keep it up...more better than the 100+ awhile back.

Darn...what ever am I going to do with all my spare time this week.

EAT...SLEEP...RACE...REVIEW....REPEAT....WEEKLY.

29. Grandpa Money

Grandpa Money

30. pyxen

pyxen

Just checking in. Looks like you guys are seriously humming along these days...!

Love the video on the first page btw, fun seeing me in there :)