◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
I have to apologize if it's been covered on the thread, but I've looked over many pages already and have to ask. What is the best practice in using the boost at Mid Field? I was stuck at low 1:03s using boost to start the lap. Decided to not use the button at all and ran a 1:02.9 on the next lap. :confused:

You want to use the boost/nos/battery ECT at the end of a fast lap so after the last turn!

My self and @Ricky Wilson and @A7XMaverick have all ran in 1:01.6xx

You want to use the boost/nos/battery ECT at the end of a fast lap so after the last turn!

How long are you using this boost button? a second or two or all the way till you drain to empty? I have never used boost/nos button so a little guidance would be helpful.

jimi_hendrix_quote-31052.png
How long are you using this boost button? a second or two or all the way till you drain to empty? I have never used boost/nos button so a little guidance would be helpful.
I don't know if this will be of any help to you but it is to me.

I tend to save replays after practice races and watch the replays of the fastest driver(s) watching how they change gears, what markers they use for breaking and so on. Then I just try to replicate their drive. I will change my technique to closely much theirs. It's helped me knock off on average 2-3 secs of my times in preparation for race nights and polish my technique.

If your on a fast lap and you nailed sector1 and sector2 you want to use the nos after the last turn until it runs out
Also your going to have to use your nos if the guys in front of you use it so they don't break the draft on you hope that helps

I've managed a 1:01.9 by only using it in 3rd and 4th gear out of the last corner and over the crest. You don't want to drain it empty because you want the engine to naturally use it for the rest of the lap too.

Ya for fastest laps, I use it mostly on the straight. A few short bursts on some corner exits, but mostly on the straight. I typically have about 3 bars to burn as I exit the last corner for a hotlap.

SNAIL Member Map

memberCount030715.jpg
56 drivers and counting have marked where in the world they sit in front of a tv and get their driving kicks in! It's great to see how much of the world we cover, yet how close some people are. I know we have more Canadians than this too. Put down the bacon, click on the map, follow the instructions and tag yourself :P

Shortest distance between 2 members - 6.16 km (3.83 mi) between @JoeW and @GTP_Vertigo.

Longest distance between 2 members - 10,037 km (6236.70 mi) between @STEAMER62 and @pkenuelo.

SNAIL Member Map

memberCount030715.jpg
56 drivers and counting have marked where in the world they sit in front of a tv and get their driving kicks in! It's great to see how much of the world we cover, yet how close some people are. I know we have more Canadians than this too. Put down the bacon, click on the map, follow the instructions and tag yourself :P

Shortest distance between 2 members - 6.16 km (3.83 mi) between @JoeW and @GTP_Vertigo.

Longest distance between 2 members - 10,037 km (6236.70 mi) between @STEAMER62 and @pkenuelo.
I think coach is put down twice either that or someone lives with him!

@RipTheJacker

Rims... Stick with standard size. If you change size, and can't use the car, we aren't waiting. Paint to taste.

Colors in division...Look for... Coach's signature, I believe. With new division realignment, may have to check a division or two higher or lower to be semi sure.

When all else fails, look for the guys with the FUD - Frequently Used Documents - lots of great links there.

@RipTheJacker

Rims... Stick with standard size. If you change size, and can't use the car, we aren't waiting. Paint to taste.

Colors in division...Look for... Coach's signature, I believe. With new division realignment, may have to check a division or two higher or lower to be semi sure.

When all else fails, look for the guys with the FUD - Frequently Used Documents - lots of great links there.

Found thanks!

@RipTheJacker

Found thanks!

The rim thing is not necessarily the case. I've never had a problem joining a Tuning Restricted room with up sized rims. Try it with a room that you create @RipTheJacker. If you can join the track with upsized rims, you're good.

As for the color chart, here you go! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...y-granstand-com.235094/page-1868#post-9572728

Thanks for the heads up @Dragonwhisky. If you want to post an image that allows access to the full resolution of it, and you have hosting, you can add your images to a post, highlight your image as if you were selecting text, and click on the link button to attach a url to it. This makes the image a clickable link which can send the user to the full resolution image.

If you want to do it yourself, add the following to your post:

{URL='link to image here'}{IMG}link to image here{/IMG}{/URL}

Replace the {} brackets with [] brackets.

Thanks for the heads up @Dragonwhisky. If you want to post an image that allows access to the full resolution of it, and you have hosting, you can add your images to a post, highlight your image as if you were selecting text, and click on the link button to attach a url to it. This makes the image a clickable link which can send the user to the full resolution image.

If you want to do it yourself, add the following to your post:

{URL='link to image here'}{IMG}link to image here{/IMG}{/URL}

Replace the {} brackets with [] brackets.
If you're not into writing the BBCode yourself, you can use the Rich Text Edit mode's tool bar to write it for you.

GTPEditorToolBarPicsNLinks.png

A) Insert the link to your image. This will place the picture in the post.
B) After "highlighting"/selecting your image in the post, click that button and paste in the URL of the full picture and it will become a clickable link.

Clear as mud?

SNAILSpecRacing.png

GTPlanetLogo.PNG
I am offering a 1 year Premium :gtpflag::gtplanet::gtpflag: subscription for auction to Snails holding $hells. If you haven't been claiming your $hells, I would suggest you go get the post numbers you will need and take a few minutes to claim them. Ask @nmcp1 how beneficial it can be. Post numbers for claims will be verified.

This is a Reserve Auction! This means there is a minimum bid, which I know and you all don't:P :mischievous:, I will accept. Don't worry, it's not very high.

Proper Bidding Etiquette

If you want to place a bid, or outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win

Once someone places a bid that lasts 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then "gift" the winner with a 1 year Premium :gtpflag::gtplanet::gtpflag: Subscription.

Last edited:
Back