◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,756 comments
I have Internet back jlbowler. do I just go back a racing or do I have too start all over again? Hope I don't haven't been gone that long

Send JLBowler a pm/start a convo and he'll let you know what's required.

Step one would be to read the driver's list. If you're still on it, you just show up and race. If you're not on it, you follow the directions at the top of the driver's list.

So this Spa issue, I'm gonna have to re-install my game data just to be safe.

Has anyone with a wired connection done this recently and if so, how long did it take?

Another Public Service Announcement

Attention All Snails

The first thing;
For several weeks now SNAIL Management has had to ask practice rooms be closed down after 9:00P Eastern / 6:00P Pacific on Sunday night. This causes confusion and more time than needed for Snails to find their respective race lobbies and could delay the green flag from SNAIL Leadership.

So, once again, and it doesn't matter if you race Sunday nights or not, all Club Lobby Rooms are to be shut down No Later Than 9P Eastern/6P Pacific. No exceptions. Club events are still open and can be used.

At 9pE/6pP while the room hosts are getting their lobbies stood up, everyone should be doing the following, in this order;

1. Clear GT6 Cache
  2. Shutdown PS3, PCs, and wireless connections on mobile devices.
  3. Shutdown all network equipment to include modems, routers and switches.
  4. Wait 2 minutes.
  5. Power up Modem and wait for it to synch.
  6. Power up Router and wait for it to synch.
  7. Power up any other necessary switches and other network equipment.
  8. Leave all wireless devices disconnected from WiFi.
  9. Power up PS3 and A/V equipment.
  10. Power up other network devices only if absolutely necessary, IE scorekeeper's PCs, keeping significant other happy, etc.
  11. Launch GT6 and get loaded into your respective race lobby
  12. Race
The above list takes 15 minutes or less, depending upon the speed of your fingers, feet and devices. If you take your time and loaf around about it, you could start at the top of the hour and still be in your race room by green flag time. The process outlined above does help with connection issues and, if you're having trouble during race night, should be the last thing you try to correct network related problems, ie, high latency, not seeing other cars on track, etc. If the above doesn't work, call it a blown motor, push your gear into the trailer and head to the next week, meanwhile doing what you can to strengthen reliability and performance on your network situation and gear.​

The next thing I want to bring up;
Under no circumstance is a driver, not listed here, to race on Sunday night without clearing it with JLBowler. If, or when, this happens, and it already has, that driver's points and vote will be wiped and their division's chances to win a prize will automatically be reduced. As JLBowler has stated above, if you're not on the list, contact him. In most cases we want notification of intent to re-activate by the same deadline as New Driver TTs are required, which is any Sunday by 0000hrs, to have you added back to the list in time for Sunday night. Making your intent known on this thread is all fine and well but, it could be missed in the other traffic, so a PM/Convo notification is requested and required for re-activation of dormant Snails.​

The last thing;
All Division Managers and/or those who started Divisional convos should have added their respective Division Steward as shown in the list in this post. If you haven't done so already, please do so at your earliest opportunity.​

The one more thing;
Would someone, or someones, please check the $hell balance sheet and let me know if the changes I made are helping it update in a timelier fashion?​

Thank you.

This concludes this public service announcement.

16211330097_8bbf402081_n.jpg

16209835520_c3ecd2abea_n.jpg

As the co-series director for the Tuesday SNAIL Touring Car Series and Wednesday SNAIL Race Car Series, I'm happy to congratulate @vovik05 for taking the series champions in both TCS and RCS this past season.

With the above comes the announcement that we are now accepting applications for new drivers to join the fun in both series. If your looking for something to do on Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays, please check out the threads for the Tuesday Touring Car Series or Wednesday Race Car Series and sign up in the thread. The next season for both series starts on 3/17 and 3/18 respectfully and would love to have some quality SNAILS join the fun. Space is limited so if your interested, don't delay.

If you have any questions about either of these series, please let me know. Hope to see you on the track.

Regards, Grim and Zii
As the Director of SNAIL MONDAY NIGHT PACK RACING....I am VERY PLEASED to announce the the champion of our 6 month Championship.....is....wait for it....

A.N.OTHER.

( joke...we don't have a championship..sometimes we don't even bother to qualify...but we do have the closest racing on earth....I hope. :boggled:)

Tonight is Monday night...pack racing will....well...race .Tracks will be...HMMMM.

Congrats on TWO awesome series GGG...and trust me I know how much work it is. Recieve one stainless steel ( non-revocable) ATTABOY. Joking aside...great work.

Picture of the day from twitter...
image.jpg

Another Public Service Announcement

Attention All Snails

The first thing;
For several weeks now SNAIL Management has had to ask practice rooms be closed down after 9:00P Eastern / 6:00P Pacific on Sunday night. This causes confusion and more time than needed for Snails to find their respective race lobbies and could delay the green flag from SNAIL Leadership.

So, once again, and it doesn't matter if you race Sunday nights or not, all Club Lobby Rooms are to be shut down No Later Than 9P Eastern/6P Pacific. No exceptions. Club events are still open and can be used.

At 9pE/6pP while the room hosts are getting their lobbies stood up, everyone should be doing the following, in this order;

1. Clear GT6 Cache
  4. Wait 2 minutes.
  10. Power up other network devices only if absolutely necessary, IE scorekeeper's PCs, keeping significant other happy, etc.
  12. Race
The above list takes 15 minutes or less, depending upon the speed of your fingers, feet and devices. If you take your time and loaf around about it, you could start at the top of the hour and still be in your race room by green flag time. The process outlined above does help with connection issues and, if you're having trouble during race night, should be the last thing you try to correct network related problems, ie, high latency, not seeing other cars on track, etc. If the above doesn't work, call it a blown motor, push your gear into the trailer and head to the next week, meanwhile doing what you can to strengthen reliability and performance on your network situation and gear.​

The next thing I want to bring up;
Under no circumstance is a driver, not listed here, to race on Sunday night without clearing it with JLBowler. If, or when, this happens, and it already has, that driver's points and vote will be wiped and their division's chances to win a prize will automatically be reduced. As JLBowler has stated above, if you're not on the list, contact him. In most cases we want notification of intent to re-activate by the same deadline as New Driver TTs are required, which is any Sunday by 0000hrs, to have you added back to the list in time for Sunday night. Making your intent known on this thread is all fine and well but, it could be missed in the other traffic, so a PM/Convo notification is requested and required for re-activation of dormant Snails.​

The last thing;
All Division Managers and/or those who started Divisional convos should have added their respective Division Steward as shown in the list in this post. If you haven't done so already, please do so at your earliest opportunity.​

The one more thing;
Would someone, or someones, please check the $hell balance sheet and let me know if the changes I made are helping it update in a timelier fashion?​

Thank you.

This concludes this public service announcement.
This could possibly help as well.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/portfowarding

And here is a video on how to do the port forwarding.

Wish I hadn't tried to Backup the Game Data.
Due to my ignorance, I copied instead of backing up.
I am now 635 days back in time as far as the Garage, Game accomplishments, etc. That was the last time I tried backing it up.
Wish I had more computer sense.

1. Clear GT6 Cache
  4. Wait 2 minutes.
  12. Race
My only and last 2 ct, @Dragonwhisky , you just forgot a short 1:
#13 FUN & Rock'n'Roll
cheers :cheers:

Last edited:
While we wait for the new combos (did somebody us the "C" word on a Monday....!!:nervous:), I'm going to set up a Bathurst Practice session tonight. So, if you are not racing Miatas or do something else, please join the Mount Panoram Racing Circuit Room at around 9:00 pm Eastern Time. I'm going to make it interesting. All cars are achieving approximately same lap times. So, we will open the room so you can enter any of the three cars and we do mixed racing. This will enable you to practice any car at any time. See banner below. Remember anyone can still sign up. We need more drivers on the reserve list to ensure a full room for when we do the test.

banner.png

Wish I hadn't tried to Backup the Game Data.
Due to my ignorance, I copied instead of backing up.
I am now 635 days back in time as far as the Garage, Game accomplishments, etc. That was the last time I tried backing it up.
Wish I had more computer sense.
There is you tube tex a lot of stuff on there that should help you.

While we wait for the new combos (did somebody us the "C" word on a Monday....!!:nervous:), I'm going to set up a Bathurst Practice session tonight. So, if you are not racing Miatas or do something else, please join the Mount Panoram Racing Circuit Room at around 9:00 pm Eastern Time. I'm going to make it interesting. All cars are achieving approximately same lap times. So, we will open the room so you can enter any of the three cars and we do mixed racing. This will enable you to practice any car at any time. See banner below. Remember anyone can still sign up. We need more drivers on the reserve list to ensure a full room for when we do the test.

View attachment 327019
Busy with Monday Night Pack Racing. The most FUN night of the week.

This could possibly help as well.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/portfowarding

And here is a video on how to do the port forwarding.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone doing this with their routers. Great video to watch, if you don't understand it just call your ISP provider and explain that you're wanting to do single port forwarding for your PlayStation. Give them the IP address from your PlayStation as well as the TCP and UCP numbers provided in this video and you should not have anymore problems not seeing everybody during a race.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone doing this with their routers. Great video to watch, if you don't understand it just call your ISP provider and explain that you're wanting to do single port forwarding for your PlayStation. Give them the IP address from your PlayStation as well as the TCP and UCP numbers provided in this video and you should not have anymore problems not seeing everybody during a race.

Or you can just enable uPnP and it will do the work for you. It even says in the PS3 manual that if you're not using uPnP that you should use port forwarding.

Just pointing out a much easier way to automate the whole process which happens to be the preferred method according to Sony.

My system has Upnp enabled and I had nothing but trouble seeing people last night, and I always reset EVERYTHING before race time.

My system has Upnp enabled and I had nothing but trouble seeing people last night, and I always reset EVERYTHING before race time.
Try the single port forwarding as well and let everyone know if it helps, I know in my case I have 2 different internet lines coming into my house. One was set up with single port forwarding and uPnP on, and the other was just uPnP on. The line with single port forwarding I never have issues, the other my wife normally has issues. I just performed the single port forwarding per the video to my wife's router and ran two tests and both worked flawlessly. Tests: I put her in a full room with no bars and the 16 drivers were mostly all from different countries. She completed 2 races with no issues whatsoever. Give it a try, @Lessen, and let us know if it helped any.

Just google "what is UPnP"?

I got this:

Should it be enabled?
While Universal Plug and Play technology may offer some greater integration of network device control, it is not necessary to use. Most network devices come with built in web interfaces and easy to obtain drivers. It may require the smallest amount of extra work on your part, but is is well worth the additional security. Any group of protocols that has such utter lack of security must be updated before wide-spread use by the public should occur. Use of this technology by laymen is gambling with disaster, and frankly not a smart choice. I think the motto, 'Never buy the first model', is very relevant in this situation. Unless you are a trained professional leave UPnP disabled and wait around for it's successor.

Attention All Replay Uploaders

I am working on the replay folder permissions so, if you haven't already uploaded your replays and can't get in to the usual upload folder, find your division folder here and upload it there. I'll move it around once I've got everything settled.

View attachment 327019
Would like to race

Attention All Replay Uploaders

The deadline for Replays has been extended to 11:00PM Eastern tonight. So far, I only see 2 divisions with their replays uploaded. I would also like to remind each of you, please do not use periods in the zip file name. The standard naming convention is YYYY_MM_DD_Dx_YOURPSN.zip. The date should reflect the race date.

One more thing for anyone thinking the individual replay folders need to be renamed. Please do not rename the replay folders before you zip them up. If the files are edited in any way the PS3 will not recognize it as a valid file.

Back