◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
@ConnorWolf I think you're right about your black levels. The blacks are a bit dark. Overall I think the pics could be bumped up about half a stop (0.5 EV).

Cool, that means I should trust the way my ollllld samsung plasma looks slightly more than my Dynex monitor... Although I should probably switch it out of 'game mode' when I'm trying to figure out my exposure lol.

Cool, that means I should trust the way my ollllld samsung plasma looks slightly more than my Dynex monitor... Although I should probably switch it out of 'game mode' when I'm trying to figure out my exposure lol.

What exactly does game mode shortcut in order to bring the input lag down?

I really have no idea, this thing is a pre-HD plasma, but supposedly it has a response time of 8ms in game mode (and no LCD ghosting!) The only features other than basic brightness/contrast/etc I see are like noise reduction and black level adjustment, and 'burn in protection'.

Best free TV I've had yet, lol. I wish it was HD though.

ATTENTION ALL DRIVERS

This is a general public announcement. Do yourself a favor.

BACK UP YOUR GAME DATA.

Do it now or set a reminder to do it next time you turn on the PS3. Save it to a USB.
In my brief time with SNAIL, I've heard of too many Snails losing all their game data.​

I'll be doing this regularly. Here is a helpful link to people like me who do not always understand the details that well.

What I get from reading into it is that there are actually two sets of data: GAME DATA and SAVE DATA as explained in the GT6 Manual. SAVE DATA is the thing you want to back up for sure.

Hear ye! Hear ye!
I bid 30 $hells

I Bid 35 $shells!

tumblr_m1mmwoyNv91ql03r9o1_500.jpg

Just more time to find a deal on a T300 wheel. I took a job this weekend that will pay for it and then some so now I get to wait and see if I can do better. It is nice to work 9 hours doing something that I love to do and pay for the thing.

When I said I was going to go looking for a deal on a T300, I didn't think I would find it the next day. Just ordered one for $368.85 out the door. Coming from across the country so hopefully late next week it will be here. Now to go order the ricmotech adapter to use my inverted G27 pedals with the thing.

8ms is pretty good, almost as good as top shelf current gaming monitors

Awhile back I picked up 27' benq gaming monitor with 2ms response timing Well worth the $ spent won't make you faster but over time you will see the draw backs if you have to go back to normal hd TV

If you have an hd TV with game mode turn it on every time your on your PS3 game mode pretty much turns off all the TV aids that are for movies and for gaming it just slowes everything down so game mode just turns off all the aids you don't need so you can get the most out of the TV while gaming

I'll be doing this regularly. Here is a helpful link to people like me who do not always understand the details that well.

What I get from reading into it is that there are actually two sets of data: GAME DATA and SAVE DATA as explained in the GT6 Manual. SAVE DATA is the thing you want to back up for sure.
Couldn't agree more. I retained my GAME DATA, but lost my SAVE DATA. What that equates to: Starting your game all over from scratch. Even contacted Sony to ask what the 20GB file in the GAME DATA folder could do for me. Their answer, "not a damn thing."

I would like to join the S.N.A.I.L League

@Falcon767

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Throwback thursday..more is less... or was it less is more?'

and if you really want to laugh:

lol that second video... :lol:

That crazy Spanish guy… he is laughing about some swim suit accident and some tomatoes but I can't understand a thing he is saying... and I thought I understood Spanish...

:confused:

Couldn't agree more. I retained my GAME DATA, but lost my SAVE DATA. What that equates to: Starting your game all over from scratch. Even contacted Sony to ask what the 20GB file in the GAME DATA folder could do for me. Their answer, "not a damn thing."

Because I'd think that Game Data is what gets installed progressively as you play, to reduce loading times etc. Think back to old school Playstation days. Game Data is your disc, Save Data is your memory card. If you lose your memory card, you start over. Game is still there though.

Back