◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Actually that 42 is 3D, but 3D sucks in GT6. It was much better in GT5. I was very disappointed in the picture quality of 3D in this game. Makes me mad still...

3D is still a ways off for quality. Even movies take me a while to adjust to. In home 3D is expensive for the return you get. We have 5 state of the art theaters at work, and render shots for movies in 3D, and even on those screens it's not even close to the clarity of 2D.

SNAILTimeTrial.jpg

The new combo Practice Time Trial events are now live.

The Leader Boards can be found here.

All previous TT Leader Boards can be viewed by selecting the appropriate tab at the bottom.

Here's a picture of our adults only playroom/driving room. Setup includes: two 50" Samsung plasmas, two PlayStations, two wheels/pedals (T300RS & a DFGT, getting the second T300RS next week). Can you tell whose wheel is who's in the picture haha. It's all mounted on a 36" slab door with two antique fireside chairs for comfort. I do plan on building two rigs later this year for the room, I'm currently working on some drawings now in my spare time coming up with different ideas/designs. I admit that it kinda sucks having to do and/or buy two of everything but I love the fact my wife is into gaming as much as myself, wouldn't change it for the world........Gonna be expensive for me when GT7 finally debuts.
IMAG0575.jpg

Anyone watching F1 live? I'm still awake from work and they're actually airing FP1 AND FP2 which is rare. Normally it's just FP2, Qualifying, and Race. This weekend they're showing all three free practice sessions, qualifying, and a full hour of pre-race coverage instead of the usual half hour. Not too shabby

Sports channel. It's the only sports channel here that broadcasts F1. They use the SkySports feed, but dumbed down with no analysis or anything.

Seems like the broadcast got bumped back half an hour. Only got video too, no audio. Best coverage ever TSN!!........

Well the broadcast was scheduled to start half hour early, so I guess it was just their scheduling problem, so ya it's live :D

I don't have any channels that air it other than TSN.....
I got so tired of the crap coverage from TSN I cancelled all the sports bundles from Bell, period. We got DSL on our road last year and unlimited high speed. I had to wait a day after Quali and the race but dl'd the complete Skysports coverage each weekend from a torrent site, averaged 8 hrs of coverage, it was awesome.
Hoping I can do that again this year.

Please remember guys, NO F1 SPOILERS! Some of us have to wait a day or two to see it!!

My memories of F1 go back to the late sixties, so I was very surprised to find out that there was a film made that I was not aware of until @vovik05 told me of it just being released on Netflix. Watched it last night, it is awesome, from the real day's of F1!

Here's the info for those who have been in the dark like myself :banghead: :dunce:

WEEKEND OF A CHAMPION
Filmmaker Roman Polanski spends a weekend with world champion driver Jackie Stewart as he attempts to win the 1971 Monaco Grand Prix, offering an extraordinarily rare glimpse into the life of a gifted athlete at the height of his powers.
Directors:
Frank Simon, Roman Polanski (uncredited)

MV5BMjA0MzI0OTc0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODUxNDUzMzE@._V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I got so tired of the crap coverage from TSN I cancelled all the sports bundles from Bell, period. We got DSL on our road last year and unlimited high speed. I had to wait a day after Quali and the race but dl'd the complete Skysports coverage each weekend from a torrent site, averaged 8 hrs of coverage, it was awesome.

Please remember guys, NO F1 SPOILERS! Some of us have to wait a day or two to see it!!

My memories of F1 go back to the late sixties, so I was very surprised to find out that there was a film made that I was not aware of until @vovik05 told me of it just being released on Netflix. Watched it last night, it is awesome, from the real day's of F1!

Here's the info for those who have been in the dark like myself :banghead: :dunce:

WEEKEND OF A CHAMPION
Filmmaker Roman Polanski spends a weekend with world champion driver Jackie Stewart as he attempts to win the 1971 Monaco Grand Prix, offering an extraordinarily rare glimpse into the life of a gifted athlete at the height of his powers.
Directors:

View attachment 329401
Did you watch the documentary about how F1 got safer?

Supposed to be recording FP right now but something else has decided to air. Thanks TSN........

TSN didn't understand the time difference between Canada and Aussieland. FP2 eventually came up on the correct time, but I was concerned at first when I had to fast forward for a half-hour or so

WEEKEND OF A CHAMPION
Directors:

View attachment 329401

I usually do the same because I like the full analysis you get from them, pre and post race and qualifying. It's great!

TSN didn't understand the time difference between Canada and Aussieland. FP2 eventually came up on the correct time, but I was concerned at first when I had to fast forward for a half-hour or so

Ya I realized that after I checked the start time on the F1 site. Ended up watching it live so all is good!

Random gear head/car guy question.

I want to remove the heat shield that's on my hood. Just for aesthetic purposes. I've seen cars without but not sure if they're just show cars or still functional. If I drive without that material there, what will happen?

I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra. Still an issue no matter what? If so, then why do people drive without them?

I seriously want to take the back seat bench out just to save weight but it's technically my dad's car and he won't let me dick around.

Back