◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments
@Falango I like the shaded affect it puts your own personal touch on it.

Here's a few more shots for the sake of variety.

upload_2015-3-26_2-14-26.png

upload_2015-3-26_2-15-24.png

upload_2015-3-26_2-16-24.png

@Falango I like the shaded affect it puts your own personal touch on it.

The shaded part turned out good. It helps pull the text off the background too, yet with it slightly transparent, you'll still get some of the photo coming through.

I kinda like #3. See what it looks like if you put the specs in a second line under the car name. There is quite a variance in the length of the car names. So, for the Ferrari it works like you have it, but the Miata's name is quite a bit longer.

Good job. I should have got you into this a long time ago.👍👍

Thanks! I think #3 is my favorite of them so far. Here's a version with the car info on 2 lines, and one for the Miata with that format, but on one line. It has a long name, so I want to see how it works on one line with some clever spacing and letter width adjusted to help it fit. The text does shrink a bit, so I think two lines might work better.

testBannerTop03.jpg

testBannerTop02.jpg

Lol when ever it starts you better be ready to burn rubber or get left in the dust lol jk but yeah I think the TT will drop late April and the final round will start in June :P

If it was out during the weekend of 9-12 in April I'd be freaking out since I'd be stuck 250 miles from home with no steering wheel or PS3 xD Gotta get in that seat time.

The shaded part turned out good. It helps pull the text off the background too, yet with it slightly transparent, you'll still get some of the photo coming through.

Thanks! I think #3 is my favorite of them so far. Here's a version with the car info on 2 lines, and one for the Miata with that format, but on one line. It has a long name, so I want to see how it works on one line with some clever spacing and letter width adjusted to help it fit. The text does shrink a bit, so I think two lines might work better.

View attachment 337484

View attachment 337483

I personally really like the 3 lines on the Ferrari. It is more pleasing to the eye; but the 2 liner also works.

The dark shaded area across on 1 and 2 makes it very readable, but I don't like it cause it kind of destroys the picture. With the horizontal shade I did not even notice it was there the first time, it kind of blends much better.

@Falango

I really like the side by sides. To me, the main purpose of the banners is to communicate the basic information needed for the upcoming races. I see the photo as just a medium to illustrate said communication. With that said, what I like is that all the specs are listed in one area and are crystal clear. My eye isnt jumping around and it's quite classy as well. No offense to anybody else, but this is my favorite format I've seen.

@Falango

I really like the side by sides. To me, the main purpose of the banners is to communicate the basic information needed for the upcoming races. I see the photo as just a medium to illustrate said communication. With that said, what I like is that all the specs are listed in one area and are crystal clear. My eye isnt jumping around and it's quite classy as well. No offense to anybody else, but this is my favorite format I've seen.

we need to exercise those eyes!

1_14691_0.gif

Alright folks, it's throwback thursday, @Falango has made some really cool banners for race info which, I personally think all of those formats should be used. Consistency is all well and good in most efforts but in regards to banners, I think banner design variety is consistent with the variety of the cars and tracks we run.

The only suggestion I have would be on formats 1 & 2 to increase the transparency of the shaded area where the race data text is to allow the back ground image to show through more.

By the way, I need a TOPP.

Thanks.

I like 'em all. The only problem is the name of the Zoom-Zoom. Why would someone give such a long name to such a small car?

Because you have to differentiate it from thw other 200 models :P

I personally really like the 3 lines on the Ferrari. It is more pleasing to the eye; but the 2 liner also works.

The dark shaded area across on 1 and 2 makes it very readable, but I don't like it cause it kind of destroys the picture. With the horizontal shade I did not even notice it was there the first time, it kind of blends much better.

I felt the same way about 1 and 2. It limits the picture use to one that has a single car as the subject.

As @Lessen says though, it does allow me to format the car and track information in a nicer way, which was the goal of that design.

I'll play around with them more tonight and post updates and we can decide which to use. I'll use multiple combos and pictures as the format will have to work for all of our picks.

Last edited:
Alright folks, it's throwback thursday, @Falango has made some really cool banners for race info which, I personally think all of those formats should be used. Consistency is all well and good in most efforts but in regards to banners, I think banner design variety is consistent with the variety of the cars and tracks we run.

The only suggestion I have would be on formats 1 & 2 to increase the transparency of the shaded area where the race data text is to allow the back ground image to show through more.

Thanks.

Put a shirt of @Dragonwhisky, it's cold out without a TOPP on!

View attachment 337484

View attachment 337483
I like the first one with it on two lines.

Thanks.

@Falango
Agree - mixing it around makes for good variety. Every design has it limitatons, but they all look good. And then we all have different opinions, like different colour combinations, etc. Whatever you going to publish this week will be liked by most of us. Then you will tweak it here and there as you move forward.

Remember to acknowledge the photographer - either on the banner or in the the text when the banner is posted

Thanks for stepping up - You can definitely be the primary banner man. I'll be back-up for when you take a vacation or something

@Falango
Agree - mixing it around makes for good variety. Every design has it limitatons, but they all look good. And then we all have different opinions, like different colour combinations, etc. Whatever you going to publish this week will be liked by most of us. Then you will tweak it here and there as you move forward.

Remember to acknowledge the photographer - either on the banner or in the the text when the banner is posted

Thanks for stepping up - You can definitely be the primary banner man. I'll be back-up for when you take a vacation or something

No problem @Rednose58! The idea was to give credit to the photographer with text, so there's a bit less text on the photo so it shows through.

As for color combinations, I was thinking of either changing the color of the slightly transparent background to suit different photos used, or go with a 3 color theme, one for each round of the night. Not sure on that yet, but I'll post up stuff tonight trying those out.

@Dragonwhisky

I agree about the transparency. Also, maybe if the transparency wrapped the photo slightly for a border effect to bring it together.

There is a small border with a shadow, that makes the photo sort of set into it. I've thought about making it a bit thicker. Thoughts anyone?

I'm going for a smoke break. This post should be 85168. Please halt posting at 85170 so I can have 85171. Be back in about 15 minutes.
Thanks.

Back