◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
It's flugpatz man. That rise before that kink to the right has been lifting front ends for years. All it takes to be disastrous is a gust of wind from the wrong quarter at the wrong time.

That is what it looked like to me Dragon in the video from the link Coach posted. That a gust of wind caused the car to lift up backwards from the front after it entered the Flugpatz turn. My condolences for the fans hit by the car. Good that their were survivors including Jann himself.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-snail-enduro-racing-season-22-starting-february-14th.255685/

@cmbeal317 Endurance tonight starting a new season and new car. Room opens at 8:20 PM Central Club only.

The car is Honda NSX Base Model '08. 498HP/571PP RH tires only unless their is weather then Racing Intermediate and Racing Rain tires. Track will be Fuji Speedway GT.

New caution rules are 2 cautions and the first caution to be at 1:06:000 and the 2nd caution to be with 25 Minutes left. Restart after each caution at start/finish line. Also in the new season boost will be set to weak/low. Times for cautions are based on countdown timer in top left of screen. Will be able to pit under caution.

Can anyone invite me to the club so I can join practices :)

@JLBowler

My rooms are public. You'll have to wait a few hours though. But here's what you can expect:

The Mazda Snail Train
@vovik from the pole by SnailRacing.Org

There's a stranger between us.
Clean Start by SnailRacing.Org

Bumpdraft to help a friend make a pass
@ps3-251 aka WeD gets a push from the Wolf while @kickenit4evr chases by SnailRacing.Org

Turn 6 before Rahal Straight! No brakes needed!
@Grandpa Money setting up for a pass by SnailRacing.Org

I wonder how many Miatas you can fit.
3 wide at Rahal by SnailRacing.Org

Busy Corkscrew

Keep it in-bouds and wide for better speed by SnailRacing.Org

Side to Side Racing a the Screw
@WeD and Wolf giving space by SnailRacing.Org

Turn 9 and he has a bit of an edge
To fight or not to fight? by SnailRacing.Org

lifting off just a big to file behind...
16772145298_64ff689fca_o.jpg
[/url]...setting up for a better exit by SnailRacing.Org,

...WeD pushes wide
and has to slow down to avoid overshooting it by SnailRacing.Org

sets up for an easy pass if you carry max momentum
even chasing @kickenit4evr is able to make the pass by SnailRacing.Org

next lap.... 2 wide at turn 6...
small contact by stranger pushes @kickenit4evr wide by SnailRacing.Org

Clipping 6
@Lessen perfectly executing turn 6 by SnailRacing.Org

A bunch of friends! @Grandpa leads @pakicote @Wolfsatz @Lessen @chatva @ps3-21 and @kickenit4evr
Life after the tricky corkscrew by SnailRacing.Org

@chatva following @Lessen
Turn 10 just briefly tap the brakes by SnailRacing.Org

Turns 3 and 4
@Grandpa Money with good form by SnailRacing.Org

To file or not to file?
side by side racing at the tight curves will cost you more than you think by SnailRacing.Org

@chatva inspecting the soundness of the kitty litter
... dont worry the officials did not see it by SnailRacing.Org

Shooting for an outside pass
Gutsy move by SnailRacing.Org

Side by side at turn 11
more momentum on the outside by SnailRacing.Org

Tight quarter but very clean
@pakicote holds his line by SnailRacing.Org

The inside loses more momentum
... if you don't carry too wide youll have much better exit speed by SnailRacing.Org

@pakicote ahead by about half a car lenght
and we did not touch at all by SnailRacing.Org

40 thousands of a second at the line
and a fastest lap of 1.52.092 by SnailRacing.Org

@ps3-21 WeD
at turn 10 by SnailRacing.Org

Mazda Laguna Seca
before turn 11 by SnailRacing.Org

Last edited:
One step forward, three steps back GTA. Top leL
Head gasket blew in my miata around 3am last night...in other words, no spirited driving for me until I pay off debts and get it fixed. -________-
I don't think @dgaf95integra was inquiring about your Miata. I'm guessing he was trying to clarify why you would view an aero fail as "three steps back" for GT Academy.

What happened was a tragedy for sure, but it had nothing to do with going "From Virtual to Reality". If what happened was caused by Jann driving over-aggressively or like he was "in a video game", then yeah I could see GT Academy's reputation taking a hit, but that's clearly not what happened.

Auto memorabilia store closed down today, but there were some great deals. Managed to pick up a 54/55 Mercedes W196 1:18, a Mika Hakkinen Mclaren Mercedes MP4-12 1:18, and a nice Audi R10 LMP1 print. There was a real nice Richard Burns Subaru WRC car as well, but a bit too pricey for me. I have a feeling I'll be visiting this guys online store all too often......

IMG_0101-2.jpg

@cmbeal317 Endurance room is open in the Snail Enduro Racing club room, club only race. The car is the Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08. 571PP/498HP. RH tires only on Fuji Speedway GT. Cautions will be at 1:06:000 and then the 2nd caution 25 minutes left. Caution restarts at start/finish line and can pit under caution. Boost set to weak. The 1:06:000 and 25:000 timer for cautions, numbers will be at those at upper left hand corner.

if you are not doing anything tonight come out to the endurance race. we are driving a badass nsx gt500 base model and with low boost and a caution with 25 minutes left in the race this is anyones race. Itll be fun and you wont finish last because im in the race!

:bowdown:Greetings fellow snails. Had another successful practice ''jam'' last night. Went on all night after taking over form @pubason abd @STEAMER62 . I might not be able to practice tonight as I have a busy day tomorrow but will be back for official race. On that note here is something my daughter helped me put together. all her idea and i just helped her put it together. I am hoping that this will start a trend as I am sure there are snails out there with better softwares and eye for this and make their own and post it on thread. so enjoy and ps. some how my image quality drops after rendering video but oh well it might just be my old faithful laptop so hope you enjoy and can not wait to see what other snails will come up with.

:gtpflag:

Wow @Engmatic1 , 👍👍
thank you so much for setting this up and share it with the SNAILers, looking forward to the next one :sly:
cheers bro':cheers:

I won't be making it to race tm. U all have fun without me. I got to go to Georgia on Florida side to pick up a uhaul for a chruch group but be back next weekend. See u till then...

Banners for Sunday @zer05ive. Great pics from everyone that submitted. Too many to choose from!

Photo credit @RobbiefromBC
View attachment 339533

Photo credit @FlipJ
View attachment 339534

Photo credit @Engmatic1
View attachment 339535

Gosh, my first banner picture! I'm warm inside and it's not the beer, sake, gnocchi and midnight dip in the pool!
Thank you for the honor, @Falango. I'm just sorry I can't join this weekend, but this was a very nice way to participate.
Good racing, everyone.

I don't think @dgaf95integra was inquiring about your Miata. I'm guessing he was trying to clarify why you would view an aero fail as "three steps back" for GT Academy.

What happened was a tragedy for sure, but it had nothing to do with going "From Virtual to Reality". If what happened was caused by Jann driving over-aggressively or like he was "in a video game", then yeah I could see GT Academy's reputation taking a hit, but that's clearly not what happened.

Yeah what zero said

Head gasket blew in my miata around 3am last night...in other words, no spirited driving for me until I pay off debts and get it fixed. -________-

Now I'm really confused lol I ment what were you talking about when you said gt academy 1 step forward 3 steps back???

The new format for the endurance series is amazing. The NSX GT500 car was awesome and after 2 hours and 2 cautions the whole field finished within 2 seconds of each other. we only had 4 guys at the finish but i promise it was a blast. Next saturday night come out, i promise you wont regret it!

Auto memorabilia store closed down today, but there were some great deals. Managed to pick up a 54/55 Mercedes W196 1:18, a Mika Hakkinen Mclaren Mercedes MP4-12 1:18, and a nice Audi R10 LMP1 print. There was a real nice Richard Burns Subaru WRC car as well, but a bit too pricey for me. I have a feeling I'll be visiting this guys online store all too often......

View attachment 339561
You bought three things, but I only see one pic.. What gives? :confused:

:D :sly: :P

Ahh, watching F1 at RTL channel, Ferrari pitout but with Vettel, did they improve the motor sound?, Alsonso is far away but as we all know him he is able to improve from start on even with a slower car, enjoy Fernando :cheers:

Back