◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
I have been out of pocket...went to Sebring and just got back from the weekend of all weekends at St. Pete as a Cadillac VIP (a very nice friend was invited by Caddy).

Just to let you guys know that me heart is in the right place...

View attachment 342567

Let there be BACON and CHEESE on your fries

Edit: and for you race rats who HATE BACON....here is a little something from the PWC....and...this is NOT your Grand Fathers Caddy...the new ATS-V GT3... seems the engine moved WAY BACK...
View attachment 342575
Yea, and it looks like they changed a few other things from the stock version.

Speaking of upcoming releases.. Does anyone else have the Galaxy S6 on their radar? The positive reviews have been pouring in.. Think I'm gonna to have to pull the trigger.. :drool:

I'm always late to the party. Just picked up my shiny brand new blue S5 for $1.00 at Best Buy last night. :) I'll keep the other $198 in my pocket and spend that on some racing gear over the next 2 years thank you very much! ;)

Last edited:
I don't generally think that's the case.
I remember when I was chasing Lloyd my first time in D1 I was still practicing offline, and I managed a time in the 2:04 range in the WSR at Silverstone, my best time online was a high 2:06 and Lloyd's best time I saw was a 2:05.7 - about a second faster than me. I remember when he told me that when you practice offline it's about like having the next step up in tires, I decided to stop practicing offline.

I don't know if anyone could do a low 2:04 online like I did offline. Just not enough grip.

Last edited:
I remember when I was chasing Lloyd my first time in D1 I was still practicing online, and I managed a time in the 2:04 range in the WSR at Silverstone, my best time online was a high 2:06 and Lloyd's best time I saw was a 2:05.7 - about a second faster than me. I remember when he told me that when you practice offline it's about like having the next step up in tires, I decided to stop practicing offline.

I don't know if anyone could do a low 2:04 online like I did offline. Just not enough grip.

That was the same week I stopped practicing offline as well. I did 2:05s offline, but couldn't even get close online.

Furious 7 midnight release tonigh, should be epic in Imax

I'm hoping to get out to see it soon. We had a sequence from the movie at work. I was on another show, so didn't get a chance to work on this one :(

#TBT <--- Not sure if I am cool enough for that jive!

First post on GTPlanet was on March 31, 2012. It was on this thread. Post # 2951

My first SNAIL race was April 1, 2012. Last night was my 3rd SNAILiversary.

The more things change, the more the stay the same. This League has evolved exponentially in the past 3 years but the heart and soul haven't changed at all. It was pretty cool to read through some of the post from when I joined. There are many that have retired since then and so many I miss. This has turned out to be a pretty awesome gig. Everyone that makes up this group whether new or old is why I have been here so long. Three years... Like, Wow man! Quite a bit of water has passed under the bridge...

• Total Seasons: 35
  • Total Combos: 374
  • Total Nights Raced: 127
  • Total Races Run: 744
  • Total Wins: 39 (I stink like Limburger)
  • Total Podiums: 160
  • Total Points Earned: 7823.8

I have had good nights and bad nights and everything in between. It has been a helluva lot of fun and want to thank everyone for making my Sunday night races something that I will always remember!

Your stats can be found HERE!

upload_2015-4-3_0-12-20.jpeg

images

@zer05ive
I remember my first practice race!
Zero was in front of me at Grand Valley reverse and I had no idea who he was!
Anyway, he lost it! Right in front of me and I couldn't avoid him!
The next time out he said he would try to not do that again. Haven't seen him on track since!

Let's all petition to get him back on track!

@zer05ive
I remember my first practice race!
Zero was in front of me at Grand Valley reverse and I had no idea who he was!
Anyway, he lost it! Right in front of me and I couldn't avoid him!
The next time out he said he would try to not do that again. Haven't seen him on track since!

Let's all petition to get him back on track!
Been trying to get him back on the track for almost 2 years now. Good luck with that.

I remember when I was chasing Lloyd my first time in D1 I was still practicing offline, and I managed a time in the 2:04 range in the WSR at Silverstone, my best time online was a high 2:06 and Lloyd's best time I saw was a 2:05.7 - about a second faster than me. I remember when he told me that when you practice offline it's about like having the next step up in tires, I decided to stop practicing offline.

I see. I'll have to double check on my own with a few different combos to feel it out but in my experience I've never percieved it as such.

Maybe he was saying that figuratively rather than literally?

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I was sent an email to my ps3 account to check out Snailracing and if I liked what I see, to join up. Well I do like what I see but have a question. I see that your series races are held on Sunday nights. I happen to work every other weekend at nights. Would this pose a problem? If not, then I would be very interested in joining.

Thank you for considering me for you racing series.

Bogoz214

Racing every second Sunday would place you as a part time driver, which is not a problem at all. Full time driver status is obtained by consistently racing 3 weekends per season (seasons are 4 weekends). There are no limitations for part time drivers compared to full time drivers.

@nmcp1 will be here with your welcome post!

Hello everyone!

I was sent an email to my ps3 account to check out Snailracing and if I liked what I see, to join up. Well I do like what I see but have a question. I see that your series races are held on Sunday nights. I happen to work every other weekend at nights. Would this pose a problem? If not, then I would be very interested in joining.

Bogoz214
You can race every other week.

Hello everyone!

Bogoz214

@bogoz214

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

I don't generally think that's the case.

I disagree. I've always struggled to hit the same apex speeds when practicing online as I can attain offline. If it did have something to do with connection speeds, I wonder if different people might experience different variances?..

Sher Maistry originally shared to Formula 1 (➲ Latest News):
#LewisHamilton Drops #LeMans, #Indy bomb
Double world champion walks away from #F1 and +MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS

Lewis Hamilton has quit the Mercedes F1 team with immediate effect following a fracas after last weekend’s Malaysian Grand Prix. In a shock announcement last night the double world Formula 1 champion confirmed that he will tackle the 2015 Le Mans 24 Hour and the Indianapolis 500.

“I will no longer drive for Mercedes in Formula 1,” Hamilton confirmed. ”It has been coming for a while, but rather let’s leave it at that.”

“What I can say is that I will be racing a revolutionary new #Datsun at Le Mans and I will also be competing in the Indianapolis 500.”

Datsun at the same time confirmed that it would be entering two until now secret SSS LMP1s at Le Mans run by Chip Ganassi’s multiple Daytona 24-winning team for Hamilton and multi Daytona 24 and Indy 500 winners, Brazilian Tony Kanaan and Kiwi Scott Dixon. The trio will drive a Kardashians entered car alongside an all-Japanese Datsun Junior Team line-up.

Hamilton will also race the 2015 Indianapolis 500 in a Kardashians-backed Ganassi-run Dallara Chevrolet.

It is understood that relationships broke down to a point where Hamilton exercised an exit clause in his contract based on continued Mercedes team suggestions that team boss, former triple world F1 champion Niki Lauda, is a quicker driver than Hamilton. “Not for the first time Toto (Woolf) told Lewis that Niki would be quicker than him in the Mercedes in the debrief at Sepang on Sunday,” a Mercedes team source, who wished to remain anonymous explained. “Lewis seemed more upset at his managers giggling after that suggestion and he stormed out of the meeting.”

Hamilton is believed to have travelled direct to Japan from Malaysia to tie up the Datsun deal before jetting to Indianapolis for seat fittings and shake-down drives at both Datsun’s shop within the new Nissan LMP1 outfit, and at Ganassi’s IndyCar shop.

“Contractually Lewis Hamilton cannot race in Formula 1 in 2015 following the breakdown of relations with his former Formula 1 team,” a statement from Hamilton’s new manager Kim Kardashian confirmed. “Lewis will instead drive a radical new Kardashians Datsun SSS LMP1 at Le Mans and a Kardashian-Ganassi Dallara Chevrolet in the Indianapolis 500, while he firms up his future racing plans.

“Lewis is impressed by the technical freedoms offered by Le Mans and he now looks forward to making a concerted effort to winning two of the remaining legendary world racing crowns alongside his two F1 world championships.”

The Datsun SSS LMP1 uses the same basis as Nissan’s existing front-drive biased GTR LMP1 but the Datsun uses a revolutionary and highly advanced hybrid system comprising an electronically supercharged variable-compression ratio 1.5-litre V12 driving the front wheels via a highly advanced constantly variable transmission and electric drive motors like those in Nissan’s Le Mans car. However, not only is electric energy stored in a supecapacitor, but boost pressure from the supercharger is also stored in a plenum within the modified Datsun chassis and fed to the engine on demand.

“This system exceeds Le Mans power quotas and allows a consistently variable power output to ensure great versatility and the ideal output to suit whatever point the car is within the power band or on track,” Datsun technical boss Eerste van den Maand explained. Total output said to be in the region of 1200bhp, available at any point in the car’s performance envelope.

The second Le Mans Datsun will be driven by young Japanese trio Dijya She/Dadate Isa/Wana Abyl, while Hamilton will drive alongside Ganassi quartet Dixon, Kanaan, Charlie Kimball and Sage Karam at Indianapolis. Further details of Hamilton’s plans will be confirmed shortly.
Read more (76 lines)Show less

Sher

April Fools day is over:

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/12592995/lewis-hamilton-996-done-new-mercedes-27m-deal

Hard to walk away from 40 million Euro

Lewis Hamilton is closing on a new Mercedes deal reportedly worth £27 million a year and he expects it to be finalised this week.

The reigning world champion has this current season left on his existing contract and has been negotiating a new deal without the help of a management company since last year.

"It should be done this week," he said. "There is no reason it shouldn't. Honestly, it's 99.6% done. There's no negotiating left, it's just legal stuff."

The BBC reported that the basic deal is worth $31 million (£20.9 million) a year but with bonuses for winning races and the championship could reach as much as $40 million (£27 million) over the course of the season. Hamilton's contract talks were put on hold last year to allow him to focus on the championship, but he always remained adamant he would not look elsewhere. Despite Sebastian Vettel's victory for Ferrari in Malaysia, Mercedes is still the class of the field and offers him the best chance of racking up multiple world championships in the coming years.

Although it's unlikely it would have made any difference to negotiations, Hamilton was heaped with praise by the F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone at the weekend, who said he was the best ambassador for the sport and deserves the big pay cheque he gets.

Kim Kardashian? LMAO

3000802-lmao-seriously.png

“Contractually Lewis Hamilton cannot race in Formula 1 in 2015 following the breakdown of relations with his former Formula 1 team,” a statement from Hamilton’s new manager Kim Kardashian confirmed. “Lewis will instead drive a radical new Kardashians Datsun SSS LMP1 at Le Mans and a Kardashian-Ganassi Dallara Chevrolet in the Indianapolis 500, while he firms up his future racing plans.

Last edited:
Back