April 5th, 2015 lineup
banners by @Falango

20150405r1-jpg.343018

photo by @TomMang_68

20150405r2-jpg.343019

photo by @DesertPenguin09

20150405r3-jpg.343020

photo by @Engmatic1

I just watched the video again for the first time in quite a while. I saw my own car at least 5 times. Excellent job by @brntguy putting it together.

We need to get him and @zer05ive on the track for a Sunday night.

On a side note, 13 miillion more credits and I will have the last car that I need to complete my collection of every car in GT6. For those that don't know, I had completed this task within a month of the game coming out by using the credit glitch but I deleted that save file because I was bored already. Once I have the last car, I will own them all without the use of any glitch or bug. Just the time consuming work of grinding it out.
Thats awesome. I have 903 cars I think. (No glitching) but most are the cheap ones I still have a ton of money to earn.
Whats your go to race for grinding credits?

Inverted pedals do you guys think it's better, I want to do it but on a wheel stand it's kind of hard. do you feel you have better throttle control than being flat.

Thats awesome. I have 903 cars I think. (No glitching) but most are the cheap ones I still have a ton of money to earn.
Super - Nurburgring 24 Minute - B-Spec Mode.
Mazda LM55 VGT stock + oil change and power limited to 650PP.
Buy Racing Softs and Intermediates. Start the race on Intermediates and set pace to "push the pace". The rest happens by itself with no input from you. 28 minutes later you have 614,000.

I use a Rocket tuned up to 650 PP on B-Spec at Williow Springs in the 20 mile race. Set the pace to push the pace and leave it be. It pays a little better than the Nurb race on a per minute basis. The car is also less expensive to do a chassis refresh.

I also will run the Red Bull Standard Championship from time to time on A-Spec. If I have a longer task, I will run the Toyota Hybrid LMP car at the 24 hour Nurb race on B-Spec, push the pace and leave it.

Inverted pedals do you guys think it's better, I want to do it but on a wheel stand it's kind of hard. do you feel you have better throttle control than being flat.

I love my inverted G27 pedals to the point that I bought an adapter to use them with the T300 I just bought. I never even tried the T300 pedals. It feels more natural to me but I have an extensive background racing a real car with pedal that hang down. It really comes down to personal preference and comfort and what your body can get used to. If I could take the spring out of the gas pedal and install a toe hook on it, It might feel even better but my body has adapted to the return on the gas pedal as it is.

I still race an IMCA modified on dirt tracks. I have raced mini sprints, hobby stocks, late models, and street stocks, and 4 bangers all on dirt tracks. I have dabbled in late models, modifieds, and hornets on asphalt ovals and even tested the equal to a Sprint Cup car at some short tracks and Auto Club Speedway.

I grew up running quarter midgets and go karts on dirt ovals. Racing is a family business and passion of ours. It goes all the way back to my grandfather running $99 claimers at the local dirt track long before I was born.

Last edited:
I use a Rocket tuned up to 650 PP on B-Spec at Williow Springs in the 20 mile race. Set the pace to push the pace and leave it be. It pays a little better than the Nurb race on a per minute basis. The car is also less expensive to do a chassis refresh.

I also will run the Red Bull Standard Championship from time to time on A-Spec. If I have a longer task, I will run the Toyota Hybrid LMP car at the 24 hour Nurb race on B-Spec, push the pace and leave it.

I love my inverted G27 pedals to the point that I bought an adapter to use them with the T300 I just bought. I never even tried the T300 pedals. It feels more natural to me but I have an extensive background racing a real car with pedal that hang down. It really comes down to personal preference and comfort and what your body can get used to. If I could take the spring out of the gas pedal and install a toe hook on it, It might feel even better but my body has adapted to the return on the gas pedal as it is.
Awesome. Thanks for the tips. Now one more question...what are inverted pedals? Or how did you do that? because I had an idea to make mine feel more realistic but I'd like to see your setup if you have a chance to take some pics.

Awesome. Thanks for the tips. Now one more question...what are inverted pedals? Or how did you do that? because I had an idea to make mine feel more realistic but I'd like to see your setup if you have a chance to take some pics.

I will try and take some pics this weekend and get them posted. It involves taking them out of the case they are in and mounting them to something upside down.

Last edited:
I still race an IMCA modified on dirt tracks. I have raced mini sprints, hobby stocks, late models, and street stocks, and bangers all on dirt tracks. I have dabbled in late models, modifieds, and hornets on asphalt ovals and even tested the equal to a Sprint Cup car at some short tracks and Auto Club Speedway.

I grew up running quarter midgets and go karts on dirt ovals. Racing is a family business and passion of ours. It goes all the way back to my grandfather running $99 claimers at the local dirt track long before I was born.
What's the difference in a IMCA mod and dirt ump mod same thing just the name. ump here in ohio nothing like dirt track racing. I would love to go to some tracks out in cali chico Tulare just to name a few, your tracks are heavy sticky tracks here in ohio dry dry slick tracks.

What's the difference in a IMCA mod and dirt ump mod same thing just the name. ump here in ohio nothing like dirt track racing. I would love to go to some tracks out in cali chico Tulare just to name a few, your tracks are heavy sticky tracks here in ohio dry dry slick tracks.

It's a different set of rules and they're not all that different. Tulare and Chico will turn dry slick on you by the end of the night. If you want a heavy track, you need to check out Watsonville, Antioch, or Santa Maria. They are closer to the coast and hold the moisture better. I do most of my racing at Merced and Chowchilla. They are both clay but it's so hot in the summer here that they go dry slick on the bottom and stay tacky up top until it hits 100 degrees during the day and then it's all dry slick. If you have a car, you should bring it out to Las Vegas in December. The track is in great shape and you can't beat the nightlife. Not to mention, there's over 100 cars there for the weekend every year. The last time I went, there were 128.

Awesome thanks again sounds easier than what I was thinking. This sketch is pretty crappy, the angles are all off, but its basically what I was thinking about doing. View attachment 343131

That's way more complicated than what I have. I just turned my pedals upside down and use the actual pedal with no addition. You'll see what I'm talking about when I post the pics.

It's a different set of rules and they're not all that different. Tulare and Chico will turn dry slick on your by the end of the night. If you want a heavy track, you need to check out Watsonville, Antioch, or Santa Maria. They are closer to the coast and hold the moisture better. I do most of my racing at Merced and Chowchilla. They are both clay but it's so hot in the summer here that they go dry slick on the bottom and stay tacky up top until it hits 100 degrees during the day and then it's all dry slick. If you have a car, you should bring it out to Las Vegas in December. The track is in great shape and you can't beat the nightlife. Not to mention, there's over 100 cars there for the weekend every year. The last time I went, there were 128.

That's way more complicated than what I have. I just turned my pedals upside down and use the actual pedal with no addition. You'll see what I'm talking about when I post the pics.
I just watched the outlaw show on dirtvision when they where in vegas, and the mods where there I think they had 7 heats

I just watched the outlaw show on dirtvision when they where in vegas, and the mods where there I think they had 7 heats

If I'm not mistaken, those are the big block mods. Those things are crazy. 500ci and the driver sits in the middle. They run those on horse racing tracks in the northeast. Those things on a half mile would be insane.

Awesome thanks again sounds easier than what I was thinking. This sketch is pretty crappy, the angles are all off, but its basically what I was thinking about doing. View attachment 343131
Whoa! That's a whole different perspective than what I thought about doing! I was just going to take the pedal assemblies out of my G27 case, and fabricate a new mount that inverts them. Your system would give more leverage, and more travel, which is maybe a point I missed. I'm anxious to see others weigh in on this one.

Whoa! That's a whole different perspective than what I thought about doing! I was just going to take the pedal assemblies out of my G27 case, and fabricate a new mount that inverts them. Your system would give more leverage, and more travel, which is maybe a point I missed. I'm anxious to see others weigh in on this one.
More travel would be nice but my idea is pretty complicated. I want to hear others thoughts as well and see what people have done before I start that project!

The main problem I see with that is you will probably need much stiffer springs (or helper spings somewhere else) for the felt spring rate in the pedals to be the same/similar. Also like you said the angles need to be worked out so when you push down the pedal it still pushes the originlal ones linearly . If you can get it to work with a good weight and also return to its starting position it looks like it would be interesting. Have you seen what the pedals look like out of the case?

The main problem I see with that is you will probably need much stiffer springs (or helper spings somewhere else) for the felt spring rate in the pedals to be the same/similar. Also like you said the angles need to be worked out so when you push down the pedal it still pushes the originlal ones linearly . If you can get it to work with a good weight and also return to its starting position it looks like it would be interesting. Have you seen what the pedals look like out of the case?
the stiffer springs are part of the plan. Some type of progressive coil or maybe a shock it would sure be nice to have compression/rebound adjustment but again. Its getting too complex.

No I havent opened it up at all.

Do you have your pedals inverted?

the stiffer springs are part of the plan. Some type of progressive coil or maybe a shock it would sure be nice to have compression/rebound adjustment but again. Its getting too complex.

No I havent opened it up at all.

Do you have your pedals inverted?

Slap an old valve spring in there and you're good to go! :lol:

Where from? Best Buy is offering a free wireless charger with a pre-order. That, plus the fact that I have some significant store credit there, are why I'm planning to pre-order from there. :)
Att store by my house, they also threw in an otterbox case (the only cases I buy for my phones)

Hey everyone! This is my first post here on the forums.. been lurking around for a little while though. Hopefully this is the right way to initiate this (if my reading comprehension serves me..), but I'm looking to join up! Hope to hear back from someone soon.

@CRG Racer24

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

specracekc-png.254208

Thanks to @brntguy for the awesome video!

Congrats to the SNAILs who advanced to the 2014 GT Academy Silverstone finals!

@scca_ziptie ------------ @Adventuruss ----------- @ParkerMO125
jFe83Sf.png
dsR2tOP.png
d1O5vZ4.png

@dgriffin28 -------------- @Neovre ---------------- @K1utch
RRgzge9.png
NuRKfeS.png
3VSvuch.png

SNAIL is proud to be an official sponsor of
GT Academy Champion Nick McMillen
thanks to the support of:

CARBOTANIUM SPONSORS
@Dragonwhisky 👍

DIAMOND SPONSORS
@Handlebar 👍
@TEX36 👍
@CoachMK21 👍
@dgaf95integra 👍

PLATINUM SPONSORS
@Chiochan 👍
@Schmiggz 👍
@gumsdad 👍
@Wardenclyffe 👍

GOLD SPONSORS
@fzappa
@fizzer 👍
@dabneyd
@Nicktune 👍 (Medium shirt)

SILVER SPONSORS
@goofytyler
@Troggy

BRONZE SPONSORS
@hooker4
@jobyone 👍
@whatbadgerseat 👍
@Mark II
@@McTrucker

Welcome to SNAIL
From our humble beginnings, SNAIL is now the largest console-based sim racing league in the world. Our mission is to provide our members with the cleanest and most competitive racing experience possible. No matter what your skill level is, we will provide you with a full grid of similarly-skilled drivers to compete against. This produces the closest racing possible, and is best way to improve your skill and refine your racecraft! Our league night is Sunday at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific, but we also have a a wide variety of other events held on other nights of the week as well. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please keep reading to learn more about us and how to join.

What Makes Us Different
There are five key features of SNAIL that you won't find elsewhere. First of all, we provide you with evenly-matched competition regardless of your skill level. In fact, the intense level of competition that we produce has established SNAIL as the ideal place to prepare for GT Academy. And if you want to keep track of your improvement along the way, you'll be glad to know that we keep the most comprehensive race data available on GTPlanet. We also feature an interactive process that allows all of our members to have a say in which cars and tracks we race. And last but not least, we're the only league that awards our members with valuable prizes just for racing with us!!

Evenly-Matched Competition
Have you ever watched a professional race where drivers with completely different skill levels were competing on the same track? Of course not! That wouldn't be fun to watch, let alone fun to participate in. Unfortunately, that disparity of pace is something you'll often find in organized online racing. When this happens, you'll be lucky to have just a few drivers that you're truly competitive with. Everyone else will usually either be faster or slower than you. We prevent that from happening in SNAIL by dividing our drivers into separate divisions based on speed and skill. This results in full grids of evenly-matched competition and creates the closest and most intense sim racing experience around!

Prepare for GT Academy
If you'd like to compete in GT Academy, there's no better place than SNAIL to hone your skills to the elite levels necessary to make it to the finals. You need to be the best of the best to make it to Silverstone, and that's exactly what the drivers in our top division are. Half of last year's and half of this year's Silverstone Finalists have raced in SNAIL. And since our race format (which features multiple sprint races) is almost identical to the format used at the GT Academy national finals, they were able to use their SNAIL experience to help them advance to Silverstone. Click here if you want to advice from last year's eventual champion and click here if you want advice from last year's runner-up.

Valuable Prizes
Have you ever wished you could win free stuff just for having fun? If so, then you might want to know that our members win valuable real-world prizes just for racing with us! These prize are based on participation and not on race results. Some examples of prizes our members have won include a GranStand Cockpit, a ButtKicker Gamer2, a GranStand Wheel Stand, and a Wireless ButtKicker Kit. You can also join Team SNAIL and earn even more prizes, such as shirts (e.g. S.N.A.I.L. shirt, F1 shirt, GT Academy shirt), video capture devices (e.g. Hauppauge PVR), sim racing equipment (e.g. Playseat Evolution), and even gift cards (e.g. Amazon and PSN).

Spec Racing
SNAIL was the first GTPlanet league to prohibit tuning in all of our races. This combined with the fact that we race in the same cars produces a type of racing called "spec" racing. Spec racing ensures that success is determined solely by driving skill and not by differences in car power, gearing, suspension, weight, or aerodynamics. Because variables in the car are eliminated, spec racing is the truest measure of driver skill! It also produces intense battles for position because all of the cars are equally strong or weak in the same areas of the track. Another benefit of spec racing is that you'll never spend time tuning cars or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune.

Race Format
Our league night lasts for two hours and is split into three rounds. Each round consists of two races that last 10 to 12 minutes on a predetermined car and track combo. At the beginning of each round, a brief qualifying session determines the order of the starting grid. The first race is set to 'Fastest First' to reward the best qualifiers and the second race is set to 'Reverse Grid' in order to promote on-track action. Points are awarded based on our "perfect" points system. After a round is completed, we move on to the next round and repeat the same process with the next car and track combination. Once all three rounds are complete, we tally up the points and then let our interactive format kick in.

Interactive Process
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It is also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of cars and tracks. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of every league night, we ask everyone to vote on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most "elimination votes" is dropped from the next week's lineup entirely. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes play an important role in our interactive format.

Prizes
A prize is awarded to the divisions winners with the three highest scores*. The division winner with the highest score gets Prize A. The division winner with the second highest score gets Prize B. The division winner with the third highest score gets Prize C: (NOTE: We now have a new process for breaking ties in the elimination vote)
Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off
Prize B: The right to replace either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes
Prize C: The right to "freeze" either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes

Promotion and Relegation
Although we split our drivers into separate divisions based on performance and skill level, we realize that our drivers are constantly improving and deserve a chance to climb the ladder of success. That's why we promote and relegate drivers before every season based on the results and data compiled during the previous season. This is also done to ensure that our races are as competitive as possible for all of our league members, top to bottom. Regardless of which division you're in, you will almost always be fighting to gain or defend a position on the track. Simply put, no other Gran Turismo league in the world can offer this much competitive racing to so many different skill levels.

Comprehensive Race Data
It's not always accurate to promote and relegate drivers based on championship points alone. That's why the massive amounts of data we track are invaluable to our league. You'd be hard-pressed to find a sim racing league anywhere in the world that tracks driver data and race results more comprehensively than we do. In fact, our SNAIL Data document contains so much information that we have to archive old data to avoid exceeding the GoogleDoc's maximum capacity! You can use this data to track the points championship for each season and compare yourself to other drivers in categories such as fast laps, total race pace, total points, average points per race, and power rankings.

Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you. If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, then file a Racing Incident Report. Our Stewards will review the incident and issue the appropriate penalties.

Settings
Lobby Settings
Course Settings
Tire Settings:

Based on Dealership PP (not the PP after an oil change)
below 349 PP -> Comfort Mediums
350-399 PP ---> Comfort Softs
400-449 PP ---> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500-549 PP ---> Sports Softs
550-599 PP ---> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread)
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post and follow the instructions provided.
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineup below
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight)
Step 5: Wait to be assigned to a division and then join that division's lounge on Sunday night.
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

For a list of helpful links and FAQ's, please click here.

Would love to join

Would love to join

@Mugs

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

yes. Feels More Natural .. YouTube Has Some Nice Videos On How To Do It
Yeah that's what I was thinking, last week I put my nixim gas spring in I swear its faster than the old brake spring. its just getting control of the soft pedal is the problem so if I invert could help.

Back