◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
For any among us ...... myself included ....... who don't really understand auto engineering principles. I just saw this 1930's video about understanding differentials, and how they work. Those of you already Enlightened - please allow a positive discussion about the subject. (Hope it works)

I love these old videos.Very nice @Tex36,Thanks!

So I figured I'd let you guys know now since its been blasted all over the inter web lol me and a few other fast guys got inside tip on the car being used in round 4 gt academy is ...... Now don't think cause we know the car it will help for the 4th round cause we knew the car and track last year and practicing online to prep for round 4 is useless we found that out last year lol anyways here it is boys and girls

Graves motorsports lmp2 car :):):)

image.jpg

Last edited:
@TEX36 I drove the track back in 2013 when I lived in Florida. And my review is, it's super fast but the dam track surface is so bumpy. I was driving a 99 Honda civic Coupe with about 240hp and the track still felt like every 5ft it was a small speed bumb

@TEX36 I drove the track back in 2013 when I lived in Florida. And my review is, it's super fast but the dam track surface is so bumpy. I was driving a 99 Honda civic Coupe with about 240hp and the track still felt like every 5ft it was a small speed bumb

Am surprised that they haven't corrected that difficulty. With "Racing" on the upswing, you would think the investment would increase racing entries and additional events.

Am surprised that they haven't corrected that difficulty. With "Racing" on the upswing, you would think the investment would increase racing entries and additional events.
Yea I was watching this year's Tudor 12 hour race and the track still looks like a series of speed bumb. It's a good track don't get me wrong I just wish the final turn was more smooth

For many years - mostly pre-youtube, I built "stick and tissue" freeflight planes - balsa and tissue, rubber band, no remote controls. These were immensely popular in the 30's, and again in the late 40's and early 50's. Some of the articles that I dug up online were not only informative, but quite inventive and creative, especially given the shortage of materials - rubber and balsa were in short supply during WWII, so 'bristol board' (aka posterboard) was used, gliders became more popular, and so on. Every basic design that I used and followed carefully worked, some of them quite well.

I made my own wind tunnel using an article from Air Trails (May, 1942) to test some smaller, electric R/C conversions I made out of previously rubber-power-only designs. The wind tunnel worked great, and some of the planes even worked.

As a kid, I had this book on how to make really awesome paper airplanes, as in F15s, F22s, 747s, MIGs, even stunt airplanes. They were great!! All I needed was regular old printer paper, glue, and that's it. Some of them flew really well, complete with rudder and ailerons that worked.

The bumpiness has become part of it's known personality. It's almost as if it's accepted or even praised. I'm actually not sure what people would think if it became smooth. Some yahoo thought it would be a great idea to create more "racing" at Bristol and all that did was put a stop to a 25 year stretch of sellouts. Idiot.

So I figured I'd let you guys know now since its been blasted all over the inter web lol me and a few other fast guys got inside tip on the car being used in round 4 gt academy is ...... Now don't think cause we know the car it will help for the 4th round cause we knew the car and track last year and practicing online to prep for round 4 is useless we found that out last year lol anyways here it is boys and girls

Graves motorsports lmp2 car :):):)

View attachment 349614

In response to that ^, since my phone is having a bit of an episode and my reply isn't showing:

So is that actually the round 4 car.. like for realz for realz? The GT Planet article listed 3 cars released in the latest patch.. so if that's the round 4 car, did you get any info on what the 4th car used in GTA is??

For Sunday's combo's, their needs to be just one correction. For the Mercedes Benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98, it lists max HP at 0. The max HP for the car is 201.

Should be fixed now.
I tried at 1am and it still will not let me in, weight still incorrect.

Had some fun with the camera and one of the 1:18 cars I bought a few weeks back. Love this car!

View attachment 349763

View attachment 349764

View attachment 349765

View attachment 349766

And how to turn your small apartment living room into a photo studio :P

View attachment 349767
TBH that's about as fancy as what my dad uses for professional portraits, you don't need much more than that. Great shots too!

TBH that's about as fancy as what my dad uses for professional portraits, you don't need much more than that. Great shots too!

Thanks Connor! I agree, you don't need much. The setup cost me $115. The softboxes were $100, and the backdrop is actually a white vinyl pulldown shade that I got at Home Depot. It does the job perfectly.

Back