Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Lessen

Lessen

Pop pop goes the weasel, the weasel.

2. nmcp1

nmcp1

@CheladaJr

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

zer05ive, Raw10_2u and CheladaJr like this.
  3. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

That bolded part is seriously not necessary. No need to be rude.

4. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

So you stopped drifting lol

CheladaJr likes this.
  5. CheladaJr

CheladaJr

I always raced I've beaten GT6, I tune and Race 550pp-600pp more than I drift these days, but I still do drift as I do run Alpine still.

6. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

lol ok

7. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

G-27 Mechanic Advice, please.
    Last night I experienced Brake Dragging, for the first time. Just as in a car, I touched the brake pedal and it was removed. Before the final race of the night, I pumped the brake pedal several times and the problem seemed to stop.
    Any G-27 mechanics out there that can advise as to cause and provide a solution?
    Would appreciate any and all help.

8. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

Not from me but from Gtp user @neema_t
    It's probably just the potentiometer, try opening the pedals up, unplug the brake pedal and accelerator, swap the wires over and see if the brake still sticks when pressing the accelerator. If that fixes it you can try opening the pot and cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner, try and find a new pot (I've heard they're a specific type, not just a normal linear pot nor a logarithmic one), buy a used set of G27 pedals as a donor if you can get one cheap enough, buy an entirely different set of pedals or find an acceptably priced load cell mod... I think that covers all your options. There was a thread here about a site selling replacement G27 pots but someone received a set and they turned out to be wrong, I've also heard that Logitech has a spare parts shop on their site but I've never seen it.

If, however, swapping the pot doesn't fix the problem then it's a logic board or connection fault. I can't imagine that's what it would be, though, pots are way more likely to be the problem. You could try dusting and cleaning the pedal connector anyway, though.

There's even more at this thread as I was reading it if you want to get mechanical
    www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sticky-g27-brake-pedal-fix-or-replace.261861/

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    zer05ive and TEX36 like this.
  9. neema_t

neema_t Premium

This guide worked for me when I had the exact same problem.

10. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

@TEX36.... I took mine to an electronics shop and they clean them for about $80 bucks.

TEX36 likes this.
  11. Falango

Falango

I think it's a somewhat common problem with these pedals. Quick fix though!

TEX36 likes this.
  12. Falango

Falango

T-minus 14 hours! Any guesses at the first combo? I'll hazard a guess at the Fairlady Z (Z34) at either Silverstone National or Brands Hatch Indy 80's.

DGuzmanG likes this.
  13. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Yep

Attached Files:

zer05ive, gmraces and Rednose58 like this.
  14. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Just for fun shxts and giggles, I opened a room, get your "Impreza WRC 2008"

It's supper bichtin where ever you take it!

15. flesxruoyxllik

flesxruoyxllik

I was in the white hat at station 5, and I walked right up to you to sign a waiver. Had no idea you were there till I saw the snail magnet.

zer05ive and CoachMK21 like this.
  16. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Nismo GT-R. Instead of the Fairlady

17. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

So, the draft of the Spanish SOLR

Thanks again to @DGuzmanG, @JJLopez427 @pakicote @pkenuelo for their collaboration.

[​IMG]

18. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

I enjoy faster cars on smaller circuits that give them some room to stretch their legs. Cape Inside is perfect for this. There are so many cars that fit that track and are still quick. I love a race with that many laps where you can really pick away at someone.

Lessen likes this.
  19. NoSkill2Kill

NoSkill2Kill

Someone from this league invited me to try it. Please inform what I need to do to join. Thanks

zer05ive, msgt-sd and CoachMK21 like this.
  20. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

So we have some big changes coming to GT academy

This year there will still be a U.S. Nationals finales but there will only be 6 moving on to race camp

Also there will not be a U.S. Only racecamp held in silverstone here are the country's that we will have to battle for a chance at that red helmet
    Did u notice that there is no Canada??!!
    image.jpg

zer05ive, DGuzmanG and msgt-sd like this.
  21. CRG Racer24

CRG Racer24

Obviously we can still do the time trial, but Canada is not eligible this year for National / Race camp finals.

To say I'm extremely disappointed is a gross understatement..

RobbiefromBC, gtr3123, Lessen and 3 others like this.
  22. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

That is terrible news. I feel really bad for someone like @LLOYDZELITE69 who opted to not go last year so he could get faster in real cars.

23. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Yeah I fell bad for loydz :(

24. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

What you need is CAIG Deoxit-D5. I tried the CRC cleaner, but I had to use it once a week. I've sprayed the CAIG Deoxit on the brake pedal's potentiometer two times and it's been super reliable.

Oshawa-Joe and TEX36 like this.
  25. Machinist

Machinist

Wtf is that about? They are looking for the top racers why wouldnt they want to include everyone? That sucks

26. nmcp1

nmcp1

@NoSkill2Kill

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  27. CRG Racer24

CRG Racer24

I don't know Lloydz, but I feel everyone's pain in Canada who wanted to compete. I know he was fast in GT as well.

Without making this a life-story post (or at least doing my best not to haha), I'm so disappointed.. basically heart-broken that Canada isn't included. I put in so much time and effort into training for this. I never even owned / played GT and never had a Playstation before last summer when I found out about this. Put in SO many hours getting quick in the game, even joined you lovely lads here in SNAIL to improve my online racing, and finally got my first win last night! I've done some racing before (as my name suggests), and got taken out because we couldn't afford it.. tried to get in again, but extenuating (sp?) circumstances prevented me.. gave up on racing completely, then out of no where, I find out about GTA. Now, to hear that Canada isn't included the day before it starts, after all the sweat and hard work I've put in to this.. sucks to say the least.

28. ConnorWolf

ConnorWolf

I wouldn't be too surprised if they added an Altima race car just for round 1 of GT Academy, but it might be the Leaf again, lol.

It sucks what they've done about Canada and only taking 6 from the US though...

Machinist and RobbiefromBC like this.
  29. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

Stupid GTA and stupid Canada what the HELL!

CoachMK21 and Tangled_Up like this.
  30. DGuzmanG

DGuzmanG

Here, some pictures from last night in D7!

C3:
    [​IMG]
    I love that Ferrari but our track-car-driver love triangle didn't work out. (Maybe to a lack of practice)

C1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Featuring our kick-ass scorekeeper @Rockhound18 AKA "Shrump".
    [​IMG]
    Leaving the Bull behind...
    [​IMG]
    @McTrucker Pulling quite a gap from lap 1. "Dang that man is fast" Polesitter being much much quicker than most of the pack in most of the tracks.

[​IMG]
    Pack shot on C1-R1. Right on the first corner.

C2:
    [​IMG]
    A Collection of red lights.
    [​IMG]
    I just couldn't resist doing the miniature thing... because it just looks too cute....
    [​IMG]
    Me coming up to a cloud of smoke!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's not called High Speed Ring for nothing! @BayouSimDrifter catching up to @Handlebar
    [​IMG]
    Here's me trying to hold against @McTrucker behind a ghost @BayouSimDrifter that never happened to be there.... (We had a bit of connection issues in that race)
    [​IMG]
    Again, @McTrucker leading the pack in turn 1.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015