◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments
PSN: QuintenXavier
TimeZone: Eastern Standard Time

I received a PM on PSN from the SnailRacing account after joining and running a few laps in the lobby

@CheladaJr

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

It's just full for this coming season as I close it to new drivers a couple days before it starts. Once the season is over (4 weeks) I open it to new drivers. To say there are no SNAIL events on Tuesdays is not correct though just because you don't wish to enter. There is see something to do every night in SNAIL.
That bolded part is seriously not necessary. No need to be rude.

It's just full for this coming season as I close it to new drivers a couple days before it starts. Once the season is over (4 weeks) I open it to new drivers. To say there are no SNAIL events on Tuesdays is not correct though just because you don't wish to enter. There is see something to do every night in SNAIL.
lol ok

G-27 Mechanic Advice, please.
Last night I experienced Brake Dragging, for the first time. Just as in a car, I touched the brake pedal and it was removed. Before the final race of the night, I pumped the brake pedal several times and the problem seemed to stop.
Any G-27 mechanics out there that can advise as to cause and provide a solution?
Would appreciate any and all help.

Last night I experienced Brake Dragging, for the first time. Just as in a car, I touched the brake pedal and it was removed. Before the final race of the night, I pumped the brake pedal several times and the problem seemed to stop.
Any G-27 mechanics out there that can advise as to cause and provide a solution?
Not from me but from Gtp user @neema_t
It's probably just the potentiometer, try opening the pedals up, unplug the brake pedal and accelerator, swap the wires over and see if the brake still sticks when pressing the accelerator. If that fixes it you can try opening the pot and cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner, try and find a new pot (I've heard they're a specific type, not just a normal linear pot nor a logarithmic one), buy a used set of G27 pedals as a donor if you can get one cheap enough, buy an entirely different set of pedals or find an acceptably priced load cell mod... I think that covers all your options. There was a thread here about a site selling replacement G27 pots but someone received a set and they turned out to be wrong, I've also heard that Logitech has a spare parts shop on their site but I've never seen it.

If, however, swapping the pot doesn't fix the problem then it's a logic board or connection fault. I can't imagine that's what it would be, though, pots are way more likely to be the problem. You could try dusting and cleaning the pedal connector anyway, though.

There's even more at this thread as I was reading it if you want to get mechanical
www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sticky-g27-brake-pedal-fix-or-replace.261861/

Last edited:

This guide worked for me when I had the exact same problem.

I think it's a somewhat common problem with these pedals. Quick fix though!

T-minus 14 hours! Any guesses at the first combo? I'll hazard a guess at the Fairlady Z (Z34) at either Silverstone National or Brands Hatch Indy 80's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 9
Just for fun shxts and giggles, I opened a room, get your "Impreza WRC 2008"

It's supper bichtin where ever you take it!

I really wanted to race last night, but it was a rough couple days. On Saturday around 7:30 pm, one of our two dogs starting yelping in the backyard and somehow he had a puncture wound that had some subcutaneous fat protruding. It wasn't bleeding and he settled down fairly quickly, but we had to take him to an emergency vet 25 minutes away. We were there until 1:30 am after his surgery. He's doing better, but we have to be careful with him and he HATES the cone of shame.

I got about two hours of sleep before I had to leave to get to the autocross event at MCC (which is across the street from the vet). I'm in charge of waivers this season, so I had there early. The good thing about doing the waivers gig, is no work assignment during the event! The bad thing is less time to walk the course, so I only got to walk it twice and I usually do five or more.

Also, we had three total Snails at the event. Myself, along with @z06fun and @flesxruoyxllik. @z06fun was super fast, as always. I didn't know @flesxruoyxllik was going to be there, so I wasn't watching for him.

Here is a video I took of @z06fun from the morning session. I'm sure he was faster in the afternoon.

So my three morning session runs were not very good. I was off course on the first one, almost off on the second with a couple cones and a single cone on the final run. However, the final one was at least pretty good.

The afternoon runs were much better. I watched a lot of the second and third groups drive and watched my third run several times to get the course down. All three of my afternoon runs were clean and each one got faster. I had to leave before the results were posted, so I'm not certain how I placed, or my official time, but I was told later that I was 5th or so in the Street class. My goal was to be top 5, so if that holds up, I'm happy with it.

Here are two pictures of my Zed, named Trinity from yesterday.
20150419_102713-jpg.351284

Thanks to my "sponsors"!

20150419_140002-jpg.351285

And finally, here is the in car video of my fastest run. I'm not sure what the awful noise is at the end of the run. My thought was maybe because I was turning too much to avoid the cone wall?

Thanks to everyone for all your support.

I was in the white hat at station 5, and I walked right up to you to sign a waiver. Had no idea you were there till I saw the snail magnet.

Wolfsatz said
on a more serious note... I've begun to translate the SOLR into Spanish. If anyone out there is willing to help out by divide and conquer please let me know.

@Dragonwhisky OLR = Online League Rules ?

See there. Here's another example of the talent we have lurking about around here. SOLR is a pretty big doc folks, any other bi-lingual folks out there? Show us your stuff. Special Projects earn $hells too!

So, the draft of the Spanish SOLR

Thanks again to @DGuzmanG, @JJLopez427 @pakicote @pkenuelo for their collaboration.

espanol.jpg

I enjoy faster cars on smaller circuits that give them some room to stretch their legs. Cape Inside is perfect for this. There are so many cars that fit that track and are still quick. I love a race with that many laps where you can really pick away at someone.

So we have some big changes coming to GT academy

This year there will still be a U.S. Nationals finales but there will only be 6 moving on to race camp

Also there will not be a U.S. Only racecamp held in silverstone here are the country's that we will have to battle for a chance at that red helmet
Did u notice that there is no Canada??!!
image.jpg

So we have some big changes coming to GT academy

This year there will still be a U.S. Nationals finales but there will only be 6 moving on to race camp

Also there will not be a U.S. Only racecamp held in silverstone here are the country's that we will have to battle for a chance at that red helmet
Did u notice that there is no Canada??!!
View attachment 351374

Obviously we can still do the time trial, but Canada is not eligible this year for National / Race camp finals.

To say I'm extremely disappointed is a gross understatement..

That is terrible news. I feel really bad for someone like @LLOYDZELITE69 who opted to not go last year so he could get faster in real cars.

What you need is CAIG Deoxit-D5. I tried the CRC cleaner, but I had to use it once a week. I've sprayed the CAIG Deoxit on the brake pedal's potentiometer two times and it's been super reliable.

Someone from this league invited me to try it. Please inform what I need to do to join. Thanks

@NoSkill2Kill

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Yeah I fell bad for loydz :(

I don't know Lloydz, but I feel everyone's pain in Canada who wanted to compete. I know he was fast in GT as well.

Without making this a life-story post (or at least doing my best not to haha), I'm so disappointed.. basically heart-broken that Canada isn't included. I put in so much time and effort into training for this. I never even owned / played GT and never had a Playstation before last summer when I found out about this. Put in SO many hours getting quick in the game, even joined you lovely lads here in SNAIL to improve my online racing, and finally got my first win last night! I've done some racing before (as my name suggests), and got taken out because we couldn't afford it.. tried to get in again, but extenuating (sp?) circumstances prevented me.. gave up on racing completely, then out of no where, I find out about GTA. Now, to hear that Canada isn't included the day before it starts, after all the sweat and hard work I've put in to this.. sucks to say the least.

T-minus 14 hours! Any guesses at the first combo? I'll hazard a guess at the Fairlady Z (Z34) at either Silverstone National or Brands Hatch Indy 80's.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they added an Altima race car just for round 1 of GT Academy, but it might be the Leaf again, lol.

It sucks what they've done about Canada and only taking 6 from the US though...

Here, some pictures from last night in D7!

C3:
FeHpdQYh.jpg

I love that Ferrari but our track-car-driver love triangle didn't work out. (Maybe to a lack of practice)

C1
3TN3Lt1l.jpg

Xdjunnkl.jpg

Featuring our kick-ass scorekeeper @Rockhound18 AKA "Shrump".
oX2tkg0l.jpg

Leaving the Bull behind...
XL54ffel.jpg

@McTrucker Pulling quite a gap from lap 1. "Dang that man is fast" Polesitter being much much quicker than most of the pack in most of the tracks.

ePDuX3sl.jpg

Pack shot on C1-R1. Right on the first corner.

C2:
5rwT73zh.jpg

A Collection of red lights.
Tva6Jq3h.jpg

I just couldn't resist doing the miniature thing... because it just looks too cute....
al7C6DXh.jpg

Me coming up to a cloud of smoke!
xqqeLS6h.jpg

h9TBG7hh.jpg

YvITZAxh.jpg

It's not called High Speed Ring for nothing! @BayouSimDrifter catching up to @Handlebar
e3mNCsAh.jpg

Here's me trying to hold against @McTrucker behind a ghost @BayouSimDrifter that never happened to be there.... (We had a bit of connection issues in that race)
2aJmq7xh.jpg

Again, @McTrucker leading the pack in turn 1.

Last edited:
Back