◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
I really wanted to race last night, but it was a rough couple days. On Saturday around 7:30 pm, one of our two dogs starting yelping in the backyard and somehow he had a puncture wound that had some subcutaneous fat protruding. It wasn't bleeding and he settled down fairly quickly, but we had to take him to an emergency vet 25 minutes away. We were there until 1:30 am after his surgery. He's doing better, but we have to be careful with him and he HATES the cone of shame.

I got about two hours of sleep before I had to leave to get to the autocross event at MCC (which is across the street from the vet). I'm in charge of waivers this season, so I had there early. The good thing about doing the waivers gig, is no work assignment during the event! The bad thing is less time to walk the course, so I only got to walk it twice and I usually do five or more.

Also, we had three total Snails at the event. Myself, along with @z06fun and @flesxruoyxllik. @z06fun was super fast, as always. I didn't know @flesxruoyxllik was going to be there, so I wasn't watching for him.

Here is a video I took of @z06fun from the morning session. I'm sure he was faster in the afternoon.

So my three morning session runs were not very good. I was off course on the first one, almost off on the second with a couple cones and a single cone on the final run. However, the final one was at least pretty good.

The afternoon runs were much better. I watched a lot of the second and third groups drive and watched my third run several times to get the course down. All three of my afternoon runs were clean and each one got faster. I had to leave before the results were posted, so I'm not certain how I placed, or my official time, but I was told later that I was 5th or so in the Street class. My goal was to be top 5, so if that holds up, I'm happy with it.

Here are two pictures of my Zed, named Trinity from yesterday.
20150419_102713-jpg.351284

Thanks to my "sponsors"!

20150419_140002-jpg.351285

And finally, here is the in car video of my fastest run. I'm not sure what the awful noise is at the end of the run. My thought was maybe because I was turning too much to avoid the cone wall?

Thanks to everyone for all your support.

WOW @CoachMK21 , this is amazing stuff, well done !! and thx for sharing this with the SNAILers community
a big :cheers: from Austria

So we have some big changes coming to GT academy

This year there will still be a U.S. Nationals finales but there will only be 6 moving on to race camp

Also there will not be a U.S. Only racecamp held in silverstone here are the country's that we will have to battle for a chance at that red helmet
Did u notice that there is no Canada??!!
View attachment 351374
Doesn't that just mean they will lump Canada into the US pool of people?

Here, some pictures from last night in D7!

C3:
FeHpdQY.jpg

I love that Ferrari but our track-love-driver love triangle didn't work out. (Maybe to a lack of practice)

C1
3TN3Lt1.jpg
Xdjunnk.jpg

Featuring our kick-ass scorekeeper @Rockhound18 AKA "Shrump".
oX2tkg0.jpg

Leaving the Bull behind...
XL54ffe.jpg

@McTrucker Pulling quite a gap from lap 1. "Dang that man is fast" Polesitter being much much quicker than most of the pack in most of the tracks.

ePDuX3s.jpg

Pack shot on C1-R1. Right on the first corner.

C2:
5rwT73z.jpg

A Collection of red lights.
Tva6Jq3.jpg

I just couldn't resist doing the miniature thing... because it just looks too cute....
al7C6DX.jpg

Me coming up to a cloud of smoke!
xqqeLS6.jpg

h9TBG7h.jpg

It's not called High Speed Ring for nothing! @BayouSimDrifter catching up to @Handlebar
YvITZAx.jpg

e3mNCsA.jpg

Here's me trying to hold against @McTrucker behind a ghost @BayouSimDrifter that never happened to be there.... (We had a bit of connection issues in that race)
2aJmq7x.jpg

Again, @McTrucker leading the pack in turn 1.

Pictures have been corrected!

Canada is not part of America. Can you start to recognize Canada as it's own country sometime soon? One Canadian was there because there were 4 qualifiers, as opposed to 28 American qualifiers.
I never used the word America.

All country affiliations aside, Nissan, Polyphony Digital, and Canada have decided to exclude some of our brother and sister Snails. Folks, that, should be what irks each and every one of us more than which country we live in and how some have referred to each country. Band together with a common cause here folks. More SNAIL at GTA is what we should be hoping and working for.

All country affiliations aside, Nissan, Polyphony Digital, and Canada have decided to exclude some of our brother and sister Snails. Folks, that, should be what irks each and every one of us more than which country we live in and how some have referred to each country. Band together with a common cause here folks. More SNAIL at GTA is what we should be hoping and working for.

Both things annoy me though. I'd like to know that people see that we aren't America's +1.

I wish we would be included, because it gives me a lot of motivation to race hard and strive towards something, even if the chances are slim.

If we're in fact excluded, I might still run the trials to prove I can be quick enough. We'll see how annoyed I am throughout this.

Come on Falango by now us Canadians should be use to being America's plus 1! It's not like Canada's every really done anything for this planet! well... excluding world war 1, 2. Being the first to make a super sonic plane, I max, the gas mask, insulin, electron microscope, basketball, walkie talkies, and don't forget Superman! Give Canada some love! With out Canada GTA wouldn't even be possible!! We invented the 56k modem!

Back