◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
I'm interested to hear this answer. I'm in D5 and I still use a controller. hahha Does anyone else drive with a controller or am I the only weird one..

Anybody found this Seasonal Event Race challenging. I had a hard time with a tuned 458 Italia. I eventually turned on the SRF and finally got the gold. Last night I went back without SRF and after about 4 tries I finally got the GOLD. The IA drivers are aggressive and sometimes one of the mid pack drivers will suddenly accelerate when you get closer and it is impossible to catch him until he gets stuck behind a "slower" driver ahead. It was fun though. Try it out.

i1zNBPN5rT9TJ.jpg

Last edited:
I am looking to get the Hori racing wheel 4 from best buy. It sells for $79.99

I am Sure you would not be happy with that wheel. Save your money and get a G27!

Here are a few shots (or a lot) from the '10 year old' combo.

This is a synopsis of a 10 lap race that started an hour later than the default with progression 3. On track
@Vegasracer @TEX36 @Rednose58 @Acidtest
@kickitnet @Wolfsatz

Not only this track is already challenging enough I'm just 7... But with the sun setting in the horizon, starting with lap 6 or so the track started changing with every lap. The sunlight in your eyes on the main straight also reflected into other parts of track made it even more challenging. Good way to remember the track even further as more blind corners appeared. The last 2 laps, the usual lines did not work and had to adjust speed and break points.

Cones Anyone?
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_18 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Somebody does!
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_20 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_21 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_17 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_22 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Exxo? Kicket? No it is @TEX36

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_26 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

The Alpine should read 'Snailien'
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_27 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

As the sun sets...
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_28 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_29 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_30 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

In between
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_33 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Lonely Wolf
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_34 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Get them published on front page tomorrow!
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_35 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

of the comics page that is :)
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_36 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

8 laps earlier
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_10 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

take the high line they said... it'll be fine they say...
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_12 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Shadowwwww
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_13 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Into the light!
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_14 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Making the high line work!
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_15 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Has the 10 year old found a way to break into this track yet?
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_24 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_25 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

in black and white
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_31 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_32 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm interested to hear this answer. I'm in D5 and I still use a controller. hahha Does anyone else drive with a controller or am I the only weird one..

There are a number of mid thru upper division drivers that still use controllers. I'm still on the sticks in D3. @WIDEeyedDRIVR is pretty quick (I think he's D4?). @turnupdaheat is D2 and almost always has faster pace than I. So yeah, you can still be pretty competitive in SNAIL with a controller. Also, it's not like they're just "quick", they also race very well. That's shows how much control can still be had with the sticks.

I am Sure you would not be happy with that wheel. Save your money and get a G27!

Here are a few shots (or a lot) from the '10 year old' combo.

This is a synopsis of a 10 lap race that started an hour later than the default with progression 3. On track
@Vegasracer @TEX36 @Rednose58 @Acidtest
@kickitnet @Wolfsatz

Not only this track is already challenging enough I'm just 7... But with the sun setting in the horizon, starting with lap 6 or so the track started changing with every lap. The sunlight in your eyes on the main straight also reflected into other parts of track made it even more challenging. Good way to remember the track even further as more blind corners appeared. The last 2 laps, the usual lines did not work and had to adjust speed and break points.

Cones Anyone?
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_18 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Somebody does!
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_20 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_21 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_17 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_22 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Exxo? Kicket? No it is @TEX36

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_26 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

The Alpine should read 'Snailien'
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_27 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

As the sun sets...
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_28 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_29 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_30 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

In between
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_33 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Lonely Wolf
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_34 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Get them published on front page tomorrow!
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_35 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

of the comics page that is :)
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_36 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

8 laps earlier
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_10 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

take the high line they said... it'll be fine they say...
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_12 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Shadowwwww
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_13 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Into the light!
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_14 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Making the high line work!
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_15 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Has the 10 year old found a way to break into this track yet?
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_24 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_25 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

in black and white
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_31 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_32 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

The Flake Series ...
Racing on the fake track with the fake car taken with the fake camera along with Flake Lake...

Irish Colours
High Speed Ring_5 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@turnupdaheat with racing spirit
High Speed Ring_7 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@TBongX and @Wolfsatz battling it out
High Speed Ring_6 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@TBongX leading Wolf and @kickenit4evr
High Speed Ring_4 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

These are the effects of making fuel with Charro and Pinto Beans
High Speed Ring_3 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@kickenit4evr under draft
High Speed Ring_2 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@Vegasracer avoiding traffic jams (ahead)
High Speed Ring_1 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Flake Lake. Nessie is randomly seen taking leisure swims along the beach.
High Speed Ring_19 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@TomMang_68
High Speed Ring_18 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@TEX36 trailing @Vegasracer
High Speed Ring_17 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Have you seen Nessie lately?... I saw it along the shore during the race
High Speed Ring_16 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@turnupdaheat battleing with @Wolfsatz and @kickenit4evr waiting for the moment..
High Speed Ring_15 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

These backs look amazingly fake! I want one!
High Speed Ring_14 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

The Inside attack!
High Speed Ring_12 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@TomMang_68 living the high life!
High Speed Ring_11 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

High Speed Ring_9 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

High Speed Ring by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

@turnupdaheat
High Speed Ring_8 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_1 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_2 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

City of Arts and Sciences - Night by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Last edited:
Does the T80 have vibration feedback like would feel with the controller, i am more for the vibration than force feedback or is vibration the same as force feedback, also could i use the wheel without the petals?

I started Snail using the old 'Logitech Wireless' (toy like) has no pedals.. I use the paddle shifters for brake/gas and always raced with auto. I was able to do what the guys in the controllers do.. unbelievable saves. So, yes, depending on how you map the buttons you can race with no pedals (just like the racers on controllers). This one has weak force feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D1MG5W/?tag=gtplanet-20

Answering your question... vibration only simulates the ondulation of the road, but has nothing to do with force feedback. FB refers to the push that the wheel has when taking a curve at high speed.

Does the T80 have vibration feedback like would feel with the controller, i am more for the vibration than force feedback or is vibration the same as force feedback, also could i use the wheel without the petals?

I started Snail using the old 'Logitech Wireless' (toy like) has no pedals.. I use the paddle shifters for brake/gas and always raced with auto. I was able to do what the guys in the controllers do.. unbelievable saves. So, yes, depending on how you map the buttons you can race with no pedals (just like the racers on controllers). This one has weak force feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D1MG5W/?tag=gtplanet-20

Answering your question... vibration only simulates the ondulation of the road, but has nothing to do with force feedback. FB refers to the push that the wheel has when taking a curve at high speed.
What he said^

Important Announcement Regarding Lobby Set-Up for Karts
The car selection method will be different for the races involving karts and only for the races involving karts.

The car selection will be set to "one-make" and that one make will be the Racing Kart 125 shifter.

This will mean that every driver will be provided a car to use and they will not be using the kart from their garage. Settings can not be changed on cars that are provided by the game. The host will not be able to change anything in the "filter by performance" settings. Active Steering, Active Stability Management, and ABS are locked to available so they will have to stay that way. All other aids should be set to prohibited as usual.

If anyone has any questions about how to set up the room properly, ask them before Sunday night. Failure to set the room up properly for these two races will result in the entire division having those results removed from the record.

I'm not 100% sure, because I add the stats based on the sheets @Rednose58 makes. I know there was a discussion on that, so someone other than me will have to chime in on it with an official word.

The car selection method will be different for the races involving karts and only for the races involving karts.

The car selection will be set to "one-make" and that one make will be the Racing Kart 125 shifter.

This will mean that every driver will be provided a car to use and they will not be using the kart from their garage. Settings can not be changed on cars that are provided by the game. The host will not be able to change anything in the "filter by performance" settings. Active Steering, Active Stability Management, and ABS are locked to available so they will have to stay that way. All other aids should be set to prohibited as usual.

If anyone has any questions about how to set up the room properly, ask them before Sunday night. Failure to set the room up properly for these two races will result in the entire division having those results removed from the record.

Cool just checking didn't want the room set up wrong

Just to clarify - just because the GAME allows you to use something, doesn't mean SNAIL says you should...

Just sayin' - if the OLR says "Thou shalt not..." follow the OLR, regardless of what 'treats' the game offers you.

Back