Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Before the May season begins tomorrow night, I'd like to give a shout out to the April champions! While a complete summary of the points standings can be found here, the official April 2014 champions for each division are:

Division 1
    @Adventuruss / Adventuruss

Division 2
    @ConnorWolf / ConnorWolf

Division 3
    @Rednose58 / Rednose58

Division 4
    @aLmk / aLmk_69

Division 5
    @TomMang_68 / TomMang_68

Division 6
    @CanuckleheadII / canuckleheadII

Division 7
    @McTrucker / McTrucker000

Division 8
    @Hellbringer69 / Hellbringer2m6

Congratulations to all eight of you! :cheers:

2. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

HEY!!! LOOK WHAT I PICKED UP AT THE NEWS STAND.

image.jpg

So this is in response to @zer05ive above post about spotlighting a snail member.
    I was thinking something like this might be fun!!!
    So once a month or whatever we nominate a fellow snail member for spotlight and if they agree we ask them to send in some of their favourite pics, we pick one for the cover of our "fake" magazine, throw up some fake headlines or real ones for that matter. Then on the inside we ask them a series of 10 or so preset questions, nothing too serious, try and keep it lighthearted..... Like zero said, a get to know you better type of thing.

Below are some questions I thought up that maybe we could use. Of course we could always change them up once in awhile. I decided I would answer them myself just for giggles!!!

SNAIL Q & A

WHERE WERE YOU BORN AND RAISED? ......I was born in Port Arthur, Ontario Canada which later amalgamated with its sister city of Fort William and is now the city of Thunder Bay. A small city of about 120,000 people which is nice cause in 10 minutes I can leave town and chill out in the wilderness. Been here all my life.

FAMILY STATUS.....Married to my beautiful wife and have 2 great kids.

OCCUPATION.....I work in a carpenters shop making custom made doors and furniture most of the time.

HOBBIES AND INTERESTS..... I really enjoy mountain biking, helps keep this old man young. Of course wood working also and I do some outdoor RC Truck racing in the summer.

DAILY DRIVER..... I drive a Ford Edge and the wife drives a Chevy Impala. Of course I have my 1970 Camaro that I've owned for 30yrs that some of you may know about. That only comes out in the summer though.

DREAM CAR..... I've always wanted to build a 50's type hot rod roadster. Flat black with red wheels and pinstripes and whitewall tires. As for something modern I really like the new Jaguar F Type.

FAVOURITE FOOD..... I'll eat just about anything, but there's nothing like a nice barbecued steak with mushrooms, potatoes and maybe some corn on the cob. That is some good eating there. Of course a nice cold beer to go with it.

IF YOU COULD MEET ANYONE LIVING OR DECEASED WHO WOULD IT BE...... Dale Earnhardt Sr he was my racing hero. I just like his tough no nonsense persona. He wouldn't last long in SNAIL though, to many IR's ha ha. Would also like to meet John Bonham from my favourite rock band when I was growing up Led Zeppelin... I betcha that guys got some stories!!! There is also a lot of beautiful woman I'd like to meet but my wife would have something to say about that. :lol:

IF YOU COULD TRAVEL ANYWHERE WHERE WOULD YOU GO.....Anywhere tropical... After all I do live in Canada. My ancestors come from Ireland and Scotland that would be cool to see also.

WHATS YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE SNAIL TRACK AND CAR COMBO..... I don't really have a favourite track but the car is the Aston Martin on the cover of the magazine. I don't win a lot of races but I did really well in that car while it lasted.

Thanks for your time.... NP

So that's what I came up with. Let me know what you guys think, I appreciate the feedback. Hey!!! If nothing else now you all know me a little better. :cheers:

3. Mike Lobban

Mike Lobban

I'm afraid it's going to be PC on PC for my future. It's all about economics. I can't justify buying a PS4 just to play racing games when I have a big honkin gaming PC collecting dust. I fully intend on racing with you guys till the switch, which won't be for a while yet. I am also looking forward to the huge jump in graphics quality that the PC provides. I just hope my Steam download works ok. I have had problems in the past with Steam games not being compatable with Win8. I'm not expecting problems as PC has been designed on and for 8.1 and beyond.

Comments are welcome.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  4. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

@singlepaddy GREAT IDEA!

I love it. Great concept. I hope we will see some comic strips too. Those were hilarious!

5. Falango

Falango

As I mentioned before, it hinges on Logitech support for me. I can't go drop money for a PS4 and new wheel, can't justify that right now.

6. Rednose58

Rednose58

I will also run it on PC if I buy it. I see PC can run up to 32 drivers, but no talking to each other. We'll have to see how many SNAILS will be on PC vs PS4 and take it from there

7. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

Quick clip from this mornings Lambroghini Challenge from my perspective at the corkscrew at Laguna Seca

Lessen, STEAMER62, zer05ive and 5 others like this.
  8. Engmatic1

Engmatic1

Just SENNA tribute week end thing going on here lol. I am sure that most of us know much about the great man . Of all the great drivers from jackie stewart, andretti, macrae,miki hakkinen, niki lauder to the dale earnhardts of nascar , sebastian loeb and another favourite carlos sainz, Ayrton Senna will always be my favourite just because the man was so inspirational. I remember watching gp races with my old man and senna always had my dad glued to the screen....
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I remember reading a post about the youngestSNAIL driver and I am not patronising you young SNAILS but for those of you who are wondering what all the hype is about Senna then take a moment sometime to read about the man and how a young boy left his hometown in brazil and moved to england to chase a dream. he didn't complain about the food, atrocious britsh weather and later in his career was stripped off a world champiosnhip with and incredible IR that will have most SNAILS going:banghead::censored: . he did what most great individuals do , he dug deep fell back on his family and beliefs and proved his critics wrong by going on to win 3 consecutive championships or leading the brazilian grand prix with a broken gear box that was stuck in 6th gear with about 6 laps to go i think. you can imagine the mental strength to finish the reast and win on the day to clinch his championship.. he was not only influential in the changes to Motorsport rules and safety regulations especially in F1 but the lives of millions of brazilians at a time when very few knew about the plight of the brazilian favelas were chanmged for the better because of his nature. after his death there has not been a single fatality in formula one, sometimes a bright light flashes for a split second just so we realise that we are living in darkness

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]LEGENDS ARE BORN FROM HEROIC MEN[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And on that BOMB SHELL last night's senna tribute went well. with vsFfit, user-id, TANGLED-UP and a quick brazilian who joined us for the fun of it to make the night compltete.
    So i will be hostinG a SENNA TRIBUTE PT2 tonight in open lobby. for my usual suspects who i missed last night when i couldn't keep my eyes open any more(ie sinna, pubason, tommang hope poker night was profitable buddy) be there and remeber senna colors fellas. ie blu+white, yellow +green, yellow/gold +black
    AND ABOVE ALL WEAR YOUR SINNA HELMETS AND RACING SUITS IF YOU HAVE THEM. ROOM OPEN IN 20 MINS WILL HAVE PINGS SENT OUT TO PSN BUDS-YOU GUYS CAN SEND PINGS OUT AS WELL IF YOU WISH. LET'S JAM AND HOPE MAYWEATHER GETS BEAT UP TONIGHT HEHEHEHE

aerolite, STEAMER62, zer05ive and 5 others like this.
  9. Sedia3

Sedia3

Amazing idea. I really hope it gets incorporated, it would be nice to kind of meet the drivers around SNAIL and their life outside the virtual track.

STEAMER62, zer05ive and TomMang_68 like this.
  10. Sedia3

Sedia3

I know who Senna is. I used to have a big poster in my room of him in his Lotus. Truly amazing driver and there will never be another like him. He just knew how to work the track to his advantage.

TomMang_68 likes this.
  11. USERID_77a23

USERID_77a23

I've read that online ps4 will be 16 cars on track. 32 vs 45 cars is online vs offline on a pc

Lessen likes this.
  12. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Ok. I haven't heard any of you taking about it so let's discuss. Who do you guys think is going to win tonight's fight? Manny or Floyd.

Engmatic1 likes this.
  13. Sedia3

Sedia3

Like mike Tyson said and I quote "he is jutht a thmall man. Won't take hith kid to thchool." Or atleast what I remember lol. (He was talking about Floyd.)

FlipJ likes this.
  14. Sedia3

Sedia3

What time will this tribute be?

15. Engmatic1

Engmatic1

hahahahahaha,, I see F;pyd winning by decision but i so hope for Manny and i am definately in his corner]

16. FlipJ

FlipJ

I have an extra room, live close to the beach, and all SNAILs are welcome to visit (with enough warning to get things set up).
    It's pretty tropical here and we enjoy all visitors.

MajorBlixem and Engmatic1 like this.
  17. Engmatic1

Engmatic1

room is up
    ID: 1472-6399-8665-9411-8463
    ROOM NAME : SNAIL.ORG SENNA TRIBUTE PT.II (IN OPEN LOBBY)

if room is unstable we can always move rooms to better host ie pubason :bowdown:

Handlebar likes this.
  18. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Ha ha...My wife wants to know when we're going. I might take you up on that some winter. :tup:

19. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The driver's list will be getting it's update for the week either late tonight tomorrow morning. I'm still waiting on any last minute time trials to get submitted tonight before the deadline.

vsfit, STEAMER62, ConnorWolf and 6 others like this.
  20. CanuckleheadII

CanuckleheadII

Nice work Single...love the idea

zer05ive and TomMang_68 like this.
  21. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

STAY TOONED!!! :dopey:

22. gotdirt410sp

gotdirt410sp (Banned)

Both all that money they will make ,Floyd can make 200 million tonight. but I want Manny to win Floyd looked scared anyway lol

23. FlipJ

FlipJ

The house is open, just let me know when the snow gets too deep and you can fly to warmer pastures.

DesertPenguin09 and singlepaddy like this.
  24. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

SnailRacing.Org
    Saturday Night Practice

1472 6681 3286 8588 1873

25. Sedia3

Sedia3

Fun practice a Senna tribute even though I got disconnected. Thank you @Engmatic1 for hosting. I would also like to thank @Mike Lobban and @USERID_77a23 for some fun door to door racing even though one of you *wink* *wink* seemed drunk driving. Fun time tonight. Sorry if I forgot anyone that was also participating.

Engmatic1 and USERID_77a23 like this.
  26. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Epic post! Just when I thought the idea was a bust, you come through with a home run! The magazine cover is genius too!! Thanks for posting (and answering) those questions as well. It definitely proved that just a few questions can help us learn so much about each other that we'd otherwise never know. :)

For anyone else who likes this idea, please post any other questions that you think would be fun to ask your fellow SNAILS. Also, what other suggestions do you guys have?

Thank you @singlepaddy for this! :cheers:

aerolite, vsfit, STEAMER62 and 3 others like this.
  27. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

I'm going to have an interesting night at work tonight.

28. Sedia3

Sedia3

Maybe ask questions like what got them into racing or what the felt on their first race with SNAIL.

Engmatic1, singlepaddy and zer05ive like this.
  29. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

My heart wants Manny to win, but my brain says Floyd. I was on the fence about ordering the fight given it's inflated price, but I figured it'll be the last boxing Pay Per View I'll ever pay for so I went it aead and pulled the trigger. Boxing is dead, and this fight represents its last hurrah IMO

BayouSimDrifter likes this.
  30. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Hey no problem at at all @zer05ive, It was a bit of work but I had fun putting it together.
    Maybe once we get some more input from other members and if there's enough interest I'd more than happy to help out. Keep in touch. :tup:

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    zer05ive likes this.