Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Work work work...

Just got home from working til midnight and go back at 11am tomorrow. It sucks but I made myself always get early shifts on Sunday so I can race with you guys!

zer05ive likes this.
  2. McTrucker

McTrucker

uDude Packy got robbed!

3. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

What happened with the fight?

4. Falango

Falango

Anyone that wants to post about the fight should probably use the [ spoiler]
    MUAHAHAHA
    [/ spoiler] tags. Don't spoil someone's night.

5. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I suppose, but this isn't exactly like an F1 race that was live at 4am and is waiting to be watched on DVR's across the country. This was a stateside event during somewhat normal viewing hours. More importantly, ain't nobody paying for that Pay-Per-View it they're not watching it live lol :boggled:

Falango likes this.
  6. Falango

Falango

Good point. I didn't need to pay for it. I live in a Filipino neighbourhood, so I got live updates through all the cheers and jeers!

7. Gouletzky

Gouletzky

High Speed Ring.jpg High Speed Ring_1.jpg High Speed Ring_2.jpg High Speed Ring_3.jpg High Speed Ring_4.jpg High Speed Ring_5.jpg High Speed Ring_6.jpg High Speed Ring_7.jpg High Speed Ring_8.jpg High Speed Ring_9.jpg High Speed Ring_10.jpg High Speed Ring_11.jpg High Speed Ring_12.jpg High Speed Ring_13.jpg High Speed Ring_14.jpg High Speed Ring_15.jpg High Speed Ring_16.jpg Red Bull Ring.jpg Red Bull Ring_1.jpg Red Bull Ring_2.jpg Red Bull Ring_3.jpg Red Bull Ring_4.jpg Red Bull Ring_5.jpg Red Bull Ring_6.jpg Red Bull Ring_7.jpg Red Bull Ring_8.jpg Red Bull Ring_9.jpg Red Bull Ring_10.jpg Red Bull Ring_11.jpg Red Bull Ring_12.jpg Red Bull Ring_13.jpg Red Bull Ring_14.jpg Red Bull Ring_15.jpg Red Bull Ring_16.jpg Red Bull Ring_17.jpg Red Bull Ring_18.jpg Red Bull Ring_19.jpg Red Bull Ring_20.jpg Red Bull Ring_21.jpg Red Bull Ring_22.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_1.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_2.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_3.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_4.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_5.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_6.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_7.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_8.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_9.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_10.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_11.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_12.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_13.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_14.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_15.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_16.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway _ Streets of Willow Springs_17.jpg
    Hi everyone! Here are the pictures from last sunday. Sorry if its a bit late but i got real sick this week and got lazy. So ill try to reduce the size of that post but if i can't.. well i'm sorry for the scrolling this guy i don'tknow have and hate to do!!! :p

SGETI, ONESPACE, turnupdaheat and 4 others like this.
  8. Gouletzky

Gouletzky

kool it worked...but i forgot to Tag and i have to say sorry to @MikeGrove because he wanted me to take a particular picture and i deleted the replay. So i hope these will make you happy but really sorry.. ill make it up to you! for the others... @ConnorWolf @gulin24 @Falango @gmraces @gtr3123 @MSgtGunny @ONESPACE @turnupdaheat ... i think thats it... am i forgettin anyone? Oh yea.. heres some picrues from our first practice at monaco this week to. Côte d'Azur.jpg Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

Falango, STEAMER62 and zer05ive like this.
  9. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I definitely see where you guys are coming from, especially if you have a Logitech wheel that hasn't had PS4 support confirmed yet. That being said, SNAIL is a Gran Turismo league and we all know GT7 is going to be a PS4 game. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that SNAIL will eventually become a PS4-based sim racing league. And while the decision to launch GT6 on the PS3 was incredibly beneficial for us, the PS4 is where our future lies.

And while it's true that a nicely spec'd out PC can outperform any console, there will always be advantages with consoles as well (which is why they remain so popular). And speaking of specs, the PS4 is no slouch! It's hands down the most powerful console ever made and that's a big reason why the PS4 has and will continue to dominate the console war - literally flipping the tables on the once dominant Xbox.

In the past, Gran Turismo has been able to outsell Forza even though there were many more Xbox's sold around the world than Playstations. That in itself is impressive, but can you imagine what could happen when you pair the #1 racing franchise in the world with the #1 console in the world? On top of that, combine it with cutting edge technology like Project Morpheus (which is already all too real :eek:) and you have the makings of a potential sim racing revolution! :D

Anyways, sorry for rambling, but I'm just very bullish on the future combo of GT7 and the PS4. I also believe that the Logitech issues will be sorted out soon. I guess to summarize, I understand if you want to buy Project CARS on the PC, but you'll eventually have to get a PS4 if you plan on playing GT7. Don't get me wrong - I know that every single one of us isn't going to get a PS4 even when GT7 launches. However, the fact that the PS4 is dominating the current console war (and for good reason) puts SNAIL in a good position to keep our community strong and vibrant for years to come. :)

10. Falango

Falango

I wouldn't be surprised if I do buy a PS4 and new wheel eventually, but right now, that $750+ expense is a bit too much.

@Gouletzky, you tagged me but I didn't race last weekend :p

zer05ive likes this.
  11. Falango

Falango

As for reasons why I haven't been online lately? Been a little busy at work on what you see below, and another movie starring Jack Black that resonates with my generation as a kid, Goosebumps!

zer05ive, pakicote, CoachMK21 and 4 others like this.
  12. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Reason why mayweather won, 50% of his punches landed. Pac loss because he only landed 19% of punches. You can hate on mayweather all you want but you have to respect his tactics. Just like racing consistency is the key.

13. gotdirt410sp

gotdirt410sp (Banned)

Its funny everyday you see nothing but problems with these crustmasters what a joke never will I buy there wheels. Got to thank them for this wheel support crap, and it isn't because Logitech got out of the wheel business. Sony and the game makers have everything they need to make it work Drivers SDK's ETC. I just wonder how many pre orders project cars would get with Logitech support

14. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Maybe i have missed it but has it been updated yet which drivers are in which divisions for the May season before tonight's racing?

STEAMER62 likes this.
  15. STEAMER62

STEAMER62

@TomMang_68 , congratulations :tup:, well done and I see you brake later on track and no more at all by climbing up the division ladder, well desserved and storm it up dude in D4 :sly:

[​IMG]

cheers :cheers:

Engmatic1, TomMang_68 and zer05ive like this.
  16. Lessen

Lessen

I will again be missing the evenings SNAIL events. I'm just too busy prepping for my daughters birthday party next weekend. She (turning 7) has decided her theme this year will be race cars so yeah... Not sure who's going to enjoy this more. :) I'm working on setting up a pair of spec rc cars, a slot car track and of course Gran Turusmo. The latter including a Top Gear inspired leaderboard. This is gonna be awesome... If it doesn't rain. Grrr.

aLmk, goofytyler, Sedia3 and 4 others like this.
  17. Sedia3

Sedia3

Who else used to play this on the Nintendo 64? Good times.

18. Vapor13

Vapor13

Hi I would like to join Snail Racing.. I am a clean racer.. Been lurking for a while, and finally decided to join.

Raw10_2u, STEAMER62, zer05ive and 2 others like this.
  19. Gouletzky

Gouletzky

I knew that this would happen but i didnt have the raplays and i idnt want to search in the thread so i took a chance. Maybe see ya tonight if i can make it

20. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Vapor13

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  21. Vapor13

Vapor13

OK, Thanks I have started the conversation.. I will familiarize myself will all the rules... Thanks Robert

zer05ive likes this.
  22. chatva

chatva (Banned)

23. Sedia3

Sedia3

Your signature reminded me of this quote I heard. The one you have just extended.
    "An amatuer practices until they get it right. A professional practices until they can't get it wrong."

Raw10_2u, ONESPACE and chatva like this.
  24. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

You'll pictures are really good. Perhaps I can tempt you to use a lower shutter speed so that the cars don't 'static' or planted? These will add the movement sensation mostly from the spinning wheels. Your pictures would have more pizzazz!

this has a shutter speed of 250 (see the wheels and the pavement)
    [​IMG]Côte d'Azur_4 by SnailRacing.Org, on Flickr

Mayweather has never been in a fight. He has been in 50s HIT and RUN!!

STEAMER62 and ONESPACE like this.
  25. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The driver's list has been updated. You will notice there are now 7 divisions. All new and returning drivers who got their time trial submitted before the deadline have received a message with their division placement. Divisional conversations can now be created.

If there are any issues with the new list such as spelling or omissions, please let me know privately and I will get it fixed before racing tonight. I will not be available most of the day but I will handle any issues before racing.

26. Machinist

Machinist

Lots of shake ups on the list this week! Congrats @ConnorWolf I think you'll do well in D1

@aLmk up 2 divisions to D2!! Maybe you'll finally get some competition! Awesome job

@llNovall and @WIDEeyedDRIVR @USERID_77a23 we'll miss you in D4 but you guys deserve the bump! Kick ass in D3!

Now hopefully I get my wheel back soon...

27. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

With the change to 7 divisions, we'll need to rework Team SNAIL, but it should be easier now. I'm probably a few hours away from being able to work on it, so please be proactive and see if you can help out given the new divisional alignment. Thanks.

STEAMER62 and USERID_77a23 like this.
  28. goofytyler

goofytyler

All I can say is that I'm glad to be back and what's shocking to me is that I qualified in D4 which I've never done in my year and a half with SNAIL so I can't wait to race tonight and I'll see you all soon.

29. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Definitely some interesting moves!!!
    I for one certainly did not expect to move up to d5. I guess will see how it plays out.
    I think I'll be going from "mid pack" paddy to " back of pack" paddy though! :lol:

QEDXY, Raw10_2u, vsfit and 1 other person like this.
  30. aLmk

aLmk

:nervous: for D2....

MSgtGunny likes this.