◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,692 comments
I'l be there tonight because I can't be there tomorrow. Switched shifts to a later one. I'll be home by 10:30 EST so I should be able to make C2R2 and all of C3

Since we have our combos set, can we make an effort to get some pictures posted for banners by Friday afternoon? I will have to do the banners on Friday as I will be quite busy this weekend. Please remember to tag me in the post so I don't miss them!
Busy is an understatement...

VIPER LOUNGE.jpg

ITS BACK!!!! If not by popular demand, then at the least as requested by @MajorBlixem ... It's the latest edition of SNAIL COMICS.
To some of you this may look familiar, I'm calling it round 2.... Enjoy!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I JUST WANT TO SAY CONTRARY TO WHAT THE CARTOON IMPLIES ITS ALWAYS A PLEASURE RACING @Mike Lobban ....NOTHING BUT CLEAN AND RESPECTFUL. HATS OFF TO YOU MIKE. :cheers:

ITS BACK!!!! If not by popular demand, then at the least as requested by @MajorBlixem ... It's the latest edition of SNAIL COMICS.

View attachment 387966 View attachment 387967 View attachment 387968 View attachment 387969 View attachment 387970 View attachment 387971 View attachment 387974 View attachment 387978 I JUST WANT TO SAY CONTRARY TO WHAT THE CARTOON IMPLIES ITS ALWAYS A PLEASURE RACING @Mike Lobban ....NOTHING BUT CLEAN AND RESPECTFUL. HATS OFF TO YOU MIKE. :cheers:
Oh! Dude, Well done! 👍👍👍👍👍 :bowdown: You got to much time on your hands :yuck: Nice work. :cheers:

View attachment 387966 View attachment 387967 View attachment 387968 View attachment 387969 View attachment 387970 View attachment 387971 View attachment 387974 View attachment 387978 I JUST WANT TO SAY CONTRARY TO WHAT THE CARTOON IMPLIES ITS ALWAYS A PLEASURE RACING @Mike Lobban ....NOTHING BUT CLEAN AND RESPECTFUL. HATS OFF TO YOU MIKE. :cheers:
AMAZING!!!!

You Rock @singlepaddy for doing this!

What a fun way to show our races. I'm extremely impressed and full of admiration. Thank you for taking the time to make our league even more enjoyable. Simply awesome. :bowdown::cheers::D:D:D:D:D

OK, I just did the Prototype Race Car Battle Quick Race with only 4 other people, came 2nd and got 600K. If you need some quick cash go race this, it is like a 5 min race, 2 laps around sarthe in LMP 2 cars, so easy...

Last edited:

Oh,,,I'm sleeping am I???? We'll see about that Paddy!LOL....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever since I seen the first one of these,I couldn't wait for the next installment.Glad I made it to the Big Time!:) ;0 ;) :P

hahaha @singlepaddy this is so refreshing loool, thank you so much for enriching the thread with your CAR-TOON workout, awesome dude, well done and soo looking forward to the next races, :)
images

:cheers:

Indeed. Very funny and entertaining @singlepaddy can't wait to see what you come up with for next adventure.

I was hoping to get some seat time in as I'm on PTO but the storm that came rolling through last night still has me without access to the internet at home. I'm reduced to a 3G connection from my phone. Cable company says it would be resolved "today" lol

I was hoping to get some seat time in as I'm on PTO but the storm that came rolling through last night still has me without access to the internet at home. I'm reduced to a 3G connection from my phone. Cable company says it would be resolved "today" lol

We were without internet as well @TomMang_68. However, no damage or power outages in Brockport, like many areas on the Eastside. [sarcasm]TWC has great customer service.[/sarcasm]

Indeed. Very funny and entertaining @singlepaddy can't wait to see what you come up with for next adventure.

how was the concert? awesome i bet!! missed you and sinna both last night. hope to see you tonight.till then.............
cliffE

how was the concert? awesome i bet!! missed you and sinna both last night. hope to see you tonight.till then.............
cliffE

I had mixed emotions about the concert last night. They played a bunch of songs they never played in concert before and some classic medleys. They sounded great however it may have been the last time I would have the opportunity to see them LIVE.
I've attended over a dozen times already, always a great time. Those guys are all in their 60's and still kicking ass. Problem is the body dosnt recover as quickly as it did 10 or 20 years ago so they are done with the big tours to 40 or more cities in a year. They still may do far fewer big city tours like Chicago, NYC ,LA etc. in the future. Also they are continuing to write so I'm hoping for a couple more albums too.

I had mixed emotions about the concert last night. They played a bunch of songs they never played in concert before and some classic medleys. They sounded great however it may have been the last time I would have the opportunity to see them LIVE.
I've attended over a dozen times already, always a great time. Those guys are all in their 60's and still kicking ass. Problem is the body dosnt recover as quickly as it did 10 or 20 years ago so they are done with the big tours to 40 or more cities in a year. They still may do far fewer big city tours like Chicago, NYC ,LA etc. in the future. Also they are continuing to write so I'm hoping for a couple more albums too.

rush is going to be here in kansas city on july 9th at the sprint center, alot of good shows coming this summer, the stones will be here june 27th, would like to go but funds won't permit

cliffE

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, WoW I must say The Orange Lounge seems to be the place to be on Wednesday nights. I suppose Our own success and popularity came back to haunt us last night as the lounge was jam packed with drivers from all divisions. in the end there was a catastrophic crash and for that I do apologise. So here are some banner pics from last night

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_4.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_6.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_3.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_5.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_6.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_2.jpg
City of Arts and Sciences - Night_1.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg
City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_5.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg

Next are highlights of Sunday's race from D5. Getting to know my DIV5 comrades slowly and I hope to start fighting up front for podium spots soon. On that Bomb Shell it was a blast even though I had an abysmal night. So here goes.

This time I tried using actual video replay but as I don't have a capture device I was forced to do make the best of what I had and used a digital camera which didn't give me the best of quality but after meddling with my tv settings and bringing the brightness way down I found a setting that gave me the best it could offer and at least I can practice with bad quality files till I decide to get a capture device. I do hope it's still enjoyable to watch.

The Viper in bathurst is an incredible combo. Good job Chatva.
Coming down the mountain can be a little tricky when the car's overweight starts playing understeering games but if that is taken in consideration, the rest of the track is pure fun.
The McLaren is a little problematic in the very fast Le Mans race track. Poor stability and insanely bad breaks make this combo something beyond a challenge. By the other hand, is very fun to push in those fast Ss's right before the pit entry. One little mistake, race over.

SNAIL AND WRS PT2

OK....fun had on Monday and I got diverted by real life . Just for grins I checked our (Pack) attendance against Snail Sunday last week. A rough cut shows D1, D2, D3, D4, and D5 represented.....and all finished (laughing) within 2.5 or so seconds after 15 minute races...even after several (Many ?) trips to the agriculture, the beach, and harder surfaces .OK 8...7...6 where the H are ya....this series was made for you.

and @Dragonwhisky ...yeah...yeah...yeah...so what's in a name.:D

NOW....
The SNAIL side of the story. And remember this is a one off unplanned, no outline...reaction from the gut. If I piss anyone off...oh well...but honestly I'm not gonna sugar coat anything.

I forgot to mention that a major part of WRS is the fact that they run weekly TTs with cars that they then run in their weekly races, and all assignment of Divisions is based on the TT handicap from the continuing TTs. Thus you can have a fast D4 (their bottom) who is REALLY fast on track who does not TT, and conversely you can have a REALLY fast TT driver who does not race at all because he does not like other cars bothering his style. Think SCCA Autocross Vs National Racing. However...the fast guys do both with equal aplomb. And as noted all Divisions race together and the handicap is only used in obscure cases where if two guys dead heat qualifying in a special race...in which case the guy with the better handicap will get the place. WHEW!

SNAIL.

A superb place to learn how to drive and then hone your skills in a rather intense multi-race environment where you routinely drive three cars per night on three different tracks with large grids of roughly co-speed competitors . The main difference between SNAIL and WRS, other than race length and the attendant pit stops is that SNAIL teaches you to race with your peers in pressure packed sprint races where you are ON from the minute the flag drops. WRS, while it will gladly helps new guys, is more tailored to the developed driver who knows the ropes and overall race pace trumps sprint speed....usually....well not really @PASM wins most of the time.:lol:

A major part of the SNAIL process is that, unlike the WRS which assumes good manners and track conduct, Adult Supervision in the person of a vibrant Steward Corps and a very well functioning structured IR process is present. While IRs are usually filled between drivers, they can be filed by Stewards. This is partially necessitated by the desire of most drivers to Move Up and UP with some having aspirations of Nissan Academy while others like it right where they are. The former tend to be more aggressive than the later, and until their race craft catches up with their ambitions they require occasional reminders that they are not to act like a bull in a china shop.

The WRS also has stewards but handles their IRs sorta differently. If someone cuts you off or acts unprofessionally you mention it to the offender and then if you are not happy with the outcome...or it happens again...you have a chat with a Steward and the Steward Corps takes care of the problem behind closed doors. Rarely will nonparticipants even know what happened. Rarely is this necessary except with new guys who don't understand that you drive the cars like they are real and are expensive to fix so we DO NOT hit each other or try stupid moves. (Umm...this is when I got MY Come to Jesus meeting with a bunch of guys who
I later learned we VERY GOOD, VERY FAST, and who were, shall we say, not amused with my physics defying passing maneuvers :boggled:)

So....the main difference....WRS is a calmer more laid back group of drivers who...drive. They rarely keep score and drivers of all ability drive together.... while...SNAIL is a very structured organization created to help a driver progress step by step until he reaches his natural ability. Race difference...WRS longer with many special one off events catering to a more international group of drivers....SNAIL has short intense sprint races with a mainly north American driver base.

Are they mutually exclusive. Not at all. I started in WRS and then side tracked into SNAIL when it became apparent that I needed a lot of track time to develop Race Craft . Did I enjoy both...absolutely...and I still do.

Bad side....WRS is a difficult place to learn the basics....they will help you...I mean I was taken aside numerous times and shown lines by @Gravitron (our friendly Moderator and WRS Steward) and @PASM (world class good guy and Silverstone finalist from Holland). These guys will try to help if you have a problem but it might be a better idea to have a clue when you show up. :lol: ( I did not :crazy:).

Another interesting fact. when I first belonged to both Organizations it was sort of unofficially verboten to talk about SNAIL in WRS and vice versa . It was as if they disliked each other or they did not want THEIR drivers poached by the other. I have never played well with politics and I constantly chatted about both leagues in both leagues. As a result a number of drivers went AC/DC and tried each other out. As a result of this and a lessening of mutual paranoia the leagues now co-exist (as they should) with drivers crossing back and forth as they want for specific races. This cross pollination has benefited both with neither being negatively impacted.

Short answer.

SNAIL....organized by ability level...structured....intense....place to start and stay if sprint racing is your desire. THE place to learn your trade. North American by and large

WRS......All race together.....more laid back.....longer races....wonderful place to race...after you have a clue....or two. International.

Love m both.

Hey guys I had a weird random idea... have any of you ever experienced where, if you set your AM radio to a certain frequency, you can hear your engine's RPM over the radio?

It would be interesting if a driver could wear in-ear monitors that block out a lot of the noise but have that sound as playback... and I wonder if you could use it to hear cars approaching behind you if the signal was strong enough xD

Back