◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Awesome band. About 35 years ago, Rush was just another Toronto bar band competing for the same bar wage my band was. They were good guys back then and are still good Canadian Hozers. It was shortly before Peart joined the band....the rest is history. Enjoy the show Tom

Wow. How cool was that to be battling for stage time with Rush back in the day. Concert was excellent, per usual.

Happy 60th Mike...are you still jammin?

Happy birthday Mike! It seemed like you were faster than ever last night.

And here's some pics for banners:

uLh7p6n.jpg
14pxms8.jpg
OwozjLn.jpg
WOju8Sg.jpg
sgEXX5t.jpg
ptrRAzg.jpg

This irritates me no end. Might as well just jump ship and go with a T500 and all the assorted stuff that goes with it. Either that or my retirement from online gaming/racing looms ever closer. Why no shifter for the PS G29? And why no hardware crossover? $400.00? You have got to be kidding me.

Seems to me they are charging way too much just for the wheel itself and then have to spend another $60 to get the paddle shifter, mine as well get the T500 instead of having to spend extra with the Logitech.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE ,WEEEE I THINK I AM CATCHING YOU .HA HA
thank you for adding me on your friends list, then I knocked you for a loop at sarthe and we both laughed .

thank you and happy happy birthday,dude:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::gtpflag:

anybody that builds AND flies airplanes is pretty awesome in my book, that goes for you too aerolite, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE

cliffE

Yea, knowing what Logitech has planned, I'd say that confirmed my choice to get the Thrustmaster stuff. Logitech didn't upgrade it's internals so that's a big no no.

Is it better to order through Amazon or Thrustmaster's site?

Yea, knowing what Logitech has planned, I'd say that confirmed my choice to get the Thrustmaster stuff. Logitech didn't upgrade it's internals so that's a big no no.

Is it better to order through Amazon or Thrustmaster's site?
Wow, just looked at Logitech's website to find an enormous price tag for the G29 wheel and shifter set. $399 and $59. At $458, I have to admit I'm disappointed. I got excited to see the new G29 coming out, and expected to purchase one to continue my online racing. But the sticker shock has me baffled. That's pretty close to T-300 money. Well, here's hoping the Logitech price is suggested retail, and other vendors like Amazon price it more affordable. :(:confused::(

anybody that builds AND flies airplanes is pretty awesome in my book, that goes for you too aerolite, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE

cliffE
Would you still call it awesome if you knew his plane was pink and purple!! We do know @Die_Birdy_Die will absolutely love it though,lol.

Seeing as it's his birthday, and a slow Friday, I'll post a few pics.

Here's Mike in his usual position, while I installed a set of floats for him.

100_0418.JPG

His pink and purple Spidy man flyer.

100_0425.JPG

He finally saw the light and recovered the plane in the back of my shop. BTW, he is slightly younger than 60 here!

100_4615.JPG

Last edited:
Would you still call it awesome if you knew his plane was pink and purple!! We do know @Die_Birdy_Die will absolutely love it though,lol.

Here he is in his usual position while I installed a set of floats for him.

View attachment 388836

View attachment 388837

He did finally see the light and recovered the plane in the back of my shop. BTW, he is slightly younger than 60 here!

View attachment 388838
And here I pictured a slightly bald man with snow white hair over his ears, long white beard, a walker with tennis balls on the feet, and his laminated AARP card hanging from a long string around his neck. :lol:

In all seriousness, it's always fun to put a face to the voice. What a good lookin' dude, right?

View attachment 388836

View attachment 388837

He did finally see the light and recovered the plane in the back of my shop. BTW, he is slightly younger than 60 here!

View attachment 388838

it is hard to diminish the second greatest thrill of flight except by maybe the greatest thrill of Landing:lol::lol::lol:

cliffE

Really disappointed in the G29. I'll stick to my G27 til it dies, and may invest in a T500 later on when I get a PS4, we'll see. Selling the shifter separate is a stupid idea too. :(

HELP WANTED

SNAIL Racing would like to announce a new vacant position in the capacity of Color & Number Chart Coordinator. This is an entry level position with excellent benefits, with the possibility for advancement. Salary is a flat fee.

Required Qualifications:
  • Time available to update the required Google Doc on a monthly basis
  • A heartbeat

Preferred Qualifications:
  • Experience with Google Docs
  • Time available to update the required Google Doc on a weekly basis

Application Process:
  • Send a private message to 'CoachMK21' to express interest in the opening with a general outline of your experience.

SNAIL Color and Number Chart

This post contains the rules governing color and number choice and instructions on requesting a choice.​

While choosing a color and number combo is not required, we ask that all of our races to do so. This is done for a number of reasons. From easier driver identification to adding uniqueness in a spec race series. Here are a couple of rules, tips and instructions on submitting your choice.

The rules:
  1. The driver with a greater number of races participated in has seniority over a racer with less, giving them rights to a particular color/number.
    Tip: Have another color in mind just in case.
  2. Any color and any combo is allowed, so long as it does not match or present a hard distinction from another driver in your division.
    Tip: Look at the divisions above and below, if you or another who is looking to be promoted and they hold seniority, be prepared to switch colors.
  3. Please try not to duplicate numbers with another racer across the series.
  4. Please, enter a paint chip and not a general color. (IE, WC Mica Blue, as opposed to Blue) This will insure that we get the maximum amount of use of hues in any given color.

Instructions:
  1. Read the current Color/Number Chart first!
  2. First decide on a body and rim color combo.
  3. Next click HERE and fill out the form
  4. To find when your SNAIL start date. Column Y "SNAIL birth date"

The most current lists:
Sorted by Division

If you are in a different division than what is currently listed, it would be helpful to submit a new form, even if you don't change your color or number.

Special thanks to @Rallywagon for being the previous Color / Number Coordinator.

Links have been updated.

View attachment 388836

View attachment 388837

View attachment 388838
I remember how friggn hot it was that day. The next day was even more interesting when the first float flight took place. I misunderstood my instructors words on approach speeds with the floats on. Kept coming in hot and bouncing back into the air. After about three trys to land, I said to hell with it and approached at what I thought was a proper speed and greased the landing. My instructor just shook his head when I told him what speed I was trying to set down and Busby,(Aerolight), was killing himself laughing at me. Called me a wanker.
I don't get to fly very often anymore, but the memories of the fun we had with these UL's will stay forever. I sold it after it tried to kill me the fourth time. Two stroke engines suck. Two weeks after I sold it ,the plane was written off by a tornado that swung through my home airport. Remember that Steve? A very sad day after spending almost two years rebuilding with Steves help. It had one hour of flight time on the clock when Tommy tornado took my(well, not mine anymore) toy away.

Thanks to all for the BD wishes. I can now join the Geezer league.

To get a promo code, go to their site and sign up as a customer. Within a few minutes they send you a welcome package with today's promo code.
They had this on their daily deals couple weeks ago for only $199.00.
Thanks for the tip, I signed up for email deals. If I ever see a T300 for $199, I'll buy 2! I tried again after the email came to me, but that promo code still says "not a valid promo code." Sometimes these things are for the best, I don't really need a T300 today. I just love deal shopping!

I'm new to league racing and was wondering what view do most people use to race. I use the view where you can't see any part of the car, just the meters.

Back