Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. pubason

pubason

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE ,WEEEE I THINK I AM CATCHING YOU .HA HA
    thank you for adding me on your friends list, then I knocked you for a loop at sarthe and we both laughed .

thank you and happy happy birthday,dude:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::gtpflag:

STEAMER62, Lessen, Engmatic1 and 3 others like this.
  2. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

Wow. How cool was that to be battling for stage time with Rush back in the day. Concert was excellent, per usual.

Happy 60th Mike...are you still jammin?

STEAMER62, pubason, Raw10_2u and 2 others like this.
  3. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

happy birthday to that old fart.

4. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Happy birthday Mike! It seemed like you were faster than ever last night.

And here's some pics for banners:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Seems to me they are charging way too much just for the wheel itself and then have to spend another $60 to get the paddle shifter, mine as well get the T500 instead of having to spend extra with the Logitech.

jnmjeeper, chatva and DesertPenguin09 like this.
  6. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Happy belated Birthday @Mike Lobban Have fun on your birthday.:cheers:

7. pubason

pubason

anybody that builds AND flies airplanes is pretty awesome in my book, that goes for you too aerolite, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE

cliffE

STEAMER62, aerolite and Engmatic1 like this.
  8. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Yea, knowing what Logitech has planned, I'd say that confirmed my choice to get the Thrustmaster stuff. Logitech didn't upgrade it's internals so that's a big no no.

Is it better to order through Amazon or Thrustmaster's site?

jnmjeeper likes this.
  9. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

10. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

It's not the racing that's garbage it's the new NASCAR that's garbage!

Raw10_2u likes this.
  11. pubason

pubason

12. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Oh crap only 4 left now! Damn you puba!

13. llNovall

llNovall

Practice room open in club lobby.

14. pubason

pubason

Sorry Dp I just could not resist ,thought it was better than a fishslap .HAha :cheers::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cheers::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DesertPenguin09 likes this.
  15. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

Wow, just looked at Logitech's website to find an enormous price tag for the G29 wheel and shifter set. $399 and $59. At $458, I have to admit I'm disappointed. I got excited to see the new G29 coming out, and expected to purchase one to continue my online racing. But the sticker shock has me baffled. That's pretty close to T-300 money. Well, here's hoping the Logitech price is suggested retail, and other vendors like Amazon price it more affordable. :(:confused::(

16. aerolite

aerolite

Would you still call it awesome if you knew his plane was pink and purple!! We do know @Die_Birdy_Die will absolutely love it though,lol.

Seeing as it's his birthday, and a slow Friday, I'll post a few pics.

Here's Mike in his usual position, while I installed a set of floats for him.

100_0418.JPG

His pink and purple Spidy man flyer.

100_0425.JPG

He finally saw the light and recovered the plane in the back of my shop. BTW, he is slightly younger than 60 here!

100_4615.JPG

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  17. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

And here I pictured a slightly bald man with snow white hair over his ears, long white beard, a walker with tennis balls on the feet, and his laminated AARP card hanging from a long string around his neck. :lol:

In all seriousness, it's always fun to put a face to the voice. What a good lookin' dude, right?

Raw10_2u, Mike Lobban, chatva and 3 others like this.
  18. pubason

pubason

it is hard to diminish the second greatest thrill of flight except by maybe the greatest thrill of Landing:lol::lol::lol:

cliffE

Raw10_2u likes this.
  19. Falango

Falango

Really disappointed in the G29. I'll stick to my G27 til it dies, and may invest in a T500 later on when I get a PS4, we'll see. Selling the shifter separate is a stupid idea too. :(

nmcp1 and pubason like this.
  20. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

HELP WANTED

SNAIL Racing would like to announce a new vacant position in the capacity of Color & Number Chart Coordinator. This is an entry level position with excellent benefits, with the possibility for advancement. Salary is a flat fee.

Required Qualifications:
    • Time available to update the required Google Doc on a monthly basis
    • A heartbeat

Preferred Qualifications:
    • Experience with Google Docs
    • Time available to update the required Google Doc on a weekly basis

Application Process:
    • Send a private message to 'CoachMK21' to express interest in the opening with a general outline of your experience.

21. SGETI

SGETI

If you are on the fence about buying one, here is a sale for today only at frys.com . You need a promo code, all you do is sign up at their web site and a code is sent to you. One last thing, FREE SHIPPING!

thrustmaster.jpg

chatva, brntguy, Lessen and 1 other person like this.
  22. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

That would have been the deal for me, but that promo code does not work.

23. SGETI

SGETI

To get a promo code, go to their site and sign up as a customer. Within a few minutes they send you a welcome package with today's promo code.
    They had this on their daily deals couple weeks ago for only $199.00.

jnmjeeper and TomMang_68 like this.
  24. Mike Lobban

Mike Lobban

I remember how friggn hot it was that day. The next day was even more interesting when the first float flight took place. I misunderstood my instructors words on approach speeds with the floats on. Kept coming in hot and bouncing back into the air. After about three trys to land, I said to hell with it and approached at what I thought was a proper speed and greased the landing. My instructor just shook his head when I told him what speed I was trying to set down and Busby,(Aerolight), was killing himself laughing at me. Called me a wanker.
    I don't get to fly very often anymore, but the memories of the fun we had with these UL's will stay forever. I sold it after it tried to kill me the fourth time. Two stroke engines suck. Two weeks after I sold it ,the plane was written off by a tornado that swung through my home airport. Remember that Steve? A very sad day after spending almost two years rebuilding with Steves help. It had one hour of flight time on the clock when Tommy tornado took my(well, not mine anymore) toy away.

Thanks to all for the BD wishes. I can now join the Geezer league.

25. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

Thanks for the tip, I signed up for email deals. If I ever see a T300 for $199, I'll buy 2! I tried again after the email came to me, but that promo code still says "not a valid promo code." Sometimes these things are for the best, I don't really need a T300 today. I just love deal shopping!

GTP_Nobby likes this.
  26. Evolvo

Evolvo

I'm new to league racing and was wondering what view do most people use to race. I use the view where you can't see any part of the car, just the meters.

27. GTP_Nobby

GTP_Nobby

@Mike Lobban
    Happy Birthday Mr. Slow-ban! (gonna hafta thank singlepaddy for that one!) You are one of those rare individuals who, with humor (or a bump in a quarter panel), make someone's day brighter. If we only pick on the people we like, you are by far, a most loved SNAIL!
    :cheers:

28. GTP_Nobby

GTP_Nobby

'bout time, slacker!!
    :lol:
    Crud, sorry for the double...

Raw10_2u likes this.
  29. aerolite

aerolite

That's called bumper cam, probably the most popular view.

Raw10_2u likes this.
  30. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

I use the bumper cam, i always have since playing the first GT.

Raw10_2u likes this.