◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
I'm not sure if it's the close racing that's causing Mikes' palpitations or the thoughts of people using one of these:

PS4Controller-Red_zpscctai0fy.jpg

Edit: Ooops! Didn't realise it was a TOPP so not to be a complete waste I'll add a bit to it.

Following on from Singlepaddy's 52nd birthday last week, it's my 54th tomorrow so I indulged myself with a little present.

IMG_2775_zpsyqe1ckrx.jpg

It's a 2002 Renaultsport Clio 172 and a proper pocket rocket it is too. Compared to the BMW 535d I normally drive it's quite a nervous little package and plenty of fun around the local backroads. Over the last number of years I've gotten very used to riding waves of torque from diesel engines so it's taking me a bit of time to get back to playing with the gearbox a bit more to keep the engine singing in the upper rev range but it's putting a smile on my face while I do.

IMG_2776_zpsfcwp30nx.jpg

Today, I booked in for a Mondello Park trackday which is coming up on the 24th of July so that will give me a chance to sort out a few issues that may be expected with a car of this age. Number 1 on the list is a front brake upgrade and I've just ordered a few tasty bits and pieces to do the job.

For those of you unfamiliar with Mondello Park, here's some rare old footage of a reasonably well known driver who showed his potential there as a young 21 year old!

Last edited:
Sexy Camaro's. Can't wait to own a 67-69 or maybe even a split bumper one day. But spying Fords in the back ground ruins it for me!

Yeah we've been a Chevy family for as long as I can remember but my dad bought a Rustang about a month ago despite me trying to change his mind. I hope he'll be tired of it by the end of the summer and put a brick on the gas pedal and drive it into a lake.

With all us old guys having birthdays maybe we should join this league!!!

View attachment 392249

READ THE LIST BELOW TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY

View attachment 392272

Ok,@singlepaddy,I only have 2,,,,,,,,,that I haven't done!Paid off the mortgage(I can't wait though!) Or signed my name with a fountain pen!I have done the rest,I especially liked emulating the craziest Damn stuntman ever,,,,Evil Knievel on my Stingray(Mine was Plum Crazy! :) )

Ok,@singlepaddy,I only have 2,,,,,,,,,that I haven't done!Paid off the mortgage(I can't wait though!) Or signed my name with a fountain pen!I have done the rest,I especially liked emulating the craziest Damn stuntman ever,,,,Evil Knievel on my Stingray(Mine was Plum Crazy! :) )
Dido and what about sticking a matchbook under the channel knob to maintain reception?

I've even opened the back of the set and taken the Tubes to the 5 & 10 store to test em! then hit the fountain counter for a root beer float, I'm surely an "old fart"

Last edited:
Back