Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Mike Lobban

Mike Lobban

Hey bro.

Raw10_2u likes this.
  2. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Yea, @GGGMotorsport and @Zii1993 have two series that just started. One on Tuesday and one on Saturday.

Raw10_2u likes this.
  3. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The Tuesday series has already been put on hold due to online instability and other issues, you'd have to ask Grim about the specifics, and the Saturday series has been pushed back at least a week while trying to get more drivers.

I like what ProjectCars has done but I have yet to play the game online because of all the issues that are out there. I am working through the career mode slowly but surely and I will continue to use GT6 for my online racing.

4. Lessen

Lessen

I'm in the same boat. I LOVE the game. Navigation is a bit weird sometimes and sometimes you have to finagle the game (ex. button mapping), but gameplay is phenomenal. Very immersive IMO. @GGGMotorsport has begun a SNAIL series on Tuesdays but has unfortunately had to suspend it due to network problems and glitches. I've not had a problem when there are only a small handful in a room, but everytime we've attempted a race night with nearly a dozen people we run into problems. It's frustrating because i had really high hopes that network issues would be less than what I've been experiencing in GT6 the last few months (the main reason I don't race on Sundays anymore).

5. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

That's a shame that there are online issues with PCars. I hope it gets worked out.

6. Unknown_Male

Unknown_Male

Hello, I would like to join SNAIL. Just send me the instructions and I'll get to work

Raw10_2u, CoachMK21 and zer05ive like this.
  7. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

@nmcp1

nmcp1 likes this.
  8. Falango

Falango

There are issues, and then there are missing features. I've only tried online once, and noticed several things that it needs, at least to be on par with the GT online experience. keep in mind, this is PC too, so some of these should be easier to accomplish.

- VOIP, there is none......... On PC though, there are 3rd party options, so not a big deal.
    - Several settings can't be changed after the room is opened, like # of AI drivers to fill the race. You set a max # of human opponents, and then the rest of the field is filled with AI. The AI can not fill in for any unfilled human opponent slots. Also can't adjust AI difficulty.
    - In text chat, there's a character limit too. Really annoying.

DesertPenguin09 likes this.
  9. aLmk

aLmk

Are you on ps4 or of? I just recently bought it on pc as well as assetto corsa

10. NoSkill2Kill

NoSkill2Kill

PS4

11. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Unknown_Male

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

zer05ive and Raw10_2u like this.
  12. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The driver's list is updated and ready to go for tonight's racing. Good luck to everyone.

13. Lessen

Lessen

So, one thing I've always felt the need to do but have never taken the time to is to learn the the Nordschliefe. Since that "other game" has it in full as well as 3 seperate sectors I thought it a good way to learn the track. While watching my replay I noticed something rather familiar (considering I don't know the track very well). Is this THE TURN?

Raw10_2u likes this.
  14. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Flugplatz?

Raw10_2u likes this.
  15. NoSkill2Kill

NoSkill2Kill

Where Jenn flew right straight? Yes it is.

Raw10_2u likes this.
  16. Deal24

Deal24

I'll be on the PC side of Pcars one I head to college this fall.

17. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

@RobbiefromBC congrats bro!!!!
    Keep up the good work maybe post a few pictures in the thread :)

18. NoSkill2Kill

NoSkill2Kill

I have a complaint about PCars tho. I downloaded the free liveries, the free car and the $1,30 car pack with the DTM merc and it's all GONE! No idea where that stuff went! Spent hours running the whole playstation up and down and those DLC are nowhere to be found! Anybody else experienced this? I read a lot of people complaining about this very issue in GTP.

19. FlipJ

FlipJ

For anyone that followed F1 in the 80's like I did, this video is just amazing. The cars, the drivers, my childhood just flashed before my eyes. Amazing.
    Also, couldn't be happier that F1 finally took its head out of its ass and started putting stuff like this out. About F time.

@STEAMER62, our correspondent in today's race, how was it? Did you get to watch these guys taking the cars around?

20. jobyone

jobyone Premium

21. Lessen

Lessen

That's what I thought, thanks.

Hmmm. I've not had that issue.. Are they downloaded, but not installed?

22. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

zer05ive, CoachMK21 and nmcp1 like this.
  23. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

D1 data is complete. Kinda late, I know. :guilty:

24. Falango

Falango

Better late than never!

Raw10_2u likes this.
  25. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

The current Combo Time Trials have been updated.

TT1-2015-06-21.PNG
    TT2-2015-06-21.PNG
    TT3-2015-06-21.PNG

Click the banner at the top to see all recorded Time Trial rankings. Tabs for each are at the bottom.

zer05ive and Raw10_2u like this.
  26. MajorBlixem

MajorBlixem

D3 Duty Roster assigned for tonight.

Lock N Load

CoachMK21 likes this.
  27. NoSkill2Kill

NoSkill2Kill

Noo, it says "installed" but then i run every single corner of the game and there's nothing there!

Raw10_2u likes this.
  28. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

D4 good to go unless no one will do replays then we,re up the creek without a paddle

Raw10_2u likes this.
  29. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

D5 ready to go, about to open a room.

Raw10_2u likes this.
  30. Lessen

Lessen

Yeah, I think I recall reading this issue somewhere as well. I wish I had more help for ya but I do not. I'm pretty sure I have all the cars I'm supposed to have from all the packs I have. Maybe I should double check... hmmmm