◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,755 comments
There's at least a road going version and a race version which are slightly tamer but still in the quadruple digits in terms of horsepower. That's just unnecessary. These things are pointless, even from a "future technologies" standpoint.

I liked the idea of the VGT program, and though that some of the cars started to get a bit unrealistic in terms of what would be production worthy, since that's what all the cars in this game are about. Then cars like the Chaparral came along, and this.......

This sure doesn't seem like "The Real Driving Simulator" anymore. I'm seeing more F Zero like cars now....

I liked the idea as well, but these things don't give me any pleasure to drive, which is the point, at least for me.
I rather drive the 300 SL or the P4 any day, even if they don't turn sub-4 minute 'Ring laps...

There's at least a road going version and a race version which are slightly tamer but still in the quadruple digits in terms of horsepower. That's just unnecessary. These things are pointless, even from a "future technologies" standpoint.
The S isn't tame enough for you. Barely in the 4 digits but still radical yet game for me on my DS3

When a car can go from 660kmh to zero in under 150 metres, (I checked, it can...) I too start to question PD's priority list... Real driving simulator, or arcade game?
You got to remember that the Vision Gran Turismo project has nothing with PD and GT but everything to do with the manufactures creating the car the specs etc. So talk to the makers of the cars first

You got to remember that the Vision Gran Turismo project has nothing with PD and GT but everything to do with the manufactures creating the car the specs etc. So talk to the makers of the cars first

The cars are made for the game, and PD puts them in GT, so I'm sure they have some say. I blame the X1 (X2010). If it weren't for that car, I doubt we'd be seeing these extreme virtual machines that defy the laws of physics.

The cars are made for the game, and PD puts them in GT, so I'm sure they have some say. I blame the X1 (X2010). If it weren't for that car, I doubt we'd be seeing these extreme virtual machines that defy the laws of physics.
Some but I still don't think enough to say "Hey you can't make that car because it doesn't go with the laws of physics."

Some but I still don't think enough to say "Hey you can't make that car because it doesn't go with the laws of physics."
If they didn't have 'The Real Driving Simulator' on the front cover, I'd be okay with them putting futuristic and bizzare cars that defy the laws of physics in the game.

Well I'd think it was PD that approached the manufacturers and said hey, wanna make some cool virtual cars? PD had to be the one that gave them the goal of the project, and it was a goal that just doesn't match the Gran Turismo style. The manufacturers, if they had treated it like designing a concept car, would have followed the lead of the vision they were given.

If they didn't have 'The Real Driving Simulator' on the front cover, I'd be okay with them putting futuristic and bizzare cars that defy the laws of physics in the game.

Same here, and before release, they had talked about building the new suspension with KW suspension guidance, and they still want to call it a simulator, but show me another race simulator that has outlandish cars like this, that have well over 1000hp, go 500mph, and would not work in the real world. GT7 needs to take a very hard turn, and go back to the roots. The quality is being lost and they are not even close to the front of the pack anymore.

My brothers and sisters. It is with heavy heart that I must make this post. Due to personal issues, I must retire from the League. I am in the very beginning of a very difficult journey. My world has been in turmoil for a very long time and it is time to get my affairs in order.

This group has been a saving grace and a sanctuary for me for quite some time and I would not have made it this far without all of you. I have been involved with the Internet of Things since the beginning of time and have never come across an entity such as this. Yea, we argue and debate but the level of kindness, dignity and respect with this crew is unrivaled in all corners of the online universe.

It really breaks my heart that I have to go for awhile. After 3+ years with the League, you all have become family. I am really going to miss my Sunday nights with you all. Hopefully, I can get my manure and ducks in the same in the same kart soonerer than laterer and rejoin one of the most amazing and fun activities I have ever had.

I will return at some point and that alone will motivate me to get things in order faster than they would without you all. Be kind to one another and keep the SNAIL faith!!

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race SNAIL!

My brothers and sisters. It is with heavy heart that I must make this post. Due to personal issues, I must retire from the League. I am in the very beginning of a very difficult journey. My world has been in turmoil for a very long time and it is time to get my affairs in order.

This group has been a saving grace and a sanctuary for me for quite some time and I would not have made it this far without all of you. I have been involved with the Internet of Things since the beginning of time and have never come across an entity such as this. Yea, we argue and debate but the level of kindness, dignity and respect with this crew is unrivaled in all corners of the online universe.

It really breaks my heart that I have to go for awhile. After 3+ years with the League, you all have become family. I am really going to miss my Sunday nights with you all. Hopefully, I can get my manure and ducks in the same in the same kart soonerer than laterer and rejoin one of the most amazing and fun activities I have ever had.

I will return at some point and that alone will motivate me to get things in order faster than they would without you all. Be kind to one another and keep the SNAIL faith!!

It was always a pleasure racing with you Exo.... Good luck on your journey, I hope you find whatever it is you seek. :cheers:

Exo,

I hope things work out for you. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

For those of you who haven't tried the SRT Tomahawk X VGT, you're in for a rude surprise...

After trying for more than one hour, i tried using my steering wheel but was too hard, so i used the DS3 controller. My final time was 4:41.927.

Driving line On.
ABS was set to 1.
Traction Control set to 1.
Controller Steering Sensitivity set to 7.
Force Feedback Max. Torque set to 6.
Force Feedback sensitivity set to 8.

I used the analog stick for steering, X for Acceleration, Square for Braking.
One hell of a challenge.

Exo, you will be missed all from the Snail Community and missed on the track as well. Hope the best for you and wish you all the good luck as well. Was always a blast racing against you on the track. :cheers:

I cannot like this post Exo.

Your request for retirement is denied. Resubmit in 90 days for final disapproval.

If you want to shoot the 🤬 you know how to reach me.

When you reached your destination remember Snail will be there to welcome you back
long-winding-road.jpg

I know this is a double post but the previous one was especially for Exo.

I've noticed a new icon in the tray on my PC this morning... it says "Get Windows 10"

Anyone had the same or had the courage to click it?

I've noticed a new icon in the tray on my PC this morning... it says "Get Windows 10"

I kinda looked into it and as far as I know the upgrade to windows 10 is a free one and if you click it you reserve your copy of 10. But that was with a skim through it so might want to dig some more

Yes. So far as I know whomever has Win 7 will be offered a free upgrade to Win 10. It won't be available for install until late July.

I tried for wayyy too long last night to do a lap in the Tomahawk X and failed. I could be ahead of Robbie... but I'd always crash (usually before the end of sector 1). I only got to the Karussell twice. The biggest problem is that its almost harder to drive "slow" than on the limit... but if you make a minor mistake either way you're done. Going fast the timing is extremely difficult. Going "slow" the car is extremely inconsistent.

I gave up. I'll try again later...

the car is extremely inconsistent.

I think this is my main gripe with the whole family of "cars".
There's no reason to bend the rules of physics to make a 2500 bhp car and not bend them further to make sure the bloody thing can corner properly.

I did, however, take the time to do this to its brother:

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow.jpg

So I guess I'm even with the Tomahawk family...

Yes... it reserves a free download of Windows 10 when it is released July 10th. If you don't get the DL, you will have to pay for the upgrade. I work in IT and it is legit.

Exo, I've often said that you were the "voice" of SNAIL, so it's sad to hear this news. That being said, I'm glad to see that you're determined get your personal life in order as that should always be priority number one. You know you always have a home here when time allows for your return. In the meantime, PM me your shipping address when you get a chance. I've got something to send you that'll help serve as a reminder of your Sunday night sanctuary. :)

Back