◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
LOL @FlipJ

I have my wheel clamped to a short crafting table on a small rug. I put 2 - 25lb. dumbbells on top to keep the table stable. My "seat" is a bean bag chair atop a futon...now if thats not the most jerry rigged set up, i dont know what is...word on the street is if i had a "real" rig and a t300 i could cut about .5 sec a lap..to me, not worth it...

That is brilliant.
My table isn't terribly stable (it's by the local IKEA copycat store, with comparable sturdiness), but I consider that to be a function of the G forces at play during hard breaking and/or cornering. All part of the immersion thing.

I swear I would get shanked during the night if I made one that looked like some of these things.
The woman is not happy with the current setup existing, but it survives because the colour of the table matches the flooring and other furniture (women...).
A metal one with wire everywhere and three screens would be my doom.

Here's an interesting COMBO

images

Last edited:
I am in the planning stages of my new rig right now. Mine will be a highly modified ricmotech type of rig to use with racing and flying. There are so many styles and rigs out there, it's hard to pick one. Just Google DIY sim racing setups and pick one that will work for you without all the weights and crappola hanging off. Luckily I am pretty good with my hands, being single and all, that I have no problem designing and building myself. I wonder how Aero is getting on with his new rig I've been hearing about forever?

Like my bike? This is it's last year being bright white. Gonna paint it this winter hopefully with Steve's (Aeroliteflight) help. I have no idea of what to do with it, I just know it won't be GT 005 flourecent yellow. Maybe purple and pink like my old Ultralight airplane. Ahhhhh, no.

I have a question for all wheel users that don't have a dedicated wheel stand made for the job. What do you use to mount your wheel? I've made a setup using a wood night-stand with the drawer frame cut out and extra wood screwed around connecting the legs to prevent movement.

The issue I have is that it needs to be on a rug or it slides on my hardwood floor. Does anyone else have a similar situation and/or solutions?
I used to use the keyboard tray of my desk... slightly reinforced with leftover guitar string to bind the rails to the tray more tightly. And a 2nd row bench seat from the family Dodge Caravan lol. This was what it looked like when I wasn't racing. I had carpet so the pedals weren't an issue.
D7lJE.jpg

Also I tried this one year for GT Academy, so I could use my parents' TV. It's a WalMart "end table" and a beach chair. Using the pedals was interesting. From what I remember I had to stop every few minutes to slide them back closer so not sure what the easiest fix would be.
R7GEAM2.jpg

Here's an interesting COMBO

images

Yea sorry super busy day. Trying to secretly putting my Dad's Harley back together before his birthday on the 8th, combined with pool and yard prep for my party this Saturday. (complete with a new solar cover on my inground pool!).

Cooking some dinner right now, then I'll set my make shift rig up (maybe a picture) and make an open testing room with suggestions being taken.

Last edited:
I am in the planning stages of my new rig right now. Mine will be a highly modified ricmotech type of rig to use with racing and flying. There are so many styles and rigs out there, it's hard to pick one. Just Google DIY sim racing setups and pick one that will work for you without all the weights and crappola hanging off. Luckily I am pretty good with my hands, being single and all, that I have no problem designing and building myself. I wonder how Aero is getting on with his new rig I've been hearing about forever?

Like my bike? This is it's last year being bright white. Gonna paint it this winter hopefully with Steve's (Aeroliteflight) help. I have no idea of what to do with it, I just know it won't be GT 005 flourecent yellow. Maybe purple and pink like my old Ultralight airplane. Ahhhhh, no.
Classic Honda Red/Wht/Blue baby ;)

web-bikeleft.jpg

This post was written in 3B, three beers and it still doesn't make sense!
Because i, in my teen years looked to Bob and Doug McKenzie for guidence, I am fluent in Canadian.
So, to all SNAILs in the Great White North...
Happy Canada Day!!!
Beauty, eh? now...who horked my clothes?

Because i, in my teen years looked to Bob and Doug McKenzie for guidence, I am fluent in Canadian.
Happy Canada Day!!!
I have no idea what you're talking a-boot... Not enough 'eh's

Happy Canada Day!!!

I love Strange Brew. I watched SO many times when I was a kid. I found it at my Mom's a couple years ago and rewatched it. Wow, it was pretty low budget, but when you're a kid back then, it was awesome. Take off eh, you hoser!

I have a question for all wheel users that don't have a dedicated wheel stand made for the job. What do you use to mount your wheel? I've made a setup using a wood night-stand with the drawer frame cut out and extra wood screwed around connecting the legs to prevent movement.

The issue I have is that it needs to be on a rug or it slides on my hardwood floor. Does anyone else have a similar situation and/or solutions?

I have mine attacked to a wooden tray table one would use in front of him or herself while sitting on the couch, watching TV and eating. Now, I can only use that because while racing I have the tray table pressed up against a wooden that has my TV and computer on top. I have my legs on the inside of the tray table posts and use my legs to stop side to side movement. This way there is barely any front to back movement and little side to side movement.

I was blessed to have the World's Best Crew Chief. She bought a Grandstand rig for me a while back. Best thing for a setup. Check it out and save your pennies for a while.
Better than a DIY Ricmotech? I've read it costs about $100 for parts, not including a car seat. I don't even know where to look for one of those.

CoachMK21: 10822456
I love Strange Brew. I watched SO many times when I was a kid. I found it at my Mom's a couple years ago and rewatched it. Wow, it was pretty low budget, but when you're a kid back then, it was awesome. Take off eh, you hoser!
@CoachMK21
Me too, Mark! I even named my dog Hosehead!
You take off, you knob!...oh wait...that would be me...STEAMROLLER!
Sore-ee, eh? I really, really like that movie!

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Rednose. Now I can avoid the dreaded fishslap!
Here is a pic of my cutting edge, state of the art SIM rig...see description below for highlights...
20150701_214018.jpg

ok, note the high visibilty orange (for safety) strap, in a Spanish Windlass configuration, to prevent performance robbing spread. Next the high tech tilt angle controlling footwear. See the carboard wedge spacer with the clamp? That is for enhanced stability. Next, the kitchen chair racing seat. That increases alertness (read: uncomfortable) during endurance events. Then the wooden slat "stabilizer" to prevent the dreaded "pedal creep". All on a technologically advanced closed cell foam for superior grip! I could go into the laminate tray table to which the wheel is afixed, but racers have their secrets...

Thanks Mr. Rednose. Now I can avoid the dreaded fishslap!
Here is a pic of my cutting edge, state of the art SIM rig...see description below for highlights...
View attachment 402102
ok, note the high visibilty orange (for safety) strap, in a Spanish Windlass configuration, to prevent performance robbing spread. Next the high tech tilt angle controlling footwear. See the carboard wedge spacer with the clamp? That is for enhanced stability. Next, the kitchen chair racing seat. That increases alertness (read: uncomfortable) during endurance events. Then the wooden slat "stabilizer" to prevent the dreaded "pedal creep". All on a technologically advanced closed cell foam for superior grip! I could go into the laminate tray table to which the wheel is afixed, but racers have their secrets...

Oh Hell,That is some Jury rigging like I have done.Ingenious Mr Nobby!I love the addition of the Sneakers to the T.V. Table,,,,and the windlass........ROFLMAO! yOU GO MAN!

Prize A Selection

Tommykaira ZZII '00
@
Apricot Hill Raceway (Forward)

(Pre-oil spec) PP572/HP542
(Post-oil spec)PP579/HP570
Racing Hard Tires
Mid Div Lap Times: 1:19.000
Weight : 1000kg

Prize C Selection

Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08

477pp/319hp before
484pp/336hp after
Sports Medium Tires
1120kg
Mid Division Lap Times: 1:42

Not the Clio y'all wanted, but ff for you nonetheless.

This is ABSOLUTELY terrible news. There is no way I can race this weekend (out of town) and I love both these cars! Great picks by both of you.

Back