Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Yes yes, that's all good and fun but how were the new combos? Easy to manage cars to facilitate closer racing?

2. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

Of course its all a matter of opinion but I quite like the VW @ the Nurb. That combo is more suited for close racing than the others IMHO. The Camaro at RBR is awesome, but be careful of the green slime. The ZZII at Apricot hill is fun too but could be a handful. It's very fast but hard to slow for some of the tighter corners, so break early.

3. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

The ZZII is hard to slow down? It's 1000kg and we're using Racing Hard tires. And it has 4WD. Really?

4. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

It's like the car is experiencing brake fade all the time, or the folks at the manufacturing plant didn't bleed the brakes... Lots of trail braking helps quite a bit in this thing.

5. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Good to know. I'll have a practice room up tomorrow afternoon EST

6. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Technical Director Ruling:

Only the Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08 may be used for this week's racing. It is not identical to the Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagen Motorsport) '08.

Use of the incorrect car will result in disqualification from the race.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  7. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

@nmcp1 will get you sorted out. You can also go back a page - EvoSpec asked the same question and I think the info is there.

Some nice pics from a young pro photographer at LeMans (courtesy of Jalopnik): http://www.camden-thrasher.com/blog/?p=5334

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Engmatic1, Raw10_2u, TEX36 and 2 others like this.
  8. Matthew Barry

Matthew Barry

my name is Matthew Barry. SNAIL sent me a message on PSN asking me to join him. I was wondering if this is how you can get accepted

9. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Matthew Barry

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  10. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Murilo

If you are an inactive member of SNAIL (if you're not on this list and have raced with us previously, you are inactive) and wish to return to active status, you will need to start a GTPlanet conversation with @JLBowler and he will provide you with further instructions. This message must be sent and any time trial that may need to be done before 23:59 ET on Saturday night if you wish to race on Sunday.

Raw10_2u and Murilo like this.
  11. Matthew Barry

Matthew Barry

ok. thank you for your help

12. Murilo

Murilo

Just did. ThanksThanks

Raw10_2u and nmcp1 like this.
  13. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

If you got the spare duckies, i suggest getting Corals movie editting software. Far more affordable than Adobes monthly based service fee they charge ($60 as opposes to $20 a month) and offers pretty much all the same functionality. Windows movie maker is good for little projects and is free, butid you actually start to get into movie editting, you will grow out of it faster than a one year old grows out of yesterdays cloths. It lacks in features.

Raw10_2u likes this.
  14. Mike Lobban

Mike Lobban

Jeez, I'm gonna post, just because. Slow day.

15. Raw10_2u

Raw10_2u

@Falango Pics for banners!
    Apricot Hill Raceway_5.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_4.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_9.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_32.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_29.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_7.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_6.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_31.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_8.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_33.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_30.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_34.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

16. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

I too have some banner pics for ya @Falango, the last two are just artsy-fartsy stuff... not sure they're great banner material.

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg Nürburgring GP_D.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_1.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_2.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_3.jpg

Raw10_2u, zer05ive and WIDEeyedDRIVR like this.
  17. brntguy

brntguy

Chatva, I use Sony Vegas movie studio hd 11
    Less than 40 bucks, you don't need a beast of a pc to use and it does pretty decent stuff, more than good enough for youtube. I just whipped this up with it last nite.

18. nmcp1

nmcp1

"Just whipped this up"..... !!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

chatva, Raw10_2u, zer05ive and 2 others like this.
  19. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

At a wedding. Will be home but not till much later like in 3 hours

20. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

Congratulations :sly:

21. chatva

chatva (Banned)

that's some Talent you got there!;)

Engmatic1, Raw10_2u, TEX36 and 4 others like this.
  22. WIDEeyedDRIVR

WIDEeyedDRIVR

Dose anyone know orangemango's room number

23. STEAMER62

STEAMER62

sorry @WIDEeyedDRIVR , pls send me a FR on PSN
    :cheers:

WIDEeyedDRIVR likes this.
  24. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Well that was fun

25. DCschwinn

DCschwinn

Are you having a conversation with yourself?? :lol: Have not seen someone answer or reply to their own quote? Good stuff!! :cheers: Glad you had fun!!! :tup:

STEAMER62 and TomMang_68 like this.
  26. Evolvo

Evolvo

GT saved me once as well. I was entering an on ramp in the rain and car started to spin out and I corrected it like a champion. Had I not been playing the game I would have hit the wall. It was so automatic a movement. I was like holy s how'd I do that. Lol

Anyone else have any cool car crash saves from playing GT.

GTP_Nobby, Lessen and Raw10_2u like this.
  27. Raw10_2u

Raw10_2u

RobbiefromBC, STEAMER62 and Engmatic1 like this.
  28. Lessen

Lessen

A few actually. The first one was a rain slick downhill onramp like you dealt with. That was the first time I ever had to countersteer to regain the nose of a real car. That was my '03 Si. The second also an onramp but a much longer turn with banking. That one was the most "fun" as the car couldn't decide if it wanted to be tight or loose. It started to push, I'd counter, the nose would regain and the rear wanted to come about. It did that like twice from what I recall. That was my current '05 Si FHP (Factory Honda Performance kit). The final (and reason I grew up and don't push it on the street anymore). It wasn't because of what happened, but would could have happened. There's a bit of a kink on a local road with a railroad crossing. It's fun, but blind. Everything was smooth until the crest (this is the second portion of the kink, left turn) The rear of the car lost traction and I found myself heading across the lane. I distinctly remember my thought process and actions... Countersteering, *still pushing, too much counter, if it graps I'll be in the other ditch, must straighten wheel slightly", Corrected correction. Front end regained and I drove away. The next morning on my way to work (driving the opposite direction) I saw the skid mark my left front put on the white line to the outside of my current lane. That was enough for me.

Thank goodness for GT. That was all before any online competitive sim racing. Even before REALLY learning how to be faster I'd already unintentionally learned the basics of car control. My kids will not drive without car control classes.

29. STEAMER62

STEAMER62

indeed @DCschwinn

[​IMG]

:cheers:

Raw10_2u and USERID_77a23 like this.
  30. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Happy independence day.jpg Happy independence day 2.jpg happy_4th.jpg

Have a Happy 4th of July on this Independence day.