◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Of course its all a matter of opinion but I quite like the VW @ the Nurb. That combo is more suited for close racing than the others IMHO. The Camaro at RBR is awesome, but be careful of the green slime. The ZZII at Apricot hill is fun too but could be a handful. It's very fast but hard to slow for some of the tighter corners, so break early.

Technical Director Ruling:

Only the Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08 may be used for this week's racing. It is not identical to the Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagen Motorsport) '08.

Use of the incorrect car will result in disqualification from the race.

Last edited:
@JLBowler I have made some races last year, but I am out for a while.

I am tempt to come back, do I have time to race this weekend?

@nmcp1 will get you sorted out. You can also go back a page - EvoSpec asked the same question and I think the info is there.

Some nice pics from a young pro photographer at LeMans (courtesy of Jalopnik): http://www.camden-thrasher.com/blog/?p=5334

Last edited:
my name is Matthew Barry. SNAIL sent me a message on PSN asking me to join him. I was wondering if this is how you can get accepted

@Matthew Barry

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @Dragonwhisky, @JLBowler, @nmcp1 & @zer05ive as participants. The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

@JLBowler I have made some races last year, but I am out for a while.

I am tempt to come back, do I have time to race this weekend?

@Murilo

If you are an inactive member of SNAIL (if you're not on this list and have raced with us previously, you are inactive) and wish to return to active status, you will need to start a GTPlanet conversation with @JLBowler and he will provide you with further instructions. This message must be sent and any time trial that may need to be done before 23:59 ET on Saturday night if you wish to race on Sunday.

@Murilo

If you are an inactive member of SNAIL (if you're not on this list and have raced with us previously, you are inactive) and wish to return to active status, you will need to start a GTPlanet conversation with @JLBowler and he will provide you with further instructions. This message must be sent and any time trial that may need to be done before 23:59 ET on Saturday night if you wish to race on Sunday.

Just did. ThanksThanks

the music was nice!
Dude, how do you add it? I'm using the HD capture.
ps: awesome work!
If you got the spare duckies, i suggest getting Corals movie editting software. Far more affordable than Adobes monthly based service fee they charge ($60 as opposes to $20 a month) and offers pretty much all the same functionality. Windows movie maker is good for little projects and is free, butid you actually start to get into movie editting, you will grow out of it faster than a one year old grows out of yesterdays cloths. It lacks in features.

@Falango Pics for banners!
Apricot Hill Raceway_5.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_4.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_9.jpg
Nürburgring GP_D_32.jpg
Nürburgring GP_D_29.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_7.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_6.jpg
Nürburgring GP_D_31.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_8.jpg
Nürburgring GP_D_33.jpg
Nürburgring GP_D_30.jpg
Nürburgring GP_D_34.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Yesterday I got hit on the right side of my 96' grand cherokee by a 04' Honda CRV,

Fortunately nobody got hurt and material damages are minimum. I only end up in a 180 spin, I think my SNAIL hands prevented me from rolling over.

GT saved me once as well. I was entering an on ramp in the rain and car started to spin out and I corrected it like a champion. Had I not been playing the game I would have hit the wall. It was so automatic a movement. I was like holy s how'd I do that. Lol

Anyone else have any cool car crash saves from playing GT.

Anyone else have any cool car crash saves from playing GT.

A few actually. The first one was a rain slick downhill onramp like you dealt with. That was the first time I ever had to countersteer to regain the nose of a real car. That was my '03 Si. The second also an onramp but a much longer turn with banking. That one was the most "fun" as the car couldn't decide if it wanted to be tight or loose. It started to push, I'd counter, the nose would regain and the rear wanted to come about. It did that like twice from what I recall. That was my current '05 Si FHP (Factory Honda Performance kit). The final (and reason I grew up and don't push it on the street anymore). It wasn't because of what happened, but would could have happened. There's a bit of a kink on a local road with a railroad crossing. It's fun, but blind. Everything was smooth until the crest (this is the second portion of the kink, left turn) The rear of the car lost traction and I found myself heading across the lane. I distinctly remember my thought process and actions... Countersteering, *still pushing, too much counter, if it graps I'll be in the other ditch, must straighten wheel slightly", Corrected correction. Front end regained and I drove away. The next morning on my way to work (driving the opposite direction) I saw the skid mark my left front put on the white line to the outside of my current lane. That was enough for me.

Thank goodness for GT. That was all before any online competitive sim racing. Even before REALLY learning how to be faster I'd already unintentionally learned the basics of car control. My kids will not drive without car control classes.

Back