◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
What years are you thinking of? The last gen 2008-2014 STi is made in wagon form. They were all 6 speed. I can't vouch for the 5 speed, but the 6 speed sure is nice on the highway and on long trips. Just did a 2400km 5 day road trip and everything was great from comfort to mileage. My friends have never had problems with rear seat leg room, though I'm not tall in the drivers seat at 5'9 anyways. This generation didn't have the sedan reintroduced until 2010 I believe. If you were considering the previous generation before that, then no, there were no STi hatchbacks.

Edit: Also worth a note, for the 2008-2014 gen, all WRX had 5 speeds, all STi had 6 speeds.

I am looking in the $25k ish range, preferably under.

Wife just called and was telling me she was hoping for a used CarMax again. On the upside, there are some Golf R manuals out there without horrid miles. And if they are out of warranty, the ECU Reprogram will likely be a way "just to increase mileage and efficiency on older cars..."

My goal is 2012 or newer, under 25k for most. I know Scoobies can get higher, but with more info on previous owner(s) - strongly desired, and then some.

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet = Not My Problem NOW, Bro...

----

@BayouSimDrifter

Yeah, we can't walk that far for a year, so not holding off. "Lola" carries me plus one, no A/C, and no way in... Heck... My son will drive her. Son's car started to mess up a total of 4 days after I sold the other car.

It's life, could be worse.

I would hold off for the RS
I wouldnt. It really isnt anything special in my opinion. its going to a 40k+ plus focus. No thanks.

I am looking in the $25k ish range, preferably under.

Wife just called and was telling me she was hoping for a used CarMax again. On the upside, there are some Golf R manuals out there without horrid miles. And if they are out of warranty, the ECU Reprogram will likely be a way "just to increase mileage and efficiency on older cars..."

My goal is 2012 or newer, under 25k for most. I know Scoobies can get higher, but with more info on previous owner(s) - strongly desired, and then some.

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet = Not My Problem NOW, Bro...

----

@BayouSimDrifter

Yeah, we can't walk that far for a year, so not holding off. "Lola" carries me plus one, no A/C, and no way in... Heck... My son will drive her. Son's car started to mess up a total of 4 days after I sold the other car.

It's life, could be worse.

I have seen a few CPO R's for 27k-29k with less than 50k miles.

I wouldnt. It really isnt anything special in my opinion. its going to a 40k+ plus focus. No thanks.

I have seen a few CPO R's for 27k-29k with less than 50k miles.

Yup. I'm really talking about $25,000 or less, strongly / preferably.

(Per my wife, "must be under..." per me... must be close enough for me to argue why. $4k over isn't gonna work for me normally, but we may be on the right track for her with CPO... Good idea!)

Last edited:
Yup. I'm really talking about $25,000 or less, strongly / preferably.

(Per my wife, "must be under..." per me... must be close enough for me to argue why. $4k over isn't gonna work for me normally, but we may be on the right track for her with CPO... Good idea!)

It may or may not fit the character bit, but Mazdaspeed 3?

If you are buying used. I suggest something similar, Get a Subaru, though I suggest the Legacy GT. However, if you are looking for new. I know you are saying pass on the Focus, but, may I suggest waiting just a touch for this one?
https://social.ford.com/content/for...03234&ef_id=U0iu1wAABZaog3Zz:20150713220114:s

I would hold off for the RS

I'm strongly considering one myself. It's about time an American brand offers something a practical family man can drive everyday and have a blast with.

I don't know man. I kinda disagree. It's not just the same exact car with a different engine. Yes, it has the same bones, but a vastly superior drivetrain. Sure, it'll probably be close to 40k loaded up, but thats not absurd for what it is. Similar to STI or Evo X, and the interior smokes the Mitsubishi. The RS will be housing the 2nd most powerful factory 4 cylinder production engine on the market. I'm thrilled that Ford is bringing this to the U.S. market.

4 doors ( I have young children)
Hatchback for versatility
6 speed traditional stick
Lots of horsepower
Lots of torque
All wheel drive (and pretty techy from what I've read)

Just my opinion, but this is not an overpriced A to B car. I think ford is bringing it, to people like me who've wanted to drive American for years but had no good options.

I'm strongly considering one myself. It's about time an American brand offers something a practical family man can drive everyday and have a blast with.

I don't know man. I kinda disagree. It's not just the same exact car with a different engine. Yes, it has the same bones, but a vastly superior drivetrain. Sure, it'll probably be close to 40k loaded up, but thats not absurd for what it is. Similar to STI or Evo X, and the interior smokes the Mitsubishi. The RS will be housing the 2nd most powerful factory 4 cylinder production engine on the market. I'm thrilled that Ford is bringing this to the U.S. market.

4 doors ( I have young children)
Hatchback for versatility
6 speed traditional stick
Lots of horsepower
Lots of torque
All wheel drive (and pretty techy from what I've read)

Just my opinion, but this is not an overpriced A to B car. I think ford is bringing it, to people like me who've wanted to drive American for years but had no good options.

All very good points, but I don't think it will hold the same resale value as an Evo or STi. I am impressed with Ford though, and what they've been building for the last 6-7 years.

I was going to consider a Focus ST when searching for a new hatchback, but it couldn't compare to what I wanted when it stood next to an WRX. The AWD was a big selling point for me, and I knew I'd regret not going up to the STi if I had got a WRX. I haven't regretted getting the pink badge a single bit.

Only reason I'm not getting the RS is because I just got my ST. There's a a lot I want to do with my car. Maybe if money gets really good food year I may by a second car but for right now, nope.

The last gen Mazda 3 has a Speed 3. At least up here we have em. From what I've heard, the new upcoming Speed 3 might be AWD too.

794448.jpg

The last gen Mazda 3 has a Speed 3. At least up here we have em. From what I've heard, the new upcoming Speed 3 might be AWD too.

794448.jpg

Next week?

This isn't a "must buy today" - going on vacation in a few hours - but will be next week. 2 weeks, tops.

Wait until X = not now.

All very good points, but I don't think it will hold the same resale value as an Evo or STi. I am impressed with Ford though, and what they've been building for the last 6-7 years.

Quite possibly, but I'm personally not one who worries too much about resale. That's just me though. It's still a niche car so there will certainly not be a ton of them out there. Like Vert said, it is a 36k+ Focus and the right buyers aren't exactly flooding the streets. I think it's the right car for me though, been waiting for something exciting for a long time. It ain't no Porsche, but that day is still a couple decades away. That's plenty of time for at least a couple practical hot-hatches. :)

I'm a fan of the 3 as well. I always thought they had great interiors for the price. The car is great value. My mom just bought a 2011 2.5L hatchback, my cousin bought a 2014 sedan, and another cousins girlfriend bought a 2014 sedan in the same week. They are very reliable cars, and fun to drive. I've also found that Mazda's manual transmissions are very comfortable to drive.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on July 12, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. gtr3123 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (89.34 for Prize C)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Vitessekid -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. MaddDog28 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ness24_O ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote
  9. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 77 (89.64 for Prize B)
  2. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Unknown_Male_282 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. rclynch ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 3
  1. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 82 (93.99 for Prize A)
  2. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. BKM-540 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. muriloantunes ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. EvoSpec10 --------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 87 (82.59 for prize purposes only)
  2. Onyx58 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Jaguara333 -------- did not submit a vote
  6. CallmeMike41 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. mbracer11 --------- did not submit a vote
Division 5
  1. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 83 (78.79 for prize purposes only)
  2. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. rkzjb04 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Evolvo ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Drewspeed --------- did not submit a vote
  9. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 6
  1. WraithQueen8 ------ did not submit a vote - 94 (70.71 for prize purposes only)
  2. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. D1_driver_83 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. ronwill73 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. cliffeden --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Pozzi Motorsports Camaro RS (Sports: Soft) at Red Bull Ring (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @kickenit4evr wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11 (Sports: Soft) at Mid-Field Raceway / Forward (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @socalnatv gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @gtr3123 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Good call with your combo. The track wasn't horrible but it can certainly be a handful. Let's see where the Cadillac goes to next!

Its all Global C but mazda still hasnt announced a speed 3 with awd yet. Mazda is their own company even though the still share designs with Ford because its cost effective.

I didn't realize it was still the same chassis. I thought Mazda had completely broken away from their partnership. now that I think of it, the Mazda 2/Fiesta is a giveaway that they haven't.

i'll just leave this here. i'll take one please

He must be one hell of a carpenter, cuz he sure can saw well!

Just wanted to share a quick pic from Nashville at the GT Academy National Finals :D

Some of our guys missed this group photo because they flew in late, and a couple had to give up their spot in the finals altogether. Hopefully we'll get a shot tomorrow with all the SNAILs who are there. In the meantime, please wish them all good luck!!

28tgbTK.jpg

photo by @Dragonwhisky

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed reply. 24 hours has obviously passed and you're the winning bidder! Please PM me the address where you want me to send the decal to. Also, be sure to tell me if you want the version with white or black lettering.

EDIT: Please be sure to send me the $hells before PM'ing me with the shipping details :D
Shells sent @zer05ive

Just wanted to share a quick pic from Nashville at the GT Academy National Finals :D

Some of our guys missed this group photo because they flew in late, and a couple had to give up their spot in the finals altogether. Hopefully we'll get a shot tomorrow with all the SNAILs who are there. In the meantime, please wish them all good luck!!

28tgbTK.jpg

photo by @Dragonwhisky

Let's get a who's who here!

28tgbTK.jpg

photo by @Dragonwhisky

That's a bunch of little dudes.

Back