Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Sorry I'm not much of a drinker and I got a chance to finally hang out with a co-worker so I had a good time. Unfortunately I can't really be all that functional when I seriously drink so I was useless in a practice room.

chatva likes this.
  2. Falango

Falango

Ya I'd think joining a practice room with some drinks in you wouldn't be the best if ideas. Not a good way to make friends lol

3. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

And the post was just me being extra silly. Because I'm not silly enough as it is :lol::lol::lol:

Vitessekid and Unknown_Male like this.
  4. Falango

Falango

Are you sure that wasn't the drinks talking? :p

Vitessekid likes this.
  5. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

It definitely was :dunce:

Vitessekid likes this.
  6. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

And that's the american stuff DP's drinking... Just think what would happen if he pumped some good 'ol Canadian brew into 'im :eek:

7. Unknown_Male

Unknown_Male

I don't think I've ever had a Canadian beer. What's a good one to try?

8. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

I had five 5% ABV beers in just under 2 hours. That's a good way to get drunk fast. Local micro-brewery down the street a ways from where I work. Nice hole-in-the-wall kinda joint.

chatva likes this.
  9. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

10. GTP_Vertigo

GTP_Vertigo

There are some Canadian Beers the have ABV well above 10%.. Just saying 5% is like drinking 5 Bud lights.

JamCar0ne and DesertPenguin09 like this.
  11. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

Oh I know. Normal beer in the US is light beer in the North. I'm not a big drinker in general so those would put me out of commission real quick lol

12. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

24 hours has passed without anyone outbidding you, so you've won the auction. Congrats! :cheers:

Please send my 56 $hells (link in my sig) and then post here on the thread once complete. :tup:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    euclid58, CoachMK21 and Handlebar like this.
  13. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Trust me it take's practice!, you must eat first and then take a breather!, go to the little boy's room and then you're ready to practice/race!
    After you've done that, do it again! :crazy:
    or NOT! :yuck:

(do not do what I do, I am an unpaid spokesman)
    NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE......! IN REAL LIFE!

14. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Your only advice, and especially you, should be to not drink before you race or while you race.

Adramike, Falango, CoachMK21 and 8 others like this.
  15. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

Red Racer pale ale is one of my favourite craft beers, brewed about 40 miles west of my place. There was another one that a buddy brought from Vancouver Island that was real smooth, but I can't remember the name :/

Unknown_Male likes this.
  16. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Therapist IPA. 10.4 percent and smooth as can be. Brewed in Turlock CA about a 35 minute drive from me. Good restaurant and great brewery.

17. Revirst

Revirst

18. Die_Birdy_Die

Die_Birdy_Die

Is this your request to join?

19. MikeGrove

MikeGrove

I miss the awesome photography from @Gouletzky

Falango and STEAMER62 like this.
  20. JamCar0ne

JamCar0ne Premium

D5 Data has been entered

21. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Revirst embedded his "Can I join? I bought the cars and did all the other stuff" at the bottom of the post he quoted - it ended up inside the quote from @zer05ive so it wasn't obvious.

As JLBowler is outta town - and this week's divisional placement deadline was Thursday, Revirst will miss this week. Once he goes through the welcome post from @nmcp1 and gets his ducks in a row, hopefully he can get ready for next week.

Yeah, I did this a few times and it never worked out well. Seems that drinking and driving doesn't improve any skills. Virtually, no real casualties, but certainly a negative effect on clean racing if it is highly competitive.

CoachMK21 and nmcp1 like this.
  22. Evolvo

Evolvo

20150527_235118.jpg

Just posting a pic of my setup

23. brntguy

brntguy

24. singlepaddy

singlepaddy

Sounds like you might need a "THERAPIST" after a few of those!!! :sick:

Handlebar likes this.
  25. aerolite

aerolite

Seeing as there was a bit of discussion on how great our Canadian beer is, I thought I would share this little bit of info that just came out, as we have a slightly international flavour to SNAIL.

Canada reclaims its place as world's most admired country

most admired.png

The US ranked #22

26. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Revirst

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the SNAIL OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. SNAIL Administrators will reach out to you via a GT Planet conversation with further instructions on joining the SNAIL [Spec] Racing club. Sunday races are organized exclusively through the GT6 Community features within the game. To find your assigned room on Sunday please follow the steps below:
    1. Go to Community, from the GT6 My Home screen.
    2. Select Clubs
    3. Select SNAIL [Spec] Racing
    4. Select Club Lobby (on left) not Club Events
    5. Find your division room #, select it and join.
    5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
    If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

27. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

STARTING IN TWO WEEKS!!
    [​IMG]

JamCar0ne, socalnatv, msgt-sd and 9 others like this.
  28. Mike Lobban

Mike Lobban

You are not even Canadian, well not originally. We brought you over for your experience in sheep husbandry.

29. STEAMER62

STEAMER62

hmm, @aerolite , interesting, but :confused: where are those data coming from? I, and guess you too, only trust in that statistic I've falsified myself or pimped up the marketing of it ;) :cool:
    :cheers:

aerolite likes this.
  30. Rednose58

Rednose58

I am sure he got it from a reliable source... It's almost like "the Brain is the most important organ in the human body ... according to the brain"

STEAMER62 and aerolite like this.