◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
@Falango @Engmatic1 @STEAMER62

View attachment 412279 View attachment 412279 View attachment 412280 View attachment 412281 View attachment 412282 View attachment 412283 View attachment 412284 View attachment 412285 View attachment 412286 View attachment 412287 View attachment 412288 View attachment 412279 View attachment 412280 View attachment 412281 View attachment 412282 View attachment 412283 View attachment 412284 View attachment 412285 View attachment 412286 View attachment 412287 View attachment 412288 View attachment 412289 View attachment 412290 View attachment 412291 View attachment 412292 View attachment 412293 View attachment 412294 View attachment 412295 View attachment 412296 View attachment 412297 View attachment 412298 View attachment 412299 View attachment 412300 View attachment 412301 View attachment 412302 View attachment 412303 View attachment 412304 View attachment 412305 View attachment 412306 View attachment 412307 View attachment 412308 View attachment 412309 View attachment 412310 View attachment 412311 View attachment 412312 View attachment 412313 View attachment 412314 View attachment 412315 View attachment 412316 View attachment 412317 View attachment 412318 View attachment 412319 View attachment 412320 View attachment 412321 View attachment 412322 View attachment 412323 View attachment 412324 View attachment 412325 View attachment 412326 View attachment 412327 View attachment 412328 View attachment 412329 View attachment 412330 View attachment 412331 View attachment 412332 View attachment 412333 View attachment 412334 View attachment 412335 View attachment 412336 View attachment 412337 View attachment 412338 View attachment 412339 View attachment 412340 View attachment 412341 View attachment 412342
I like the 3rd and the 6th

@DesertPenguin09

Car review sites:
Edmunds
Car and Driver
Autoblog
Kelley Blue Book (for values)

Cars to start with. If he does like sedans, I'd suggest midsize sedans so he's more space than he'd have now in the Sentra.

Toyota Camry (no brainer)
Ford Fusion
Nissan Altima
Dodge Charger
Chrysler 300 (may be over your pricepoint, not sure)
Honda Accord
Hyundai Sonata
Mazda 6 (first gen was underrated IMO, pretty good car)

I wouldn't write off crossovers either. Lower sesting position than SUVs, could possibly be easier for him to get in and out of. The market for those is pretty saturated too. Use the sites above to filter by vehicle type to find what suits your needs.

Jules Bianchi has succumbed to the injuries he sustained in last year's Japanese GP.
Sad to see him go after what was a very good 2014, but I'm also honestly relieved for his family. The last months couldn't have been easy for them.

We are spoiled to live in an era where we lose so few racers due to safety improvements, but the danger is always there, ready to strike.

Amid all the tragedies and loss that happens in the world each day, it's certainly a drop in a vast ocean, but it's still a life ended too soon.
I will hug my daughter and drink one for Jules now.

cape-ring_29-jpg.412299

@Raw10_2u Favorite shot right there! Notice anything... um broken?

@STEAMER62 ,Break out the Fish! I couldn't wait to post these.This is my littlest girl on her first time driving anything other than a power wheels 4-wheeler!Her awareness of others on the track was uncanny,and I was blown away at the skill she exhibited!She couldn't see over the wheel(she is only 8),and still drove like a champ!One proud Poppa here!We had more fun than anybody should,the Karts weren't "Legit"(It is a Family place,so they weren't very fast)I did observation and recon to determine the best ride available(hated that it had the #48 on it :) )My little girl is the one in the #11.she also rode with me in the #48.

STARTING IN TWO WEEKS!!

What's this I see? For a contest?
Yup, it's for a contest. :D

I realize that new members like yourself may not be aware, but @GranStand Bill has sponsored several contests over the years that we call "GranStand Challenges". The winner of the very first GranStand Challenge was @socalnatv and you can see his "before and after" pictures here. The most recent winner was @Engmatic1 and he posted his prize here.

More details will be posted soon, but in a nutshell, the more you race during the contest period, the better chance you have to win. Also, the fewer penalties you have during the contest period, the better chance you have to win. Please note that winning or losing racing has absolutely no bearing on the contest. This is strictly a contest of showing up to race consistently and driving clean. 👍

Are you up for the Challenge? :sly:

I think now more than ever I have a really good chance at winning. I always show up no matter what and haven't had any IRs for several months. We bump and bump back and that's just racing. Any major incidents get resolved on track or in the room lobby after the race. Because friends.

I think now more than ever I have a really good chance at winning. I always show up no matter what and haven't had any IRs for several months. We bump and bump back and that's just racing. Any major incidents get resolved on track or in the room lobby after the race. Because friends.
What are you talkin about D4 had a major melt down at the beginning of the season!
And with the new contest I'm going to pick apart your driving! I've already got a Grandstan but I could always use another :)

Yea d4 was a mess the first night due to some well.. things. But I'm pretty sure I have the ghetto-est set up! I have a broken chair pushed up against the tv to hold my pedals in place lol
There are worse! There was a show me yours war a few months ago and man there are some ghetto, dyi, make it work set ups out there! Lol my favorite was the table on cups!

On the other hand, if it's ever discovered that you tried to dissuade someone from filing an IR, you'll be automatically disqualified from the contest. So there's that..

On the other hand, if it's ever discovered that you tried to dissuade someone from filing an IR, you'll be automatically disqualified from the contest. So there's that..
Thanks for letting me know that in advance because this is very important, even in real racing. Also, how many incidents can you have on file before you are disqualified from the contest?

Yeah @Die_Birdy_Die ,When I saw this I had to post it! @singlepaddy is so good at blocking because his car is bigger,heavier,wider,,I have more pics to prove my theory!:)
Hey @Raw10_2u I'm guessing or hoping your throwing me a compliment. I hate the word "blocking" cause sounds like I'm doing something wrong or intentional. A lot of times I'm just not as fast as others but I tend to hold me line which I think can be frustrating for people trying to pass. I don't conciously try to block people.
Just wanted to clear that up. :cheers:

Btw good for your daughter, I know what it's like to be a proud poppa!!!👍

Hey @Raw10_2u I'm guessing or hoping your throwing me a compliment. I hate the word "blocking" cause sounds like I'm doing something wrong or intentional. A lot of times I'm just not as fast as others but I tend to hold me line which I think can be frustrating for people trying to pass. I don't conciously try to block people.
Just wanted to clear that up. :cheers:

Btw good for your daughter, I know what it's like to be a proud poppa!!!👍
You don't block you're just smooth. I dread getting to you when trying to get to the front! Your line is your line and pressuring you from behind doesn't work! I've tried many many times.

@STEAMER62 ,Break out the Fish! I couldn't wait to post these.This is my littlest girl on her first time driving anything other than a power wheels 4-wheeler!Her awareness of others on the track was uncanny,and I was blown away at the skill she exhibited!She couldn't see over the wheel(she is only 8),and still drove like a champ!One proud Poppa here!We had more fun than anybody should,the Karts weren't "Legit"(It is a Family place,so they weren't very fast)I did observation and recon to determine the best ride available(hated that it had the #48 on it :) )My little girl is the one in the #11.she also rode with me in the #48.

well you gotta start your racing chareer somewhere! LOL! :dopey:

Last edited:
Speaking of Karting, I'm heading to do some indoor karting today with my boys (@pole Position Raceway). In a few weeks we're going on vacation to do some adventure stuff in the Delaware Water Gap area and will be hitting up this kart facility, Oakland Valley Race Park. It's kinda expensive, but the karts seem legit.

You'll love it man. I had intentions of going to www.pittrace.com today with a few friends, but it turns out they have an F series kart event yesterday and today so rentals are closed. Outdoor karting is 10x more exciting than the indoor stuff. Dont' get me wrong, indoor is fun, but they are typically very tight (although Full Throttle in Cincy https://www.gofullthrottle.com/ is probably the best place I've been too where there's considerably more room to "race"). Legit kart tracks are just so much more dynamic; greater variety of turns, elevation changes and did I mention room? :).

Latest Posts

Back