◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
As for SNAIL Racing stickers, I'm surprised they haven't been made available for purchase yet. Given the proper permission (trademark laws and all), I'd be willing to take the logo down to the letter graphics shop by me and have some made up. I'd mail them out to whomever wanted them at cost.
do up a full line of "snail racing" gear?
-decals
-shirts
-jackets
Maybe to support our snail GTA Champions?

In my course of reviewing races and from what I can pick up from conversations and second hand information, it appears that some hosts need a refresher course on how to set up a room on Sunday night. Lucky for you, this information is now kept in one thread.

This is the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines thread.

And this is the specific post covering lobby settings within that thread.

Last edited:
do up a full line of "snail racing" gear?
-decals
-shirts
-jackets
Maybe to support our snail GTA Champions?
Let me just start with some decals to establish permission and gauge interest. I'd hate to invest a couple hundred bucks and be forced to wear all SNAIL clothing for the next couple years. :lol: But sure, I'd be willing to take on something like that.

Let me just start with some decals to establish permission and gauge interest. I'd hate to invest a couple hundred bucks and be forced to wear all SNAIL clothing for the next couple years. :lol: But sure, I'd be willing to take on something like that.

Shirts and stickers would interest me.
I don't have much use for jackets as the tropics afford very few chances of wearing them...

You can always auction them for for shells :) Not that I see the shirts being a hard sell!

I've made my decision for Prize A. We will be running the....

caterham_seven_fireblade__02_by_gt6_garage-d6xaq7d.jpg

Caterham 7 Fireblade '02
560pp dealership
567pp after oil change
165hp/369kg
Racing Hard tires

at...

BH_stand.jpg

Brands Hatch GP Circuit

Last edited:

Caterham 7 Fireblade '02
560pp dealership
567pp after oil change
165hp/369kg
Sport soft tires

at...

BH_stand.jpg

Brands Hatch Circuit
Awesome! That's gonna be one hell of a great race! Unfortunately I have to go to work now so I can't practice tonight. Unless anyone's down for some racing at 12:30am EST?

Also, it's 560PP at the dealership so Racing Hard tires, not Sport Softs. It's gonna be a lot less twitchy and a lot more happy! :D

Caterham 7 Fireblade '02
560pp dealership
567pp after oil change
165hp/369kg
Sport soft tires

at...

BH_stand.jpg

Brands Hatch Circuit
I assume it is the GP circuit?

Oh, me so happy, oh, oh, so happy!

Caterham 7 Fireblade '02
560pp dealership
567pp after oil change
165hp/369kg
Racing Hard tires

at...

BH_stand.jpg

Brands Hatch Circuit

Awesome! That's gonna be one hell of a great race! Unfortunately I have to go to work now so I can't practice tonight. Unless anyone's down for some racing at 12:30am EST?

Also, it's 560PP at the dealership so Racing Hard tires, not Sport Softs. It's gonna be a lot less twitchy and a lot more happy! :D
And the post is updated to reflect that change.

I assume it is the GP circuit?
Yes. Again, original post updated.

On RH, that car will be so easy to drive, a 3 year old could keep it in the lines. If the little Caterham in P Cars is any hint, it'll be an absolute joy! That car loves to get a little slideways, and it's still fast when doing so.

Jedi, I feel there must be a connection in the force between us. Not more than 5 hours ago, we were discussing track choices in the D4 PM and one of my suggestions was the super 7 at Monaco. A bit of gap in tracks, but funny you picked the same car. Great choice!

Yes. To be honest we could give combo numbers in the hundreds. @msgt-sd might be able to cull the data and tell us exactly how many different combos have been run on a Sunday night and so far as I'm concerned, there has ever only been one Combo 1. Even if that's how I've named the TT events. Now that I think on it, that will be changing, as of this week, just in keeping with my desire for consistency. Won't add any letters to the title after all.

One can find combo numbers in two places in the SNAIL Combo History spreadsheet. In the SNAIL Combo History Info sheet, one can find a chronological list of the combos in a table called "SNAIL Combos Sorted by SNAIL Combo #". Also, you can see the combo numbers in the rightmost column of the ComboHistory sheet.

One of the interesting things about the Caterham 7 in GT6 is it seems to have the worlds heaviest flywheel no matter what you do to it. To see what I mean, go into the grass and spin up the tires to 2nd gear then lift off the throttle just as you roll onto the pavement.

It should still be fun it's just a weird thing I noticed in GT5 that I don't really understand. Also the brakes are inexplicably weak feeling. So brake early for turn 2 guys.

One of the interesting things about the Caterham 7 in GT6 is it seems to have the worlds heaviest flywheel no matter what you do to it. To see what I mean, go into the grass and spin up the tires to 2nd gear then lift off the throttle just as you roll onto the pavement.

It should still be fun it's just a weird thing I noticed in GT5 that I don't really understand. Also the brakes are inexplicably weak feeling. So brake early for turn 2 guys.
Two other things about the car.

1. The gearing is totally wrong in the game. The real car has some sort of reducer that cuts the gearing by about 3/4.

2. For all you with a clutch - when we last ran this car in snail I was able to get much better launches by slipping the clutch to keep the revs up;)

Latest Posts

Back