◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Random question, but should I download Project Cars or buy the physical disc?
Normally I would say physical disc. With how tech is improving and the fact that a game copy is digitally tagged to your account, not forgotten, so if your system were to blow up when you get a new system you upload your account and the game is their. As where if you have a physical copy of a game if you scratch the disc at all you're 🤬
Oh I forgot to mention in my earlier post that's really hard to get any practice in when your constantly shovelling f...ing snow!!! Excuse my profanity.

Another 8 inches today and still coming down....:banghead::banghead::banghead: :indiff:
AH ha ha ha we're getting a little rain barely got any snow at all this winter

Prize A announcement:
Ferrari GTO '84
@ Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
After oil change stats:
528pp (520pp before)
413hp
1160kg
Sport Soft tires
Price: 1,250,000 cr
Lap times were in the 2:12-2:13 range during trial laps.
An interesting combo. lil' bit of a handful at first but getting the feel for it. Laid down a low 2:14 after some laps. This is going to take some practice to be consistent. Nice combo.

An interesting combo. lil' bit of a handful at first but getting the feel for it. Laid down a low 2:14 after some laps. This is going to take some practice to be consistent. Nice combo.

Tom I share your sentiments... great combo but challenging to be consistent. I had a few choice words for it.... just glad I was alone... the little wifey may have had me rinse my mouth with soap if she was there....

@CoachMK21

It seems you have an aversion to the BMW brand. Is that an aesthetic thing or simply the "image" generally associated with BMW drivers given by "haters"? I know a guy who drives a 3-series as a DD and I think does track days with it. I can ask him his thoughts if you'd like. Also, he's not a deuche...

Also, take this for what it's worth, but the BMW brand has been by far the most successful brand in the short SNAIL WRC history. New or old, they always seem to be quite popular and stick around for several weeks.

No aversion, not at all. I don't really have a reason for excluding them initially, but after a few suggested the 135i and I did include the 3 series on my list. I was somewhat joking about the "not sure I want to be a BMW owner" comment. I was going to also include, "I'm already a jerk so it might fit", but didn't.

I'm open to all suggestions, then I can gather all the data possible, head to some dealers and test drive a lot of cars. Hopefully then I find something that suits my needs.

upload_2016-3-10_1-23-40-png.523998

Last reminder GT1 will is holding an open practice and we will be using these cars in a "public" club room.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A(FD) '02 400hp

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 400hp

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33) '07 400hp

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 400hp

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) ’04 400hp

BMW 135i Coupe '07 400hp

Nissan Silvia Spec-R AREO (S15) '02 415hp

Honda S2000 '06 420hp

Acura NSX ’91 420hp

At 1260Kg for D4- D6 and 1300Kg for D1-D3 If you would like to try out tuning please don't hesitate to join us.

Rough lap times are 1:48's around R246 and our fastest driver is a 1:45 best lap

upload_2016-3-10_1-23-40-png.523998

Last reminder GT1 will is holding an open practice and we will be using these cars in a "public" club room.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A(FD) '02 400hp

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 400hp

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33) '07 400hp

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 400hp

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) ’04 400hp

BMW 135i Coupe '07 400hp

Nissan Silvia Spec-R AREO (S15) '02 415hp

Honda S2000 '06 420hp

Acura NSX ’91 420hp

At 1260Kg for D4- D6 and 1300Kg for D1-D3 If you would like to try out tuning please don't hesitate to join us.

Rough lap times are 1:48's around R246 and our fastest driver is a 1:45 best lap

Spam? :lol:

GOT THE THE NEW G29 WHEEL MOUNTED....AIN'T IT PURRDY???

View attachment 526805

Impressions....This is a much nicer wheel than my old DFGT, as it should be for the price I paid. The wheel itself pretty much looks the same as my old one, save for a few extra buttons and its leather wrapped as opposed to vinyl. It's also much quieter because of helical cut gears where as the DFGT had straight cut gears.
The pedals are a major upgrade over the old. Nice polished metal as opposed to plastic..
They definitely feel more realistic. Also has a clutch pedal witch of course I can't use at the moment.
Overall For now I'm very satisfied with the build quality, but time will tell.

I did race it for the first time last Sunday and had mixed results. The Elise combo I did terrible at but ive never been good with MR cars and I find Laguna Seca a tough track for me. The other two combos I managed to salvage some decent finishes.
The wheel and brakes feel much more precise... So I'm hoping with more time and practice I can get up to speed and be competitive.
The dark side is calling Paddy, time for PS4 and PCars. We can renew some old rivalries. Sell a kidney....do what you gotta do.

DP, don't do this again. Please!!! What would YOU feel more comfortable with? The disk gives you a disk with online support. A download gives you online support without the disk. I use the disk, but it was on sale at EB when I bought the PS4, but I have tons of online downloads as well. Whatever is cheaper at the time I want to buy.

Last edited:

Okay Snails, it's that time again! Sorry for the delay, but one of you is going to win a ButtKicker Gamer2 in a few days! :D

Based on the rules of the contest, here are the finalists for the ButtKicker Challenge IV as well as how many picks each finalist has earned:

@JJLopez427 ---- 4 picks
@Kgffy --------- 4 picks
@MikeGrove ----- 4 picks
@polygrizz ----- 4 picks
@pubason ------- 4 picks
@racingchamp30 - 4 picks
@TomMang_68 ---- 4 picks
@WIDEeyedDRIVR - 4 picks
@cliff eden ---- 4 picks
@leadfootedbud - 4 picks
@Ness ---------- 4 picks
@nmcp1 --------- 4 picks
@socalnatv ----- 4 picks
@pakicote ------ 3 picks
@Xradkins ------ 3 picks
@Rob Brown ----- 3 picks
@Engmatic1 ----- 3 picks
@Grandpa Money - 3 picks
@JamCar0ne ----- 3 picks
@Nicktune ------ 3 picks
@USERID_77a23 -- 3 picks
@Wolfsatz ------ 3 picks
@WSK96 --------- 3 picks
@DMacs13 ------- 2 picks
@JLBowler ------ 2 picks
@McTrucker ----- 2 picks
@TBongX -------- 2 picks
@singlepaddy --- 2 picks
@turnupdaheat -- 2 picks
@Ricky_Blayz --- 2 picks
@Rednose58 ----- 2 picks
@MajorBlixem --- 1 pick
@MSgtGunny ----- 1 pick

The number of picks that each finalist earned is based on @msgt-sd's database that shows the number of ButtKicker points they earned. As usual, we'll be randomly selecting one of a hundred numbers (0-99) to determine the winner. But for the very first time, we'll be using our very own Sunday night races to determine what that random winning number will be! This new interactive process is the brainchild of @nmcp1 and here's how it will work:

The division that produces the highest scoring winner (based on adjusted scoring) for the races held on 3/27/16 will have their six races used as the main source of the winning number of the ButtKicker Challenge. The fastest lap time of the race by any driver set in each of the six races in that division will be identified.

From there, the division that produces the second highest scoring (based on adjusted points) winner will determine which of the division's races, as previously selected, will be used to take the fast lap time from.

Once we have the race chosen, the last two digits in the time will be used to select the winner of the Buttkicker Challenge. Since we have six divisions as well six races, it's pretty straightforward:

Division 1 = Race 1 (Combo1/Race1)
Division 2 = Race 2 (Combo1/Race2)
Division 3 = Race 3 (Combo2/Race1)
Division 4 = Race 4 (Combo2/Race2)
Division 5 = Race 5 (Combo3/Race1)
Division 6 = Race 6 (Combo3/Race2)

So if Division 4 produces the second highest scoring winner, then the fastest lap from race 4, from the previously selected division, would be the lap time used to select the ButtKicker Challenge winner.

Unofficial results, before the stewards review, will be used to select all laps and lap times in this process.

All finalists will be receiving a PM from me tomorrow morning. It will include detailed instructions as well as the terms and conditions for participating in the contest. It will also include options if you'd like to donate your picks and forego your chance to win. You will be required to post your picks on here on the this thread, but don't do anything until you read my PM first.

Good luck to all of you!! :cheers:

Last edited:
It is a challenge, but feels great when you get it right. I especially like the braking zone after the kink on the back straight. It takes a bit of doing to keep the car settled on entry for the left hander at the end.

It is a challenge, but feels great when you get it right. I especially like the braking zone after the kink on the back straight. It takes a bit of doing to keep the car settled on entry for the left hander at the end.
I'm hoping the hours I've spent in the GTPSS car will help me through the chase, the cutting and skyline into the esses :)

Ok I felt bad when @Boricua-55 said that he felt we were singling him out as the one to get and It was all me!

Now I'm so freaking impressed! Because I stock around to Race him after everyone had left He asked what car would be best?
After some discussion, I learned that he is a Disabled Veteran of the Granada conflict in a wheelchair and a Quadriplegic!
That shoot a dagger right at me, because I Too am a veteran and work at a VA hospital!

We talked for quit some time and he told me he has a wheelchair and use of only his hands and straps his arms down so as to control the wheel!
If your not impressed! I am, since is very fast!
Well he is in Puerto Rico, and with such spirt I want to get him here to L.A. and lets get him walking!

Ok I felt bad when @Boricua-55 said that he felt we were singling him out as the one to get and It was all me!

Now I'm so freaking impressed! Because I stock around to Race him after everyone had left He asked what car would be best?
After some discussion, I learned that he is a Disabled Veteran of the Granada conflict in a wheelchair and a Quadriplegic!
That shoot a dagger right at me, because I Too am a veteran and work at a VA hospital!

We talked for quit some time and he told me he has a wheelchair and use of only his hands and straps his arms down so as to control the wheel!
If your not impressed! I am, since is very fast!
Well he is in Puerto Rico, and with such spirt I want to get him here to L.A. and lets get him walking!
Wait I woke this morning and realized I was duped, A Quadriplegic wouldn't have use of their hands! :dunce:

As of this post, here is the current list of the ButtKicker Challenge IV picks. If you are a finalist, please read the instructions and terms and conditions of the contest that I have sent to you. Once you are authorized to make your numbers selections, click the 'Reply' button below and then add your GTP Username next to any numbers that are still available. Be sure that you don't make more picks than the number of picks you have earned. Once you're done making your picks, you need to delete the text above the ButtKicker logo (it looks like this: [qu0te="username, post: 1234567, member: 123456"]). After you've deleted that, hit the 'Post Reply' button down below. Please be sure that you are replying to the most current list before making your picks. Good luck! :cheers:

00 -
01 -
02 -
03 -
04 -
05 -
06 -
07 -
08 -
09 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 -
34 -
35 -
36 -
37 -
38 -
39 -
40 -
41 -
42 -
43 -
44 -
45 -
46 -
47 -
48 -
49 -
50 -
51 -
52 -
53 -
54 -
55 -
56 -
57 -
58 -
59 -
60 -
61 -
62 -
63 -
64 -
65 -
66 -
67 -
68 -
69 -
70 -
71 -
72 -
73 -
74 -
75 -
76 -
77 -
78 -
79 -
80 -
81 -
82 -
83 -
84 -
85 -
86 -
87 -
88 -
89 -
90 -
91 -
92 -
93 -
94 -
95 -
96 -
97 -
98 -
99 -

Get ready for huge long pages of numbers to take longer to load on your phone. Just like with lots of pictures, these long lists for the ButtKicker Challenge work the same way.

I asked before and I'll bring it up again for discussion. Why can't there be a separate topic just for the season challenges? We know there will always be one so it's not like keeping it in the main thread for ease of availability isn't really an argument. We all know there is a whole forum section for SNAIL. We can spread out a bit. Already have for a real racing thread and a media thread, might as well for contests too.

:gtplanet:

As of this post, here is the current list of the ButtKicker Challenge IV picks. If you are a finalist, please read the instructions and terms and conditions of the contest that I have sent to you. Once you are authorized to make your numbers selections, click the 'Reply' button below and then add your GTP Username next to any numbers that are still available. Be sure that you don't make more picks than the number of picks you have earned. Once you're done making your picks, you need to delete the text above the ButtKicker logo (it looks like this: [qu0te="username, post: 1234567, member: 123456"]). After you've deleted that, hit the 'Post Reply' button down below. Please be sure that you are replying to the most current list before making your picks. Good luck! :cheers:

00 -
01 -
02 -
03 -
04 -
05 -
06 -
07 -
08 - @nmcp1
09 -
10 -
11 -