◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
I really had no idea of the Snail/Joe drama as I have not followed the thread since PCars1, but Joe has been a good addition to our Lobanaro Lounge. No issues whatsoever.

It must have been a hard pill to swallow writing the above and it feels like it's from the heart. I know someone else who could benefit from reaching inside and realizing how much tension is created by their denial and never wrongness. Baaaa, who am I kidding.....

Greetings all my fellow Snailers, old and new! To those of you that know me, it come as a surprise to see me posting in this thread after 2+ years.

My history in SNAIL has been a series of ups and downs. At my highest point I was a trusted member of the league, a steward, and a general positive contributor to the league. At my lowest I was causing fights and attacking those that I called friend for no real reason at all other than to cause a commotion. Near the end of my last days here I was an ornery jackass alienating nearly everyone I could with nothing but negativity and slander. The thread turned into a **** show and I was the antagonist. It was not a pretty period in my life and I sincerely regret those actions.

This is my attempt to rebuild bridges that I burned down years ago.

I definitely would like to apologize to zero, bowler, coach and the stewards in place at the time for my actions near the end of my stay in SNAIL a couple of years ago. I made life a living hell for all of you and for that I am very sorry.

I definitely attacked you all, Jlbowler and Zero especially, and created unnecessary drama in the main thread. Bowler and I used to be tight, racing in the same division for awhile and racing in other small racing events from time to time. I went way overboard and alienated him and several other people who I called friends in SNAIL.

I was, and still can be, a great asset to the team. But I was a serious a-hole sometimes. I realize that there are much more constructive ways to express opinions and ideas.

Oddly enough this online persona I displayed in the past is definitely not my personality in life. I think I got carried away championing a cause that never really existed. All I needed to do was sit down and talk like an adult but instead I just kept pushing and pushing until I pushed you all away.

I don't remember each and every detail but it just seems like an idiotic blur of rhetoric that had no end. It all could have been avoided had I just stepped away from the keyboard (and my fake online persona), thought about how "I" should handle it, and then acted accordingly.

Anyone who has been in room voice chat with me knows that is not how I act, and I would punish my children for being such a-holes on a forum. So I would respectfully ask that you all give me a shot to prove myself in a positive way.

Since you all can see this post it means I have been unbanned by Zero. But I am sure this decision was not reached lightly and I doubt the backchannel vote was unanimous ;) But I appreciate the chance to prove that I can be a positive influence on SNAIL moving forward.

I look forward to driving with you all again and if anyone needs any help that I may be able to provide, feel free to ask...I am an old guy who has played since GT1.

I would like to thank a few of my fellow old guy drivers over in the Lobanaro lounge of PCars for helping me be a better person over the last couple of years by witnessing your positive influences on track and in your threads. Aero, SGETI, Lobban, Tom, McT, GR8...you guys are always upbeat, positive and respectful and it has helped bring me out of a funk I was in for quite some time.

:cheers:
Good to see this happening Joe, I'm glad you were able to work things out with the SNAIL BOD. As Mike said, was probably not an easy thing to write! Hope we will still see you once in awhile in the Lounge.
It is great to see so many of the older gang coming back and you guys should have a lot of good fun. I will be staying with just PCars2, Sunday nights don't work well for me, and I already spend enough time online for the week co-running our series and racing part time in another.

Due to another glitch we will turn on the Balance of Performance setting for Sunday night racing. That will change the weight and balance on the car slightly, but it will ensure that all cars start from the same HP and weight. The current weight restriction allows cars with lower weights but restricts higher weights - which is the reverse of what it is supposed to do.

See the links in my signature for important information

Due to another glitch we will turn on the Balance of Performance setting for Sunday night racing. That will change the weight and balance on the car slightly, but it will ensure that all cars start from the same HP and weight. The current weight restriction allows cars with lower weights but restricts higher weights - which is the reverse of what it is supposed to do.

See the links in my signature for important information

Question if I may... If stewards are judging contact , why are we having the 'side contact' penalty setting set to on?

Question if I may... If stewards are judging contact , why are we having the 'side contact' penalty setting set to on?

I was not involved in the testing of the setting as I have been too busy at work to play the game. My thinking off the top of my head is that if it works well, it's another level of enforcement. How well it works would be a question for those that participated in Thursday night practice and used it. If it proves to be ineffective it can always be changed down the line.

I was not involved in the testing of the setting as I have been too busy at work to play the game. My thinking off the top of my head is that if it works well, it's another level of enforcement. How well it works would be a question for those that participated in Thursday night practice and used it. If it proves to be ineffective it can always be changed down the line.

In sport mode , side contact is usually penalized to both racers. I have not tested either but I would imagine a 1 or 2 second penalty to both racers involved .. I'll open a lobby room with a few others later and see what happens when we bump.

In sport mode , side contact is usually penalized to both racers. I have not tested either but I would imagine a 1 or 2 second penalty to both racers involved .. I'll open a lobby room with a few others later and see what happens when we bump.

@Rednose58 @nmcp1 @MajorBlixem If any of you can get in there with him, this could be very helpful. If the system does penalize both drivers (especially one that is holding his line) we probably don't want to use it.

Let me know when room is open and we can have a demolition derby .... open a rally room

Sent invite by party chat. Im on line with another game

Let me know when room is open and we can have a demolition derby .... open a rally room

Sent invite by party chat. Im on line with another game

I might even be around tonight. I have to take our engineer to the airport and then I get to go home. I can't guarantee my sobriety tonight after this week of work but I'm not a mean drunk. I just might be a little more talkative than usual.

I might even be around tonight. I have to take our engineer to the airport and then I get to go home. I can't guarantee my sobriety tonight after this week of work but I'm not a mean drunk. I just might be a little more talkative than usual.

With two of us in the room beating the hell out of each other for 8 laps, not once did we trip the penalty and we certainly gave it the college try. Banging on straights , in corners , out if corners and nothing. Obviously a test with more racers later will be better. It seems broken or I'm missing something on the contact the setting is trying to prevent.

With two of us in the room beating the hell out of each other for 8 laps, not once did we trip the penalty and we certainly gave it the college try. Banging on straights , in corners , out if corners and nothing. Obviously a test with more racers later will be better. It seems broken or I'm missing something on the contact the setting is trying to prevent.

If it doesn't do anything, what's the point of having it on?

29_Oct_C1.png

29_Oct_C2.png

29_Oct_C3.png

All I did was change names. Nothing wrong with that. I tried something. It didn't work and you can't go back to a previous account so I'm stuck with this one. I could always make another DP with other numbers and e-mail account but I'm too lazy. I'm thinking I'll use this PSN name for my racing games and the other account for everything else.

All I did was change names. Nothing wrong with that. I tried something. It didn't work and you can't go back to a previous account so I'm stuck with this one. I could always make another DP with other numbers and e-mail account but I'm too lazy. I'm thinking I'll use this PSN name for my racing games and the other account for everything else.
Robbie, he talked to the proper people, hence the reason he has the new name and not a ban. These things don't get by the mods.
ST, don't go pushing it. Name changes are generally reserved only for premium members, and are limited to one a year.

No worries Rally. At first I didn't know you can only have one account so a mod explained it to me and asked which one I want to keep while the other will be banned. There's no "account removal" so it's considered a ban but by all means it was a non-issue.

If I feel the need to put the time into making another one I'll be sure to run it by the mods before I do anything.

Will there be a new color/number listing so we can choose our basic livery?

That is a great question @IceWarden since we had specific color/number combinations for our cars in GT6. Am i right that their are no names under the colors in the livery editor besides what the name would be of a special paint that can be purchased through mileage points.

Latest Posts

Back