◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
I am about to test out all suggestions also testing the Gran Turismo 125 Shifter Kart at Northern Isle Speedway. Likely will make my selection before 5pm today.

Just so you are aware, the kart is not eligible to be used on Sunday night as it can't be purchased in brand central.

I am going with the suggestion by @Sean Renon for prize A.

Car: Renault Sport Megane trophy 2011.
Track: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow.

Group 4 car which puts it on SS tires for Snail regulations on tire settings.
359HP and 2,105 lbs.
Was getting a time of 1:23.167 at Big Willow. I want to thank everyone who put in suggestions for Prize A. I did like all of them but the one i am leaning towards the most for my pick was the suggestion by @Sean Renon

At the start I never put a lot of effort into the livery because I figured it wouldn't stick around. Each week goes by and I go to work on it because wow it stayed another week but I keep stopping myself before getting carried away because I also think it's surely gonna go this week. And here we are again :lol:

I am going with the suggestion by @Sean Renon for prize A.

Car: Renault Sport Megane trophy 2011.
Track: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow.

Group 4 car which puts it on SS tires for Snail regulations on tire settings.
359HP and 2,105 lbs.
Was getting a time of 1:23.167 at Big Willow. I want to thank everyone who put in suggestions for Prize A. I did like all of them but the one i am leaning towards the most for my pick was the suggestion by @Sean Renon
Wow, I like that track. I picked it last. And unless there’s more than one Megane, I really like the car too. Unfortunately, it’s looking like I will miss this Sunday. Now I have to hope it sticks around at least 1 week. I’m not gonna hold my breath. General consensus is against Big Willard (pet name). Really surprising to me now that there are markers which was my only complaint with the track back in GT6. Come on SNAIL, show some love for Willard.

Wow, I like that track. I picked it last. Unfortunately, it’s looking like I will miss this Sunday. Now I have to hope it sticks around at least 1 week. I’m not gonna hold my breath. General consensus is against Big Willard (pet name). Really surprising to me now that there are markers which was my only complaint with the track back in GT6. Come on SNAIL, show some love for Willard.

I think it has a chance of staying.
Monza has been around a long time.

At the start I never put a lot of effort into the livery because I figured it wouldn't stick around. Each week goes by and I go to work on it because wow it stayed another week but I keep stopping myself before getting carried away because I also think it's surely gonna go this week. And here we are again :lol:
upload_2018-6-19_18-27-27.gif

For anyone not getting the reference. Just like DP’s 12 posts today, this is a poor example of how NOT to be seen.

- Monty Python style.

Last edited:
Like has been said "practice makes perfect" but in racing would be "practice makes you go faster" I can remember first time i started to race the 919 at Monza i was getting times in the 1:35's and over these past 2 weeks of using at the same track, i have gotten into the 1:34's. Been awhile since GT6 that i did as well as i did last Sunday so my hands were all sweaty :lol::lol::lol: as anyone in here knows not just from doing so well but trying your best to keep the competition behind you. I have been taught to be a cleaner, faster driver by watching replays of faster drivers when i first started out in Snail. The newer drivers can watch replays of now people who been with Snail a few years so they can see where we are taking the lines in turns to get through faster and braking points. How we keep learning from one another. For the newer drivers and if you saved your replays from last Sunday night racing, go watch Combo 1 Race 2 of my race so you can see where i took my braking points, driving lines to be faster than others and will help to learn or watch many of the other skilled drivers in D3. Where others use a steering wheel, i use a controller using left analog for steering, X for acceleration and Square for braking. When it comes to starting from the back in the 2nd race after winning the first race is patience being key, not forcing a pass and keep the pressure passing as clean as possible without contact. In the 2nd race will see both me and @gulfvet67 were racing for several laps with no contact between us.

Champ, I always fear when you start close to the front in the SNAIL Invitational races. Your are so consistent and it seems you are always improving on your in-season best laps. Your are the most difficult to catch when you are in front in those races. Way to go, man!

Champ, I always fear when you start close to the front in the SNAIL Invitational races. Your are so consistent and it seems you are always improving on your in-season best laps. Your are the most difficult to catch when you are in front in those races. Way to go, man!

Thank you. It is just from racing in Snail for this many years racing in vehicles stock and doesn't take long for me to know which driving lines to take and how to enter/exit a corner faster than when i race on the combo the first time.

TRIVIA ALERT!!!
In other words, what I am about to "vent" about, is Trivia - a personal irritation.

As I have written on prior occasions, the Livery function is pouring sand into my crankcase. It may be related only to my PS4 Pro, but something is definitely amiss. Since that time I have deleted almost all Duplicated cars in the garage (thinking that GTS could not "find" the correct livery, so it just put a Stock livery on the car when changing to the next Combo.

Sunday night I made particular Pre-Race Preparations to make sure the Liveries on all three cars were Uploaded - and they appeared, prior to each race, to be the Custom images as expected. However, when viewing my Replays ………. all of my entries were Stock images. Maybe others see the American Racing livery, but I do not.

Last night, again, I made every attempt to make sure the AR Endurance entry had the correct Livery. Prior to the race - the AR livery was observed as expected. During the race, at each Pit Stop, the AR livery was on the car. However, when I watched the Replay of the race ………….. Stock livery was applied to my car.

Makes a body (that's the old way of saying, "a person") want to just quit wasting time on the Livery and just Run what they give you. But, have been the White & Blue for so long, I'll keep trying to make it work. (Maybe last night's GTS maintenance will fix it - doubtful, but always hopeful)

Thank you for letting me Vent - you may now return to the normal discourse ………… whatever that may be at the moment.

Last edited:
Wow, I like that track. I picked it last. And unless there’s more than one Megane, I really like the car too. Unfortunately, it’s looking like I will miss this Sunday. Now I have to hope it sticks around at least 1 week. I’m not gonna hold my breath. General consensus is against Big Willard (pet name). Really surprising to me now that there are markers which was my only complaint with the track back in GT6. Come on SNAIL, show some love for Willard.
I for one really like Big Willow. I’m pretty proficient at that one. I hope this combo sticks around for a while too.

For me it has absolutely nothing to do with the runoff areas. The track layout itself is just boring.

Long straight, Big left, big right, left, right, left (kink) onto long straight, big right, big right, repeat. I mean yes, James May would still get lost but it's really uninspiring for me.

For me it has absolutely nothing to do with the runoff areas. The track layout itself is just boring.

Long straight, Big left, big right, left, right, left (kink) onto long straight, big right, big right, repeat. I mean yes, James May would still get lost but it's really uninspiring for me.

I would have assumed, as you are such a proponent for close racing, this would be the kind of track you prefer. It is not too difficult to get comfortable on which can provide good close racing.

It's just too simple, if you get what I mean. The Megane would work well at any of the tracks Sean Renon suggested, but I'd have picked maybe Gardens II or Blue Moon Bay Infield A. I like a shorter track for more laps so you can attack the same turns again and again, finding that perfection.

Back