◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments
@vsfit Thank you for your support! :D:cheers: Did you know they sponsor a NASCAR driver? Can’t remember which series or when but I came across it while searching for logos to DL.
I wonder if I can post some of my “creations” on their website? Or maybe send them the photos? Hmmmm

They sometimes sponsor Daniel Hemric for when he drove in the Xfinity Series. Since he’s moving up to Cup next year I believe the sponsor will follow him
E553185D-664E-45D6-9B97-567EFE1486AB.jpeg

I know this is a controversial opinion, and largely unpopular with certain people, but the advantage using a shifter has with some cars is starting to get rather annoying as somebody who's using a DS4.

With most street cars, the shifter has a massive advantage at the start of the race - people using a shifter routinely go from near the back of the pack to near the front of the pack (assuming roughly 10-12 people in the race). Last week the 2 street cars the shifter didn't make that much difference during the race (as was demonstrated by @SAMHAIN85 getting all 3 pole positions in D1 without a shifter), the advantage was at the start.

However, this week - the FERRARI 512 BB 1976 has at least .5-.8 seconds (PER LAP) if not more of speed to be gained simply by using the shifter to accelerate. This big advantage isn't even on the start (as much as previous races), it's throughout the lap anytime you have to change gears.

I'm not trying to implement a no shifter policy, or say that street cars not be allowed - I'm just voicing an opinion, that these races don't feel very stock anymore - there is an ever growing class of drivers in D1 who've purchased shifters just to stay competitive - and as somebody who doesn't have a rig at this point in time - there's no option for me to suddenly buy a shifter to keep up.

Also, please don't respond with a "I could miss a shift debate" - if the upside of using the shifter didn't largely outweigh the downsides you wouldn't use it (again general statement here) - as I would wager a guess that most people who are using shifters are using it only for up-shifts but then going back to auto-clutch/paddles for downshifting.

Here's an example of the massive advantage at the start of the race. You're watching from Sam's perspective, who gets a relatively good launch - keep an eye on SRC who starts directly behind Sam (again this isn't meant to blame anyone it's just an example), SRC's initial launch is about the same as Sam, but the secondary launch is WAY faster as his car doesn't bog down while it shifts - he immediately goes from last to I think 5th before we even make it to the first corner. That's a +6 on the race before turn 1 (being brutally honest here) purely because SRC owns a shifter.

It's gotten to the point where I'll probably know exactly what combo I'm voting off before I even race on Sunday and it's usually going to be the car that requires a shifter to be competitive.

Last edited:
I know this is a controversial opinion, and largely unpopular with certain people, but the advantage using a shifter has with some cars is starting to get rather annoying as somebody who's using a DS4.

With most street cars, the shifter has a massive advantage at the start of the race - people using a shifter routinely go from near the back of the pack to near the front of the pack (assuming roughly 10-12 people in the race). Last week the 2 street cars the shifter didn't make that much difference during the race (as was demonstrated by @SAMHAIN85 getting all 3 pole positions in D1 without a shifter), the advantage was at the start.

However, this week - the FERRARI 512 BB 1976 has at least .5-.8 seconds (PER LAP) if not more of speed to be gained simply by using the shifter to accelerate. This advantage isn't even on the start, it's throughout the lap anytime you have to change gears.

I'm not trying to implement a no shifter policy, or say that street cars not be allowed - I'm just voicing an opinion, that these races don't feel very stock anymore - there is an ever growing class of drivers in D1 who've purchased shifters just to stay competitive - and as somebody who doesn't have a rig at this point in time - there's no option for me to suddenly buy a shifter to keep up.

Also, please don't respond with a "I could miss a shift debate" - if the upside of using the shifter didn't largely outweigh the downsides you wouldn't use it (again general statement here) - as I would wager a guess that most people who are using shifters are using it only for up-shifts but then going back to auto-clutch/paddles for downshifting.

Here's an example of the massive advantage at the start of the race. You're watching from Sam's perspective, who gets a relatively good launch - keep an eye on SRC who starts directly behind Sam (again this isn't meant to blame anyone it's just an example), SRC's initial launch is about the same as Sam, but the secondary launch is WAY faster as his car doesn't bog down while it shifts - he immediately goes from last to I think 5th before we even make it to the first corner. That's a +6 on the race before turn 1 (being brutally honest here) purely because SRC owns a shifter.

It's gotten to the point where I'll probably know exactly what combo I'm voting off before I even race on Sunday and it's usually going to be the car that requires a shifter to be competitive.

That's a tough one, and I understand your opinion and have thought about it a bit, but how do you come up with a solution to even it out??? I think it's up to each user as to what extras they want to spend money on, and they shouldn't be penalized for it imo. Personally I feel upgrading from my G27 to T300 wheel gave me a slight advantage, over my previous lap times, maybe not to the extent a shifter would be, but like I said that's a tough one!
I'm pretty confident Santa is bringing me the shifter for Christmas, so please, let's not outlaw them.....at least until I get to try one, Lol

Nog Motor Sports (NMS) is happy to announce Death Wish Coffee has extended their major sponsorship into the December 2018 Snailracing.org season, D4.
Here is the combo lineup for Sunday 12/2/18.

I emailed them the pic when you first posted it...hope you don't mind. Don't worry I didn't take credit for it.

View attachment 783432

Nog, you should let DWC know that they owe you some credit or maybe a coffee. Brand Awareness pays...I ordered some coffee on Amazon yesterday...

@vsfit Thank you for your support! :D:cheers: Did you know they sponsor a NASCAR driver? Can’t remember which series or when but I came across it while searching for logos to DL.
I wonder if I can post some of my “creations” on their website? Or maybe send them the photos? Hmmmm

I emailed them the pic the same day you posted it the first time...hope you don't mind. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Don't worry I didn't take credit for it:)

Well I did hear back from them:

Hey Greg,

That is badass, my friend! Really love the look! I'll be sure to pass this around the office, thanks so much! Let me know if you ever have any questions and I will be more than happy to help!

Roasting beans for caffeinated dreams,

--
Mike M.
Customer Support
Death Wish Coffee Co.

That's a tough one, and I understand your opinion and have thought about it a bit, but how do you come up with a solution to even it out??? I think it's up to each user as to what extras they want to spend money on, and they shouldn't be penalized for it imo. Personally I feel upgrading from my G27 to T300 wheel gave me a slight advantage, over my previous lap times, maybe not to the extent a shifter would be, but like I said that's a tough one!
I'm pretty confident Santa is bringing me the shifter for Christmas, so please, let's not outlaw them.....at least until I get to try one, Lol

I'm not suggesting outlawing them - or banning the cars that benefit from them, and I don't have a solution really. I really have no idea what to do about it lol, I'm just bringing up the conversation because for the most part the advantage has been at the start and I could (begrudgingly) live with that, but now the advantage has moved into the actual race pace of the car itself and it has left me wondering if I even want to bother racing that combo as it won't matter how much effort I put into learning it if shifter drivers are lapping roughly half a second if not more faster per lap.

Well I did hear back from them:

Hey Greg,

That is badass, my friend! Really love the look! I'll be sure to pass this around the office, thanks so much! Let me know if you ever have any questions and I will be more than happy to help!

Roasting beans for caffeinated dreams,

--
Mike M.
Customer Support
Death Wish Coffee Co.
@spidermonkey that is awesome my friend! I posted a photo on their Facebook page too

I know this is a controversial opinion, and largely unpopular with certain people, but the advantage using a shifter has with some cars is starting to get rather annoying

Preachin' to the choir brother. Nothing can be done about it except "run whatcha brung". I got fed up with it and shelled out $200 in total over black friday in order to catch up so to speak. I have yet to set it up but hopefully by tomorrow I'll be good to go.

Back in GT6 when I was primarily on DS3, there were other advantages/disadvantages that also came into play. With high powered, high grip cars, the turning radius was limited on DS3 compared to those that ran with a wheel. I first found this out when we did a combo on Apricot Hill. I kept wondering how I was so much slower than everyone else through the long sweeping right hander. Everyone would pass by me doing going at least 5mph faster.

This was over 2 years ago.

I'll paraphrase someones quote they have in their sig (someone in SNAIL)

"Speed is a question about money. How fast do you wanna go?"

I have a shifter. But, I'm so bad at right foot braking. Throttle blipping using heel-toe isn't something I'm proficient at either.
Just wanted to make the point that just 'having the shifter' will not make you quicker immediately, it requires practice.
I have a shifter for my G29 setup, but rarely do I use it on race night. The risk of a 1-2 miss shift can hurt you as bad or worse than the gain you can achieve hitting it right, and any missed shifts during the race is race debilitating, so I choose to just stick with the paddles. For the guys using the shifters proficiently, they must time the (on/off) clutch and the heel toe braking dead on, and if they achieve this with a level of of consistency that doesn't hurt them but helps them, my hat is off to them. The shifter itself does not make the driver faster, but the practice and skillset that they have achieved to be consistent and fast using it does. My 2 cents.

Edit: I do want to stress that I am not a fan of drivers that use the hgate/clutch for upshifts and then paddle shift clutchless for downshifts. Imo, that is a game allowable cheat. Its ashame that GtSport doesn't lock you to one or the other as it does in Asseto Corsa. But, for the drivers using the clutch and shifter honestly thru the races, that takes a great level of practice and skill and garners my respect.

Last edited:
You might be able to find the complete overlay here www.tradingpaints.com if you really want to get detailed. I haven't searched for it, but this is where I'll go to find very hard to find decals and complete liveries if I'm doing some replicating.

So a Murican here trying to drive in the sweltering humidity of South America. Driving my zero mile Ferrari I'm halfway into Turn 1 and thinking maybe PD forgot to put rubber on the new rims I just bought. After a couple of laps I feel like I'm sort of surfing around the track. So I thought, what not?

Blogna_Duc surf.jpg

Not to fret for those D3 drivers with whom I"ll be driving on Sunday. I have been assured by my key technical sponsor that all will go smoothly.

Bologna_Duc sponsor.jpg

Let's go surfing now
Everybody's learning how
Come on and safari with me...

So a Murican here trying to drive in the sweltering humidity of South America. Driving my zero mile Ferrari I'm halfway into Turn 1 and thinking maybe PD forgot to put rubber on the new rims I just bought. After a couple of laps I feel like I'm sort of surfing around the track. So I thought, what not?

View attachment 783489

Not to fret for those D3 drivers with whom I"ll be driving on Sunday. I have been assured by my key technical sponsor that all will go smoothly.

View attachment 783490

Let's go surfing now
Everybody's learning how
Come on and safari with me...

What I got out of Mr. Enzo`s fine creation is that it has a mind of its own. It just says `No matter what you do, I feel like driving into the wall``

I have wondered what the "Number of Players" might be in GTS
Hmm, this is from a while ago, yet I doubt much has changed

raWc.jpg

vaWc.jpg

USA + Canada = 16.8%, leaves 4.1% for South America.
Australia + New Zealand 3.3%.

Matchmaking is really going to suffer now outside Europe. Is PD expecting a massive influx of players from BF?
On days with FIA races, sport mode is going to be barren in some regions.

Back