◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Guys, is this considered a penalty? plase advise

upload_2019-3-14_12-2-42.png

Guys, is this considered a penalty? plase advise

View attachment 806606
No penalty there. But I would advise not trying it in a pack, door-to-door. I expect others to disagree with me on this, but what I see as a steward is that people are not prepared for how much the cars handling characteristics change in race conditions when they make the choice to use them as you've shown. You are making the choice to race others with two of your wheels off the track and two wheels on an uneven surface with less traction than the race surface.

If you're going to do it, just practice as much as you can under race conditions. Practice braking on and across the rumble strip and get used to how much the car lifts when you hit the rumble strip and how much it settles back down into the regular race surface. Save your practice race replays and watch the trajectory angles from chase cam as you cross over the rumble strips, it'll give you a good idea of how much the cars actually move depending on the angle and speed you hit the rumble strips at.

Last edited:
This combo should be interesting. The way I have found to push my time under the mid division lap is using every bit of the track in that section. If I'm reading the qualifying rules correct that isn't a valid position for qualifying? Doesn't the ORL read all parts of the car have to stay within the track boundary?

Who will be hosting official SNAIL practice tonight?

For new members- every Thursday we run a mock-up of Sunday’s races. We split into 2 rooms. 1 for D1 /D2. And another for D4/D5. Division 3 can go to either room to balance grids.

This is a great time to work on race craft while driving side by side with other SNAILS under real racing conditions.

Hope to see you all there tonight!
I have been hosting D4/D5 for the last several weeks, but it's probably not a good idea if I host tonight. Columbus Ohio has severe wind and rain advisories and warnings through 11pm tonight. The city typically loses power if the squirrels don't get enough nuts to keep the wheels moving, if you catch my drift.
I would hate to be hosting tonight and lose power and internet, which I am planning on happening.
I will be at practice however, and can resume hosting Thursday night practice next week.

@zer05ive
I started uploading the replays as we were racing. This is simple to do and while uploading you can ask in either party chat or in game chat the proper procedure. This way it’s uploaded during the night and not after when you could be alone with no expertise. Other members in D1 started to follow suit and I think it’s something that we need to look into going forward to help all DIVISIONS learn and exploit this opportunity. It’s also possible for those having to do multiple suites in a night to get 2 in 1 and not have to spend the extra time after the races doing replays and data and scores and such.

@JLBowler @zer05ive and anyone else on the bod.

When I am racing on Sundays I typically do replays - it's something I was volunteered to do, and I will continue to do it, but I have only done it 3-4 times and I'm still getting used to it.
My apologies on including the periods.in.my.formatting.this.past.week it was the first week I had a keyboard to do the typing and it was a muscle memory thing because I input a lot of data at work in a similar way.

I will try and use the normal formatting from now on of XXXXYYZZD1R1R1

Also - I do upload the replays directly after saving them so I don't have to go back after the races are done and reupload.

Ok so it looks like we need a couple volunteers to host practice tonight

Any takers?

I’m open to host D4/D5 room unless someone with a better connection steps forward

I hosted last week for D1/D2, I'll do it again this week.
I'll use the same format as last week:
From 9 - 9:30 I'll run each combo for 10 mins. Then at 9:30 I'll go back to combo one, 5 mins to put in a time and then we do two races. Same for combo two and three.

I am unavailable to host tonight.

Ok so it looks like we need a couple volunteers to host practice tonight

Any takers?

I’m open to host D4/D5 room unless someone with a better connection steps forward

I hosted last week for D1/D2, I'll do it again this week.
I'll use the same format as last week:
From 9 - 9:30 I'll run each combo for 10 mins. Then at 9:30 I'll go back to combo one, 5 mins to put in a time and then we do two races. Same for combo two and three.

Looks like we have enough volunteers for tonight. Thanks @TomMang_68 for D4/D5 (and half of D3)

Looks like @Neutty and @thracerviewr has to agree on who will take the lead for D1/D2 (and half of D3) Thanks!

I will not be available tonight.

I can probably host next week but I just got home from Columbus Ohio and I haven’t seen my wife since Monday. ALSO!!!

My wife and I just had lunch with @SAMHAIN85 and @src_ej6 at the best BBQ place in the nation called KC JOES (formerly known as Oklahoma joes). Sam doesn’t look anything like I pictured him to look like and yes he’s just as cool in person as he is in chat. Src is pretty much exactly what I pictured him to look like (lol) but overall it was awesome to get together with a couple of other snails for some awesome BBQ!! I didn’t think about getting a picture until my wife and I got home, kicking myself for that but we will meet again sometime.

Now, i need everyone to get onto @src_ej6 to let me build him a rig for his house!!!

I can probably host next week but I just got home from Columbus Ohio and I haven’t seen my wife since Monday. ALSO!!!

My wife and I just had lunch with @SAMHAIN85 and @src_ej6 at the best BBQ place in the nation called KC JOES (formerly known as Oklahoma joes). Sam doesn’t look anything like I pictured him to look like and yes he’s just as cool in person as he is in chat. Src is pretty much exactly what I pictured him to look like (lol) but overall it was awesome to get together with a couple of other snails for some awesome BBQ!! I didn’t think about getting a picture until my wife and I got home, kicking myself for that but we will meet again sometime.

Now, i need everyone to get onto @src_ej6 to let me build him a rig for his house!!!

99% sure @Herimopp89 & I are going drinking at a Phantoms game next season or a Phillies game, who knows lol anyone in the northeast is more then welcome to watch some hockey with us

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Seriously though, three adults, with three phones, and no pictures? ;)

Back