◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
WRX Rally Car ready!

DWCWRX1.png
DWCWRX2.jpg

I'd just like to throw out that during practice I'm trying lines that may or may not work, pushing in certain corners and just generally testing. I feel like most people are doing this and come race time things settle down a bit. If I could give any suggestion to folks is you cannot win the race in the first corner but you can lose it.. Give space and have some patience.

There "appears" to be some significant corner cutting going on....How will this be enforced Sunday night?

If you see it report it. That's what the IR system is for.

The first minute of so of that video has a couple of examples of what would have to be considered a little more than "accidental" corner cuts. If your line is to run with four tires in the grass, you might want to rethink that line and get it within the rules.

It would be nice if everyone raced according to the rules, but I guess my expectations are a little high for that huh?

I think 99% of people that race on Sunday make a legitimate attempt to race within the rules.
I can't speak for other divisions, but I know D1 people are very often stretching the limits of the track on a regular basis.

If I cut the track, I will concede any time advantage I've gained - but I don't cut the track on purpose.
If I cut the track due to contact that wasn't my fault - or to avoid a major collision in front of me or cut the track because I ran wide or deep on a different part and cutting the track is the most reasonable/safe way of getting back on track I will use my best judgement if I think I need to lift.

If I race on Thursday, I use it as a time to practice my lines, testing the limits of the car and often times it's my first laps on the new combo so any track cutting is generally speaking a total accident.

There "appears" to be some significant corner cutting going on....How will this be enforced Sunday night?

There was, any of it on my part was not intentional, I don’t have much experience on Miyabi or Monza so I’m still working on lines and braking points that will allow me to keep it in bounds. :)

On another note, I was just reading through all the shifter talk in this thread from back at the beginning of January because I plan to get on in the next few days and I got to thinking, couldn’t the whole shifter problem(for SNAIL Racing) be solved by making all cars we run have a sequential transmission? Then there is no advantage for anyone on any car, no one has to spend money on a shifter and it’s still spec racing because everyone is still running the same specs.

There was, any of it on my part was not intentional, I don’t have much experience on Miyabi or Monza so I’m still working on lines and braking points that will allow me to keep it in bounds. :)

On another note, I was just reading through all the shifter talk in this thread from back at the beginning of January because I plan to get on in the next few days and I got to thinking, couldn’t the whole shifter problem(for SNAIL Racing) be solved by making all cars we run have a sequential transmission? Then there is no advantage for anyone on any car, no one has to spend money on a shifter and it’s still spec racing because everyone is still running the same specs.

I wasn't looking at you when I made my comment. As @Sean Renon said, there is a difference between testing lines and straight lining a corner through the grass. He is also pretty much correct in saying that 99% of drivers try and stay in the limits and may go OOB once in a while and then lift to negate any advantage. It's that 1% that consistently run OOB as their chosen line that really need to be reported so that the IR system can do it's job.

I wasn't looking at you when I made my comment. As @Sean Renon said, there is a difference between testing lines and straight lining a corner through the grass. He is also pretty much correct in saying that 99% of drivers try and stay in the limits and may go OOB once in a while and then lift to negate any advantage. It's that 1% that consistently run OOB as their chosen line that really need to be reported so that the IR system can do it's job.

No worries, I didn’t feel as though it was aimed at me in any way. I just figured since it was brought up I’d mention it so people didn’t think I had done it on purpose is all. :cheers: :)

I TOLD:nervous: my wife that I need this one. My G29 is getting really rough and noisy lately. She even complains about it. I think the gears are shot. This wheel is available for pre-order now. Release date is April 30. I just wonder if the G29 pedals are compatible with this?

With F1-2018 (PC) currently on sale for $17.25 on Steam it might not be a bad idea at all. (I still have Saturdays open for another racing game....)

upload_2019-3-15_11-40-36.png

I TOLD:nervous: my wife that I need this one. My G29 is getting really rough and noisy lately. She even complains about it. I think the gears are shot. This wheel is available for pre-order now. Release date is April 30. I just wonder if the G29 pedals are compatible with this?

With F1-2018 (PC) currently on sale for $17.25 on Steam it might not be a bad idea at all. (I still have Saturdays open for another racing game....)

View attachment 806947

If you get that, I'm booking a trip to Cloud 9 for a personal test drive! ;)

Back