◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
I have my eye on a local seller who's selling T3PA-Pro & the T500rs - he wants $600 for them both, thinking of trying to haggle him down a little, they're used - but I'm on a budget lol.

What did you pay for your pedals? And what wheel are you using?

I was thinking of getting a TGT, but I don't think I can justify the absurd cost of the wheel and then having to upgrade the pedals later.
I got the pedals for free, it was a part of a yearly safety bonus at my work, where I could pick from all kinds of things and just happened to see these pedals. I'm running the T300 RS GT in an Ionrax Rig. Where abouts are you located? I'm only asking because I see on a local page someone is selling a pretty solid looking homemade rig with the T500 and the upgraded pedals (he says like new), for $700 if I remember right. That's in Saskatoon, Sask.

I have a very exciting announcement. I am attempting to start the

SNAIL SUPER FORMULA SERIES
3A6F8B8C-931F-427C-AD19-49C85B623072.jpeg

I have created a separate thread so that everyone can see the idea and show their interest or not. This is open to both SNAIL member and non SNAIL members and I would love for this Series to be as fun as possible.

The Races would be on WEDNESDAY Nights so it will not interfere with anything SNAIL related and I hope to make it a part of your weekly schedule.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/interest-in-super-formula-series.386728/

Sunday, April 14, 2019 Lineup
April 2019 Season - League Night #2

1. BMW M3 SPORTS EVOLUTION 1989 on SH Tires @ Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II - 21:00 Clear - (8 Laps)
2. MCLAREN 650S GT3 2015 on RH Tires @ Autódromo De Interlagos - 13:45 Fine Weather - (7 Laps)
3. CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 GR.3 on RH Tires @ Fuji International Speedway (Short) - 06:15 Clear - (7 Laps)

Is that your '85/'86 GT in your GTP profile pic? I used to have a Regatta Blue '87 5.0 LX, got many compliments on the color.
It's my dad's actually. I took that pic 5-6 years ago when I first joined GTP. He's sold it to someone since then. Nowadays he drives an '05 GT.

I actually got to take the '05 for a spin around Watkins Glen last weekend (my parents took me there for opening weekend) and we got pictures taken of me driving it around. Perhaps now's as good a time as any for a new profile pic... ;)

Well there must be a third reason, because I know what the word realism means and I also drive a manual....unfortunately mine has the plain old manual, manual transmission, where you have to use a clutch and a stick that’s usually placed in the centre of the console, so by me wanting realism, my thinking is that even if the clutch/shifting isn’t ideal in the game, it still feels more “real” to me to drive a car with clutch and stick if that’s what it came with as the only manual option, rather than using paddles, on say a 65 GT350, but maybe I’m alone in that thinking. Anyway I’m happy to abide by the rules and only voiced, what I thought were concerns, and I was enlightened since, and do agree with the rule changes now, but not your rationale on realism, Lol. On that we can agree to disagree Sir.

So I am not thr only one who thinks shifting a GT350 or say maybe a Lambo 88 Countach with paddles is pretty much out of sync with any "realism" argument that some of you are clinging to. I have been using flappy paddles since before there were flappy paddles. (Microsoft FFB Wheel 1999) so to move into the era of shifters being kind of the new norm was a great step! (2005 over 10 years ago) maybe this would be a time to make more divisions instead of bickering over shiftergate. A shifter league and a non shifter league? What say you?

@WildOne1976,
I think your missing the focus and point of this league. While "realism" does surely help in the immersion factor of racing GTSport, it is not Snail's main focus. Snail, is and always has been about an even playing field with all things equal for the best competitive experiences. Yes there is the arguement of Ds4 vs wheel users and which is faster, but function for function both are equal, just execute the processes differently. For wheel users and Ds4 users alike who do not have an hgate shifter to make use of a clutch, it does create an "advantage" to those that do. Therefore, Snail has chosen to stick with the formula that has maintained the fairness and integrity of this league for over 8 years. Your best hope for the use of the clutch and hgate shifting within the confines of this league is PD making some changes within the game to bring things closer in line. Only then will you see Snail re-adopt it's use.

Last edited:
So I am not thr only one who thinks shifting a GT350 or say maybe a Lambo 88 Countach with paddles is pretty much out of sync with any "realism" argument that some of you are clinging to. I have been using flappy paddles since before there were flappy paddles. (Microsoft FFB Wheel 1999) so to move into the era of shifters being kind of the new norm was a great step! (2005 over 10 years ago) maybe this would be a time to make more divisions instead of bickering over shiftergate. A shifter league and a non shifter league? What say you?
Personally.....I say No. I would much rather this group stay as it is. It's obvious that this isn't a Snail problem, Snail is just doing the best they can with the platform provided by PD, to keep the racing as close and competitive as possible, not too mention keeping it enjoyable at the same time. Once PD get's their "poop in a group" and fixes things on their end, we'll all be back at our happy place, using shifters and whatever else people spend their money on to get the most out of the game. I was the first one to sound off about the new rules, regarding shifters, so I understand where you're coming from....we just need to be patient, and again this isn't Snails issue, we're just trying to adjust as best we can!

Keep in mind by doing this it could take a pretty big hit in “car count”. I can see the league falling apart and people moving on where we are trying to get more people involved.

Keep in mind by doing this it could take a pretty big hit in “car count”. I can see the league falling apart and people moving on where we are trying to get more people involved.
@WildOne1976
There are a limited amount of people and many ideas for race events. Problem is people have lives apart from racing and would loose too much family time trying to race every event desired.
I’d love to start/see a street car league (shifter) with ABS prohibited. It really teaches one volumes about braking.

Last edited:
It's my dad's actually. I took that pic 5-6 years ago when I first joined GTP. He's sold it to someone since then. Nowadays he drives an '05 GT.

I actually got to take the '05 for a spin around Watkins Glen last weekend (my parents took me there for opening weekend) and we got pictures taken of me driving it around. Perhaps now's as good a time as any for a new profile pic... ;)
Nice man I'd love the opportunity to drive the Glen. I almost bought a '07 GT myself years ago. Fun cars and easy to get sideways in 1st and 2nd gear, not to mention they sound great.

Too bad your dad didn't hold onto the Foxbody though, judging by the pic it was super clean and clean foxes are going up in value. I saw a '93 Cobra go for over 20k.

For realism Asetto Corsa has been my game of choice recently, if you have it maybe we could play sometime.

I don't think two separate leagues is necessary, these changes were made to level the playing field in what is supposed to be a spec league. If GT had the option to lock h gate only use like AC this wouldn't be an issue, but another problem arises that the clutch/shifter can be abused in GT due to poor programming.

Also, technically flappy paddles were a thing in the '90s. Even in street cars like the 355 F1.
158192_Interior_Web.jpg

PSN name changes go live today

Keep in mind if you do change your PSN ID, you will be "starting over" on your lifetime SNAIL stats. And since you need to enter official SNAIL Sunday lobbies with the PSN ID listed in the active drivers thread, you will not be able to race.

Stay tuned for an official annoucement on a procedure going forward for changing your ID if you plan on doing so.

The Time Trials will have their first update tonight. So far we have 20 people competing. Head on over to the thread for info on joining.

With @THRASH being in the process of creating a SNAIL Super Formula Series, let it be a reminder to everyone that if you have an idea for a series to pursue it. Friday Racing is geared towards new ideas and one-off events. @Rob Brown has thrown around some ideas for racing @ Nurburgring since we dont use it for Sundays. And I know @Neutty has his Challenge event in the works.

To piggy back on this, maybe one of these future events can utilize the H gate shifter. That way the realism guys will still have a place to use it. Like it's been said here, the only reason its banned on Sundays is to keep things fair. Not to take away from your experience from the game. If PD ever decides to fix this problem and make things even steven then expect the ban to be lifted in SNAIL.

The SNAIL Invitational is approaching fast (this Friday) Sign up as soon an possible to reserve your spot.

I got the pedals for free, it was a part of a yearly safety bonus at my work, where I could pick from all kinds of things and just happened to see these pedals. I'm running the T300 RS GT in an Ionrax Rig. Where abouts are you located? I'm only asking because I see on a local page someone is selling a pretty solid looking homemade rig with the T500 and the upgraded pedals (he says like new), for $700 if I remember right. That's in Saskatoon, Sask.

T500 in a rig? Or just the T500 + the Pro pedals?

Nice job to all the prize winners this week getting their decisions announced early in the week. Going to be a busy Thursday to Sunday for me affording limited practice, so the early picks allowed for some practice today.
BTW, anyone planning to race Sunday may want to be certain to get some laps in at Willow. Alot of blind apexes and tight and technical S-sections.
Anyway, here are my cars for this week.
7206401600929169428_0.jpg

Good luck to everyone on Sunday, and see D2 drivers on the grid.

Here is the answer to paddle shifting older cars originally set with a manual gearbox.
http://www.mme-motorsport.com/en/products/h-paddle-shifter
They're out there. Any h gate manual shifted car can be fitted to work as a sequential, paddle shifted car. Rules apply to all forms of sanctioned racing. Think of this rule as one that applies to Snail.

Last edited:
PSN name changes go live today

Keep in mind if you do change your PSN ID, you will be "starting over" on your lifetime SNAIL stats. And since you need to enter official SNAIL Sunday lobbies with the PSN ID listed in the active drivers thread, you will not be able to race.

Stay tuned for an official annoucement on a procedure going forward for changing your ID if you plan on doing so.

The Time Trials will have their first update tonight. So far we have 20 people competing. Head on over to the thread for info on joining.

With @THRASH being in the process of creating a SNAIL Super Formula Series, let it be a reminder to everyone that if you have an idea for a series to pursue it. Friday Racing is geared towards new ideas and one-off events. @Rob Brown has thrown around some ideas for racing @ Nurburgring since we dont use it for Sundays. And I know @Neutty has his Challenge event in the works.

To piggy back on this, maybe one of these future events can utilize the H gate shifter. That way the realism guys will still have a place to use it. Like it's been said here, the only reason its banned on Sundays is to keep things fair. Not to take away from your experience from the game. If PD ever decides to fix this problem and make things even steven then expect the ban to be lifted in SNAIL.

The SNAIL Invitational is approaching fast (this Friday) Sign up as soon an possible to reserve your spot.
I am verifying dates with my wife and will have the date and details up very very soon. Hang tight all.

Nice job to all the prize winners this week getting their decisions announced early in the week. Going to be a busy Thursday to Sunday for me affording limited practice, so the early picks allowed for some practice today.
BTW, anyone planning to race Sunday may want to be certain to get some laps in at Willow. Alot of blind apexes and tight and technical S-sections.
Anyway, here are my cars for this week.View attachment 813555
Good luck to everyone on Sunday, and see D2 drivers on the grid.
Liveries look great, as usual!

I don't think two separate leagues is necessary, these changes were made to level the playing field in what is supposed to be a spec league. If GT had the option to lock h gate only use like AC this wouldn't be an issue, but another problem arises that the clutch/shifter can be abused in GT due to poor programming.

Agreed... This should be addressed by PD. We are limited and tied by their problematic solutions. As for @Rob Brown a street race league without the benefit of ABS would be great! I, unfortunately do not have time to create such a league. If someone created it I would be all for joining up on that night.

Off the top of my head on the subject of PSN name changes.

Changes will not be processed mid season and as was already stated, it will be just like starting over from a state point of view.

hello, i would like, for the May season if possible, change my snail nick name, is this possible?

The new rules that were posted earlier today have been added to the appropriate sections of the SNAIL OLR Policies and Guidlines thread.

The qualifying procedure is in the Qualifying rules post.
The adjustment of brake balance is covered in the Definition of Tuning Prohibited post.
The clutch ban in in section 1 N of the SNAIL OLR.

If there are any questions in lobbies tonight about the new rules, please ask them in this thread before moving forward. I will not be racing tonight but I will be at my computer to give the all clear and field any questions that anyone may have.

It had to be done. 👍

Back