Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DublDee

DublDee

But the regular pedals, not the Pro's....and no rig, although not sure that particular homemade rig is worth a whole lot?

src_ej6 likes this.
  2. src_ej6

src_ej6

It's not worth whatever shipping costs would be if he doesn't live within driving distance.

Also, that's almost $300 CAD less. I don't know that the pros are different enough to warrant the cost when it's just a different frame that allows you to flip the pedals, especially when he could just flip the T3PAs on a rig if he made one.

3de5ulh63s121.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    hirnsauger69 likes this.
  3. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

My first lap........ Need to practice

4. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

N38824r, THRASH, TomMang_68 and 6 others like this.
  5. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

I took part in the TT and my name appeared online in the results. (I had already sent friend request to the PSN name given in the signup). So what could be the issue. @SAMHAIN85

6. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Maybe the time trial account needs to run a Q? A glitch?

7. Fudman420

Fudman420

I also set a time, friended the snail account and I don't see my name on the board. My time would have been right around racingchamp30's time.

8. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

There are 2 ways within the daily to view the leaderboard @SAMHAIN85.
    Do they both show the same list?

9. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

10. DublDee

DublDee

Totally agree with you on shipping, which is why I asked where he was located, and pointed out where these were.
    As for the pedals themselves, they feel quite different from the regular T3PA’s imo, but I don’t think they’re real expensive, like $200cdn, and like I said I got mine for free through a safety bonus program, or I wouldn’t have upgraded, so I can’t say if it’s worth it or not.

src_ej6 likes this.
  11. src_ej6

src_ej6

I was under the impression the mechanical parts of the pedal set were the same, I haven't got to use them myself. I'm sure the inputs feel pretty different, it's like driving a German car with a floor mounted accelerator pedal then switching to a American or Japanese car with a top mounted pedal.

I just looked on bestbuy.ca and you're right they're $200 new, and the T3PA are $125. In theory he could sell the T3PA for $100 and still be up $200 total AND have a warranty if he really wants the pros.

There's also always the G29 which is even cheaper. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...playstation-pc-dark-941-000110/10383067.aspx?
    With a $400CAD buy-in price he could get it and a pre-fabbed rig too for less than that T500, or get a G29 and wheel stand and spend less than the wheel I recommended. It just all depends on what is most important to him for his setup.

Rigs-
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/COCKPIT-DRI...243588?hash=item3b2daadfc4:g:MocAAOSwmThckFHg
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Racing-Simu...733994?hash=item3b2d19c4ea:g:f4QAAOSw2hhchmyf

Wheelstands-
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Racing-Simu...374110?hash=item3637bd1b1e:g:GKMAAOSw3npb5Vc8
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Racing-Stee...602921?hash=item5b3f8371e9:g:P4sAAOSw5wFcQEM5

12. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

You watching the Leafs game? Holy ****

WildOne1976 and stelephant like this.
  13. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Should be a good series love seeing 2 of the original 6 fighting it out....I hope Marchand gets punched in the ear!

TomMang_68 and Oshawa-Joe like this.
  14. BradESPN

BradESPN

Am I the first SNAIL in the prestigious 100k mile club?

upload_2019-4-11_19-37-25.png

15. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

All impressive stats. Congratulations!

16. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Has practice been cancelled?

17. basswerks1

basswerks1

I have a room up

18. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

D2 data completed for 4/7/19

Rednose58 and THRASH like this.
  19. DublDee

DublDee

As a Bruins fan......Not Impressed at all!:banghead:

20. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I was worried but..
    FB_IMG_1555034946545.jpg

21. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I have completed my review of the 6 incidents on file this week.

Raw10_2u, stelephant and suprajef like this.
  22. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

4E3D3CBB-1A84-4662-BCA4-A43D022684EE.png

It was this close....

N38824r and BradESPN like this.
  23. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

Full race

N38824r and Gr8_Lakes like this.
  24. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

25. Racer546324

Racer546324

I found out that you can change your PSN name now, but some games might reset your status

26. Neutty

Neutty Premium

Don’t forget to check out the SNAIL CHALLENGE THREAD!

27. WildOne1976

WildOne1976

After 52 years without a cup they deserve one. My pens may not make it past round 1... Too many fast young guys on great teams this year.

Nick Cannella and Oshawa-Joe like this.
  28. Miklevey

Miklevey

I have read the first post and would like to join. I joined your lobby the other day because one of my friends was in it and was told to exit and join.

Raw10_2u, DublDee, SAMHAIN85 and 5 others like this.
  29. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Miklevey

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58,@MajorBlixem & @SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Raw10_2u, DublDee and Neutty like this.
  30. Rednose58

Rednose58

SNAIL INVITATIONAL >>>>> Special Invite

April 12, 2019 at 9:00 PM

For tonight's races I invite anybody (non qualifiers, no responders, change of minders) that was on the SNAIL drivers' list in March to join us from 9:00 PM Eastern on a First Come First Serve basis. We start at Monza with the Subaru WRX 2014.

The following racers have priority and can join anytime before 9:25 pm. If the room fills up, the last person who joined from the above "special invitation" will be asked to leave to make room for the person who qualified and responded "Yes" as per the list below.
    upload_2019-4-12_16-40-13.png

Click on image for more detail (Rules, Regulations, Combos, etc)

[​IMG]

@Bud__Greene, @THRASH, @Nicktune, @Rednose58, @TomMang_68, @Nick Cannella, @Mully465, @llNovall, @Neutty, @racingchamp30, @Racer546324, @Herimopp89, @N38824r, @JamCar0ne @todally_lit, @Micr0z, @Grandpa Money , @Timlour, @Fudman420, @basswerks1, @TexasJDC, @stelephant, @nmcp1, @Kgffy, @WildOne1976 @GTPvw_slc, @soundtiger95, @Bologna_Duc, @diehard racer, @Spencer Perry, @Rob Brown, @thracerviewr, @TEX36, @gulfvet67, @BooBooNite, @socalnatv, @hirnsauger69 , @Phlano099, @src_ej6, @Drifter1171, @DublDee, @Skills, @Noob01_lmdead, @Sean Renon, @math_is_tight, @TTTtothetop, @Lozano1, @suprajef, @Rogue Clone, @Ryan Kirk, @Pigems, @Raw10_2u, @MikeGrove, @krusty9rs, @jjped1, @MajorBlixem, @Shock_Gee, @vsfit, @Diggypow, @Akzl298, @Whitey093, @Alexrider007, @Jw_wk1010, @Kaybee9000, @Ranchero66, @Faisal Lhan, @Nascarcory

Attached Files:

stelephant and Nick Cannella like this.