◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Since the Sabres didn’t make the playoffs - and haven’t since 2011. I am going to post this here (first of a series) for now and still watch NHL fun.

House Tully - “Family, Duty, Honor”

View attachment 814624

I started reading A Song of Ice and Fire (the book series that GoT is based on) when A Feast for Crows came out in 2005. That was book #4 (of 7) in the series, and I was eagerly awaiting book #5 throughout 2006 and 2007. It didn't come. So I did a couple re-reads (~3,000 pages each read through at that time), and got more and more obsessed with the series. Then 2008, 2009, and 2010 happened. Still no book #5.

Then 2011 happened, and guess what??? Not only was book #5 (A Dance with Dragons) released, but a Game of Thrones was starting on HBO and all of my non-nerd friends actually knew who Tyrion, Dany, and Arya were. I couldn't believe my luck. My nerd passion had become mainstream and I felt better than everyone else for knowing all the spoilers (e.g. Ned, Red Winning, etc.) before anyone else. As long as the book series finished before the show, I was living the dream.

Now it's 2019 and there's still no book #6 (The Winds of Winter), Game of Thrones is starting the final season, and I have to avoid spoilers like the plague because I refuse to be spoiled by a TV show after the hundreds of hours I've put into the series.

Also note that book #5 didn't have any updates from certain characters (e.g. Sansa) since it took place at the same time as book #4, so I've been waiting 14 YEARS to get an update.

Sorry, rant over. Feel free to enjoy the show like a normal person.

I started reading A Song of Ice and Fire (the book series that GoT is based on) when A Feast for Crows came out in 2005. That was book #4 (of 7) in the series, and I was eagerly awaiting book #5 throughout 2006 and 2007. It didn't come. So I did a couple re-reads (~3,000 pages each read through at that time), and got more and more obsessed with the series. Then 2008, 2009, and 2010 happened. Still no book #5.

Then 2011 happened, and guess what??? Not only was book #5 (A Dance with Dragons) released, but a Game of Thrones was starting on HBO and all of my non-nerd friends actually knew who Tyrion, Dany, and Arya were. I couldn't believe my luck. My nerd passion had become mainstream and I felt better than everyone else for knowing all the spoilers (e.g. Ned, Red Winning, etc.) before anyone else. As long as the book series finished before the show, I was living the dream.

Now it's 2019 and there's still no book #6 (The Winds of Winter), Game of Thrones is starting the final season, and I have to avoid spoilers like the plague because I refuse to be spoiled by a TV show after the hundreds of hours I've put into the series.

Also note that book #5 didn't have any updates from certain characters (e.g. Sansa) since it took place at the same time as book #4, so I've been waiting 14 YEARS to get an update.

Sorry, rant over. Feel free to enjoy the show like a normal person.
I can only imagine. I am sure his consulting on the television series didn’t help him write any faster.

At least you got to live in the “mainstream” conversation for a while - and even know what most people were going to be talking about.

I really hope he gets the next books published soon so that you can enjoy the print versions. A Dream of Spring will really be a great read - if it gets published sooner than the past wait. It also stinks that he wrote books in the same timeframe - even if it was to build the characters stories.

Hope you enjoy the liveries I will be creating.

If anyone's looking to step their game up I suggest checking out @Tidgney 's driving school. Hes up there with the fastest guys in Europe and knows what hes doing. He just released the latest installment today. Hes also a pretty entertaining streamer and is the sole reason why I chose Audi for FIA Manufacturers this season. Since they race before us in NA, I have a guideline to go off before I race.

If anyone's looking to step their game up I suggest checking out @Tidgney 's driving school. Hes up there with the fastest guys in Europe and knows what hes doing. He just released the latest installment today. Hes also a pretty entertaining streamer and is the sole reason why I chose Audi for FIA Manufacturers this season. Since they race before us in NA, I have a guideline to go off before I race.
i've been watching this kid on and off for a couple years. reminds me of @Marcus Garvey the way he breaks down the circuit.

Then there is no point in sharing ANYTHING anymore. Just have official SNAIL streams and that’s it; no other videos will be allowed.
Don't confuse new members. You can post anything as long as it is not with the purpose to discuss or call out Incident Reports. However, if you want to post something, review the whole video for other things that may draw comments or attention. Think about an advertisement for a table. You take a photo of the table but you forgot about the mirror on the wall that reflects you are standing in you underwear taking the photo.....You will end up with more comments about you beer belly and hairy legs than the table)

There is not such a thing as an official SNAIL stream. Members broadcast their live streams for others to enjoy and for recruiting purposes.

what is the snail oficial stream? the saved races uploaded? please advise.
See above.
If you want to see the full replay of other divisions, you can download them by searching Tag #1 with the following convention (see the 4th paragraph)

Don't confuse new members. You can post anything as long as it is not with the purpose to discuss or call out Incident Reports. However, if you want to post something, review the whole video for other things that may draw comments or attention. Think about an advertisement for a table. You take a photo of the table but you forgot about the mirror on the wall that reflects you are standing in you underwear taking the photo.....You will end up with more comments about you beer belly and hairy legs than the table)

There is not such a thing as an official SNAIL stream. Members broadcast their live streams for others to enjoy and for recruiting purposes.

See above.
If you want to see the full replay of other divisions, you can download them by searching Tag #1 with the following convention (see the 4th paragraph)

Thanks for clarify

83140E00-64C1-4334-83A0-F5B61B605A72.png
I found this on the Current points at april season but not sure what the decimales mean

@Noob01_lmdead the decimals are used in case there is a tie. Have a look at the results from Sunday night:

tie.PNG

You, Bologna and bass were all tied with 77 pts. To decide the tie-breaker, whoever has the most golds breaks it. Bologna having 2, bass 1, you 0.

If two or more people are tied with the same amount of golds, the tie-breaker goes to whoever has the most silvers, and then bronze.

@Noob01_lmdead the decimals are used in case there is a tie. Have a look at the results from Sunday night:

View attachment 814647

You, Bologna and bass were all tied with 77 pts. To decide the tie-breaker, whoever has the most golds breaks it. Bologna having 2, bass 1, you 0.

If two or more people are tied with the same amount of golds, the tie-breaker goes to whoever has the most silvers, and then bronze.
Also - if I am not mistaken - the decimals don’t “stay”. They are used for toe (tie) breaking, but in the season stats they aren’t used for the overall points.

Edit - phone fix (thanks @Akzl298)

Last edited:

View attachment 814647

Understood

I need to work on the gold.

Thanks for the answer.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on April 14, 2019

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 87 (92.85 for Prize B)
  2. todally_lit_ ------ did not submit a vote
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. TheRaceReviewer --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. MalevolentFather -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. BradESPN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. MikeGrove --------- did not submit a vote
  8. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Neuttyy ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (52.15 for prize purposes only)
  2. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Nascarcory -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3
  1. Bologna_Duc ------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 77.2 (115.95 for Prize A)
  2. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Mully465 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Thrash_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Rogue_Clone ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. TONOLOZANO -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. WyldOne_1976 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 4
  1. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (90.71 for Prize C)
  2. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. NASCARNATE99 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. TTTtothetop ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Alexrider007 ------ did not submit a vote
  10. Scribble001 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 5
  1. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (71.94 for prize purposes only)
  2. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. xMicr0zx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. nog3861 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. NBG_Drifter_71 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. BooBooNite -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. diggypow ---------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - BMW M3 SPORTS EVOLUTION 1989 (SH) at Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II - 21:00 Clear (8 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Bologna_Duc wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - MCLAREN 650S GT3 2015 (RH) at Autódromo De Interlagos - 13:45 Fine Weather (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Timlour gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Fudman420 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Endurance tonight is the following

The first race will be.

Car: Chevrolet Corvette C7 (Gr. 3)
Track: Fuji International Speedway (Short)
Laps: 28
Tires: RH
Fuel/Tire Wear: Off

This will give you a chance to practice this combo more.

The second race of the night
If you only want to race this race, please post in the Endurance Thread that way we can ensure that you make it.

Choice between Super Formula DALLARA SF19 Honda OR Toyota
Class: GRX
Cost: $1,000,000.00
Tires: Racing Soft-Racing Hard
Tire Wear: 16X
Fuel Consumption: 8X
Venue: Blue Moon Bay Speedway-Infield A
Time: 10:30 Clear
Laps: 45
RACE SETTING SPECIFICS:
BOOST: WEAK
SLIPSTREAM: STRONG
OVERTAKE: DEFAULT

Yes we are trying something tonight and the mock races show promise. Join us. Let’s fill this room up so our data can be correct.

The first race will be.

If you only want to race this race, please post in the Endurance Thread that way we can ensure that you make it.

RACE SETTING SPECIFICS:

Yes we are trying something tonight and the mock races show promise. Join us. Let’s fill this room up so our data can be correct.
I have a feeling Race 2 is going to be very popular. What protocol is in place to ensure all FT drivers are provided a place on the grid? How will the other places be filled, first come, first serve?

I have a feeling Race 2 is going to be very popular. What protocol is in place to ensure all FT drivers are provided a place on the grid? How will the other places be filled, first come, first serve?
If it comes down to 2 rooms I’m sure @BradESPN will gladly allow 2 rooms.

If there is 1 extra. I’ll back out and watch a stream.

The first race will be.

RACE SETTING SPECIFICS:

If the old Pack Racing boost racing is anything to go by and combined with strong slipstream, you guys are gonna have a blast with that race.

View media item 2540This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
The IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 10 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, April 19, 2017.
Banner by @GamingPete

The stewards completed enough reviews before this post to declare the official prize winners. They are as follows:
1st prize winner = @basswerks1 He gets prize A
2nd prize winner = @Timlour He has the option to use the freeze or pass it to the 3rd prize winner and make a choice of car or track.
3rd prize winner = @Fudman420 He gets whichever prize the 2nd prize winner doesn't take.

All three of you will be included in a conversation with deadlines and instructions.

Back