◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,784 comments
1217821B-FD00-49E8-9A3C-D9A7F73F3DC3.jpeg

SPECIAL Press Conference for the SNAIL Super Formula Series.

Good afternoon my fellow drivers. Last Wednesday was the first test for the SNAIL Super Formula Series as much of you know. We learned a lot about the cars and the races and we realized changes needed to be made.

For starters we will be delaying the start of the season by another week. It was scheduled to start April 24th but will now begin May 1st.

On April 24th we will be doing another test to lock in our new race package to further make the series better.

We had 2 45 minute races and I do not believe an Endurance style race is the direction we need to go. We will leave that to the official Endurance Series. With the huge popularity to the Manufacturer & Nation Series we have decided that shorter races will be better.

The new schedule will have two 30 minute races instead of 45’s. The room will open at 8:30 and race 1 will begin at 8:45. With a 30 minute race (in lap form) the race will end hopefully at 9:15. 9:30 will start race 2 and we will end at 10:00 EST. It’s not like Sundays when we all have the entire night. The new format cuts out 45 minutes of unneeded time. Wednesday’s are a more difficult time to make so shorter races will make it easier to commit.

With shorter races we will be adding more of a mix. Before the rules were use Racing Hard & Softs at least once with Fuel at x3 and Tires at x5. The NEW rules will be all 4 Racing Tires (SuperSoft, Soft, Medium, and Hard) will be available. You must use at least 2 compounds of your choice. The fuel will now be at x6 & x7 for the test races, and Tire wear will be at x19!

This Wednesday we will be holding our 2nd test on April 24th at 8:30 pm EST with 20 laps at Barcelona & 19 laps at Dragon Trail - Seaside.

I hope everyone enjoys the changes. I hope everyone can make next weeks race and if you didn’t enjoy last week or maybe you did, come on back and try it again. Thank you to everyone who helped last week, the data and way everyone drove I watched everyone’s race and learned ALOT. So next week we will try again.

If anyone's looking to step their game up I suggest checking out @Tidgney 's driving school. Hes up there with the fastest guys in Europe and knows what hes doing. He just released the latest installment today. Hes also a pretty entertaining streamer and is the sole reason why I chose Audi for FIA Manufacturers this season. Since they race before us in NA, I have a guideline to go off before I race.

Very kind mate, thanks for the words!

Snail has a weekly Endurance Series - Pit Strategy plays a big part of the events.
Look on the Snail Index Thread. Always looking for Clean, Competitive Drivers.
As far as endurance racing online goes, I'm primarily interested in multi-class format. Adds a bit difficulty paying attention to different groups. Weekday racing is always up in the air for me, never know when I'll get out of work. B-spec was great, kind of made you feel like a car owner. What I'd like to see, is b-spec make a return, with online races

As far as endurance racing online goes, I'm primarily interested in multi-class format. Adds a bit difficulty paying attention to different groups. Weekday racing is always up in the air for me, never know when I'll get out of work. B-spec was great, kind of made you feel like a car owner. What I'd like to see, is b-spec make a return, with online races
Multi class is difficult with a 16 car field that usually only shows 10 cars weekly. We tried that.

Multi class is difficult with a 16 car field that usually only shows 10 cars weekly. We tried that.
I know. I did a multi-class endurance race 2 weeks ago, only one class showed up, lol. People have lives, hard to schedule time around a game

I noticed something while updating the drivers list and driver probation this week.

We currently have 64 active drivers that have raced in the last two seasons.
We currently have 32 active drivers on probation.

I don't ever remember a time when half the drivers were on probation. To top it off, I, and the other stewards have noticed an increased level of aggression pretty much across the board and have seen a lot of incidents that should have been reported that were not so this number could / should be quite a bit higher.

Now, if everyone would clean it up a little bit, respect the space of other drivers on track, and use a little common sense that number could / should be much lower moving forward.

full

full

full

Happy Easter everyone, did you know some banners contain easter eggs?

The first appeared on September 17, 2017 and the most recent appeared March 3, 2019

There are a few technical bloopers too. An entire era of autonomous cars which really bugged me and apparently no one ever noticed. Here is a good example. This was due to how huge the photos were and my trying to get good photos in a workable size, which is part of the reason behind the nifty color bar post in the media thread.

Back