◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Why are we choosing something that has been ran MULTIPLE times already. Think outside the box.

Edit: I am not meaning to “tally” up the votes with this.
Could be because it's fun and people know the car so it's less about learning the car and getting straight into racing.

It's that time of year again. With no Sunday night racing scheduled on May 26th (Memorial Day weekend) we have an opportunity to put together a Holiday Event.

Heres what we ran last year:

Banner.PNG

This would've been a good opportunity for Survivor Series #3 to be run, but with my wheel out of commission for the time being I dont think I'll have enough time to test and tune once I get it back up and running.

So its wide open for anyone that wants to throw something together. If you already have something in mind, pitch it in the Holiday Event thread. Looking for someone to take the reigns and run with it, or have everyone as a group come up with something for all to enjoy. Head there for discussion.

It's that time of year again. With no Sunday night racing scheduled on May 26th (Memorial Day weekend) we have an opportunity to put together a Holiday Event.

Heres what we ran last year:

View attachment 821411

This would've been a good opportunity for Survivor Series #3 to be run, but with my wheel out of commission for the time being I dont think I'll have enough time to test and tune once I get it back up and running.

So its wide open for anyone that wants to throw something together. If you already have something in mind, pitch it in the Holiday Event thread. Looking for someone to take the reigns and run with it, or have everyone as a group come up with something for all to enjoy. Head there for discussion.

Okay guys. Head over to Holiday thread and check out the proposals!

Voting is complete and the Lancia Stratos is the choice for prize B this week.
Based on other cars of similar performance, I'll guess a lap time of around 1:50 for 6 laps.... if you can keep the tail behind.... Car sounds awesome though from what I remember from a test drive some time ago. Please confirm after tonight's practice if 6 laps are good.

Sunday, May 19, 2019 Lineup
May 2019 Season - League Night #3

1. MINI COOPER 'S' 1965 on CS Tires @ Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II - 18:40 Clear - (10 Laps)
2. LANCIA STRATOS 1973 on SH Tires @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 11:30 Fine Weather - (6 Laps)
3. BMW M4 GR.4 on SS Tires @ Suzuka Circuit - 15:45 Clear - (5 Laps)

I love democracy. I respect the process even if I don't always agree with the outcomes. Although I would have preferred something different to the Toyota I would have still had a good time on Sunday in a fun to drive car.

Nevertheless, in a sort of peaceful protest if you will, I had prepared a bold new livery for Sunday's race in case the Toyota made the cut.

20190516180104.jpg

Attachments

• 20190516180104.jpg
    20190516180104.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 14
Will there be practice tonight? Since we're not racing on Sunday...

You got your Sundays mixed up:

May 2019 Season
  • League Night #1 - May 5
  • League Night #2 - May 12
  • League Night #3 - May 19
  • May 26 - No league night because of Memorial Day weekend
  • League Night #4 - June 2
I'll have a lobby up shortly even though I'm exhausted and still on the sticks.

You got your Sundays mixed up:

May 2019 Season
  • League Night #1 - May 5
  • League Night #2 - May 12
  • League Night #3 - May 19
  • May 26 - No league night because of Memorial Day weekend
  • League Night #4 - June 2
I'll have a lobby up shortly even though I'm exhausted and still on the sticks.

I can host for D3-D5 lobby tonight.

I have read the first post and would like to join. I heard about snail while going through the lobbies and found a practice session. the people there were nice and inviting

@Nestlechoc

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add CoachMK21, JLBowler, nmcp1, zer05ive, Rednose58, MajorBlixem & SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Do not post a running total of the votes. If you want to know, count it up and keep it to yourself to limit the influence on other voters.

Let me see if I understand this. Don't post a tally of the votes because that might influence the way people choose to vote; however, there are no repercussions should you choose to ignore this and tally anyway. At the same time, complaining about the votes already cast in an effort to influence the voting is perfectly acceptable.

Why are we choosing something that has been ran MULTIPLE times already. Think outside the box.

Edit: I am not meaning to “tally” up the votes with this.

I couldn't agree more. All this band wagon jumping on the SF-R is actually very unoriginal. There are plenty of cars that have not even made one appearance since game inception. Have some originality....

Maybe we should do away with voting and just let our "betters" choose for us. They seem to think they know the way for all of us, and they can save us from our unoriginal selves.

Back