Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Bubdub804

Bubdub804

OMG

TomMang_68 and GTP_Guido like this.
  2. Neutty

Neutty Premium

@Rednose58 could you direct @Bubdub804 to the previous combos so we can try to keep it fresh?

Rednose58 likes this.
  3. stelephant

stelephant Premium

Data for D4 is complete for 6/9.

Edit: Date fix

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  4. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
    The IR Submission Form is now closed.
    We have 4 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on 6/14/19.
    Banner by @GamingPete

All prize winners will be included in a conversation which will include instructions and deadlines.
    @Bubdub804 @SAMHAIN85 @Rogue Clone

nmcp1 likes this.
  5. Rednose58

Rednose58

@Bubdub804

Click on this link (it is also in my signature) to see the eligible cars and tracks. Click on the tabs in the spreadsheet to see the basic history

GTP_Guido likes this.
  6. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

GTP_Guido likes this.
  7. Rogue Clone

Rogue Clone

Guess again
    I signed the manufacture contact

TexasJDC likes this.
  8. Rogue Clone

Rogue Clone

Wait, which combo?

9. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Results post has all the info

10. o8_jedi

o8_jedi

Two posts in a row? You know what that means!

Rogue Clone, Herimopp89 and Raw10_2u like this.
  11. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Since both my GTP ID and PSN id would be too long to put on the car since Driver names are required. Would just putting RC30 be acceptable on the left side, right side of car or are the driver names just the names that appear on top of the vehicle in the races?

12. Rednose58

Rednose58

In the car list in my signature I added another page in the spreadsheet where you can browse the cars by group that have not made an appearance in Snail yet.

There is nothing wrong with bringing an old or personal favorite back (winning a prize for some might be a one-off experience), but sometimes you could be surprised to see that there are a few good cars available that have not seen the light of day yet.

List of cars with no SNAIL appearance

TEX36, stelephant, Mully465 and 3 others like this.
  13. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

That’s some list of non appearance and certainly gives one plenty of options to test/consider.

14. VetteVillain

VetteVillain

I have read the first post and would like to re-join, however, my commitment for the summer months will be about 75% and then full time during fall and winter months.
    I joined a few years ago and recently I've been popping in and out of practice lobbies with old friends/acquaintances such as @gulfvet67 @Raw10_2u and others that I'm sorry I don't recall. Will be great racin wth you all again.

stelephant, Raw10_2u, THRASH and 7 others like this.
  15. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

This week in SNAIL

Tonight 6/11

8xu1BA8.jpg Link to thread

Wednesday 6/12

vxczoLl.jpg

Link to thread

Thursday 6/13

Rwr7ENR.png Official Practice Night
    Lobbies Open @ 9PM EST

Friday 6/14
    Saturday 6/15

Open. Have an idea for a new series? Click here

Sunday 6/16

Rwr7ENR.png

Official League Night

Monday 6/17

SIR - logo.jpg

Link to thread

PCARS 2:

sWzYgWO.png

Link to thread

SNAILTimeTrial (3).jpg

Throughout the week you can run the SNAIL Time Trials at your convenience.

If you're free Saturday nights I highly recommend checking out the ARL GR3 Series. Very active and fun series which uses sim damage and accelerated fuel and tire wear.

We've had many ARL members join up in SNAIL and they are due for some advertising here.​

16. nmcp1

nmcp1

@VetteVillain

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add CoachMK21, JLBowler, nmcp1, zer05ive, Rednose58, MajorBlixem & SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

17. gulfvet67

gulfvet67

i am sorry to say that I will no longer be participating in this league. When the OLR talks about good driver etiquette and driving as gentlemen. Part 4 rule B states pushing a car off track is strictly prohibited. Especially if the person involved made no attempt to race either race. Showing what I believe as lack of practice, also in OLR. I have truly enjoyed my time with You all but have no faith in the System. Good Luck

18. Mully465

Mully465

Data for D2 entered for 6/9

Rednose58 and stelephant like this.
  19. TomMang_68

TomMang_68

@gulfvet67 If you have an objection to any steward decision all you need to do is start a pm with your division steward and request a explanation. Hate to see you drop the mic after 1 incident vs so many fun years of racing.
    PM me so we can set up a time to review the incident together

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  20. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

In what seems like it's become a weekly reminder. When you file an IR and the race time is asked for, it means you should enter the race time which is in the lower left corner of the screen and not the replay time which is located in the lower center of the screen. Please try and get the correct information on IRs as it makes the stewards job just a little easier.

Nick Cannella and basswerks1 like this.
  21. basswerks1

basswerks1

I Have completed my reviews of the Four incidents on file this week.

stelephant and TomMang_68 like this.
  22. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

@Rogue Clone

Please read the prize winners conversation that you are included in.

THRASH likes this.
  23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

At this point in the week, we have an absentee prize winner.

As a result of this, if you raced in D3 this week, you get to vote to freeze the Fugu Z or Suzuka Circuit 15:45 Fine Weather.

• Cast you vote by posting in this thread. Simply saying car or track is fine as well as the name of the car or track.
    • The deadline to vote will be 3PM ET on Wednesday or when a majority if reached.
    • You only get to vote if you raced and you only get one vote.
    • You may not edit your post to change your vote. Doing so will result in your vote being nullified.
    • Please do not post an update on the votes in the thread. If anyone wants to know, they can count them for themselves.

Once voting is complete, @SAMHAIN85 will be clear to choose a new car or track.

@WildOne1976 @GTP_Guido @racingchamp30 @TomMang_68 @Bud__Greene @TEX36 @N38824r @o8_jedi

N38824r and thracerviewr like this.
  24. o8_jedi

o8_jedi

I vote to freeze the car.

25. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

I vote to freeze Suzuka Circuit 15:45 Fine Weather.

TexasJDC likes this.
  26. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Freeze the car

27. WildOne1976

WildOne1976

I vote to freeze the car Fugu Z

28. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

29. THRASH

THRASH

Tonight is the SNAIL Super Formula Series! We will be running a test night for a new format that includes 2 shorter races with the 2nd race being a reverse starting Grid like Sunday nights. Faster drivers from race 1 get slower tires and drivers who finished in the back get SuperSofts. The tracks this evening are Barcelona & Nurburgring GP/F. Head over to the thread if you’re interested. It’s gonna be a fun night!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-super-formula-series.386803/

30. Bud__Greene

Bud__Greene

Freeze the track.

TexasJDC likes this.