Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Yea, I believe it was added in the last update. Helps make replays and those that do live broadcast look that more much authentic. Check out Half The Race Gone on YouTube. They broadcast and commentate on different series here on GTPlanet :tup:

man69800 likes this.
  2. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Good thing I didn’t make this awesome pick (@man69800) because the car would have been . . .
    944BFA03-E38D-4FC1-8C70-6521FDB07F83.jpeg
    Horse Thief is one of the few tracks that support this car. Giddy up.

3. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Race Date: 9/8/19
    Currently tracking 4 Incident Reports
    We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.
    The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.
    :@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​
    The IR Submission Form is now closed.

All potential prize winners will be included in a conversation that will contain instructions and deadlines.

Raw10_2u, Rob Brown and nmcp1 like this.
  4. IDreamInGT3

IDreamInGT3

20190910_143853.jpg Got my G29 today. A wee bit of building out and now I can drive.

5. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

Near identical seating geometry to my rig. Also a repurposed desk, with some furniture clamps added.

Only suggestion is for something in the 30-32" screen size range, I like to keep the screen about 17-18" forward of the top of the wheel. For whatever reason running it farther away feels disconnected and running it closer feels crowded and distorted. Play around see what feels right to you.

Enjoy it. :tup:

6. IDreamInGT3

IDreamInGT3

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    man69800 likes this.
  7. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

What distance do you recomend for a 65 inch screen?

JamCar0ne and man69800 like this.
  8. stelephant

stelephant

upload_2019-9-10_20-37-11.jpeg
    Starting point - found metric for you

9. Nascarcory

Nascarcory

Not gonna be able to run tonight still at work

10. Rednose58

Rednose58

For a FOV of 71degrees you need to be 39 inches

upload_2019-9-10_18-59-38.png

11. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

man69800 likes this.
  12. Rednose58

Rednose58

Field of View

13. Gr8_Lakes

Gr8_Lakes Premium

You know, I always disliked the Willow tracks in GT6/GTSport. But then when I got to drive them in PCars/PCars 2 I absolutely fell in love with them. HUGE difference! While the layouts themself are almost exact, there's just a lack of tire feeling in GT. You never know when the tires are going to "let go." It's just so numb. And that's what makes a super fast track like Big Willow so great - you're almost always on the edge. But in GT you don't feel that edge. You're under it, or over it. On the track, or off it. I'm seriously hopeful that this Michelin tire partnership brings the necessary feeling to GT that'll make tracks like Willow feel as awesome as they should. And believe me!, I'm no hater of GTSport. Lately I've had so little time to invest in playing racing games, I've been enjoying the convenience of GTSport's just turn it on, play a little, and turn it off.

On a separate note, if you start at the top of this page and scroll down really fast, does that door, chair, door frame, and rig picture look weird? I had to scroll back up to see what it was. Either you see it or you don't. :sick:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  14. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

I don't have to jockey for position on Sunday night, but from a pure driving perspective the 22b and the Roadster Touring combo were two of the most enjoyable I've driven.

man69800 likes this.
  15. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Akzl298 likes this.
  16. man69800

man69800

The roadster touring combo is probably one of my most favorite thus far. The 22b one...well, practicing it on your own is pretty fun, but I’ve realized how hard it is to past cleanly in an actual race. That being said, I think Horse Thief Mile would make a great 1v1 track, due to how intense the racing is and how punishing it is to go off track

17. Rednose58

Rednose58

man69800 likes this.
  18. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

My selection for price A
    Autódromo interlagos
    Time 13:45 fine weather

Car
    Volkswagen GTI Vision Gran turismo Gr3
    Cr. 1,000,000.
    Tires RH
    Mid time: 1:33.5

Hope you enjoy it

Akzl298, man69800, TEX36 and 3 others like this.
  19. Neutty

Neutty Premium

GTP_Guido and man69800 like this.
  20. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

if you take rally cars on sport softs it is a blast just saying

man69800, Phlano099 and GTP_Guido like this.
  21. Rednose58

Rednose58

At Red Bull Ring Short Track - 07:45 Fine Weather, we will race the......
    upload_2019-9-12_8-15-32.png

Mid div time is about 1:03 for 11 laps

22. Rednose58

Rednose58

Sunday, September 15, 2019 Lineup
    September 2019 Season - League Night #2

1. HONDA S2000 1999 on SH Tires @ Red Bull Ring Short Track - 07:45 Fine Weather - (11 Laps)
    2. VOLKSWAGEN GTI VISION GRAN TURISMO GR.3 on RH Tires @ Autódromo De Interlagos - 13:45 Fine Weather - (7 Laps)
    3. PORSCHE 962 C 1988 on RM Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa II - 11:30 Fine Weather - (8 Laps)

Details here

Also, the banners for last week have been posted.
    and the August Season banners have been archived
    Thanks @GTP_Guido

23. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

This Field of View (FoV) topic is fascinating information. Love the confidence of the guy in the video, especially his stance on cockpit view (which I endorse). However, I’m not aware of GTS having any FoV adjustability. If that’s not so, please someone correct/inform me. In project cars 2, I have adjusted the in cockpit FoV settings to my liking but not to a technically correct calculation. Interesting that I may be missing speed cues from improper FoV. (I could further imagine that bumper, bonnet, roof and behind-car camera views are not relevant to FoV for speed awareness since they are not realistic in any case).

My review of 4 incidents on file this week are complete.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Noob01_lmdead likes this.
  24. Rednose58

Rednose58

It is believed that GTS' fixed FOV is somewhere between 70 - 72 Degrees. It is slightly different for the different camera locations but it is all in that range. Now you can do a bit of math and see how far you need to be to hit that angle.

I'm looking forward to the next gen VR with High Resolution and availability in all facets of the game. I may have to cut the neighbors' grass to get some cash to afford it.......

25. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Need clarification on the car.
    Group X is 1,000,000 and group 3 is 450,000. Your post describes Grp 3 vision at 1,000,000 (which doesn’t exist). Some will be thrilled to spend 55% less than what you originally posted! :)

BF028083-54F4-48E3-A5A6-83C3D193C211.jpeg
    F751CB5B-2791-4583-AE5A-985DBC163D16.jpeg
    It seems that for my distance to the screen I need a 55 inch monitor for proper FoV. Right now I’m using a 42”. Hey everybody, this is my excuse for not driving to my potential!
    Edit: . . . and before somebody tells me just to move closer to my existing monitor, please don’t take away my need to shop. I mean, there must be a trace of estrogen somewhere in me! . . . and that’s not an invitation for wise cracks for you delinquents out there.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Noob01_lmdead and Gr8_Lakes like this.
  26. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The in game name of the car is correct to the Gr.3 version and the name is what we stress to be correct so that is the choice.

@Rednose58 already has it added to the combos correctly.

man69800, Noob01_lmdead and Rob Brown like this.
  27. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

Sorry for the confusión
    Is the gr3. For 450 000

man69800, Phlano099 and TEX36 like this.
  28. CPT_RowdyGiff

CPT_RowdyGiff

I’ve read the first post and I’m interested in joining. Found snail via gtplanet forum.

29. nmcp1

nmcp1

@CPT_RowdyGiff
    Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add CoachMK21, JLBowler, nmcp1, zer05ive, Rednose58, MajorBlixem & SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Neutty and GTP_Guido like this.
  30. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

Good choice :cheers:

Marcus Garvey likes this.