◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
full

full

full

Did you guys notice that you can view replays now in cockpit view too for all the racers. I think you only had cockpit view available for your own car in the past.
Yea, I believe it was added in the last update. Helps make replays and those that do live broadcast look that more much authentic. Check out Half The Race Gone on YouTube. They broadcast and commentate on different series here on GTPlanet 👍

Thank Lord that willow springs combo was voted off....that track was fun but i had an off and almost cost someone else the race because of a reset...the dumbest thing ever
Good thing I didn’t make this awesome pick (@man69800) because the car would have been . . .
944BFA03-E38D-4FC1-8C70-6521FDB07F83.jpeg
Horse Thief is one of the few tracks that support this car. Giddy up.

View media item 2540Race Date: 9/8/19
Currently tracking 4 Incident Reports
We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.
The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.
:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​
The IR Submission Form is now closed.

All potential prize winners will be included in a conversation that will contain instructions and deadlines.

Near identical seating geometry to my rig. Also a repurposed desk, with some furniture clamps added.

Only suggestion is for something in the 30-32" screen size range, I like to keep the screen about 17-18" forward of the top of the wheel. For whatever reason running it farther away feels disconnected and running it closer feels crowded and distorted. Play around see what feels right to you.

Enjoy it. 👍

Near identical seating geometry to my rig. Also a repurposed desk, with some furniture clamps added.

Only suggestion is for something in the 30-32" screen size range, I like to keep the screen about 17-18" forward of the top of the wheel. For whatever reason running it farther away feels disconnected and running it closer feels crowded and distorted. Play around see what feels right to you.

Enjoy it. 👍

What distance do you recomend for a 65 inch screen?

Thank Lord that willow springs combo was voted off....that track was fun but i had an off and almost cost someone else the race because of a reset...the dumbest thing ever
You know, I always disliked the Willow tracks in GT6/GTSport. But then when I got to drive them in PCars/PCars 2 I absolutely fell in love with them. HUGE difference! While the layouts themself are almost exact, there's just a lack of tire feeling in GT. You never know when the tires are going to "let go." It's just so numb. And that's what makes a super fast track like Big Willow so great - you're almost always on the edge. But in GT you don't feel that edge. You're under it, or over it. On the track, or off it. I'm seriously hopeful that this Michelin tire partnership brings the necessary feeling to GT that'll make tracks like Willow feel as awesome as they should. And believe me!, I'm no hater of GTSport. Lately I've had so little time to invest in playing racing games, I've been enjoying the convenience of GTSport's just turn it on, play a little, and turn it off.

On a separate note, if you start at the top of this page and scroll down really fast, does that door, chair, door frame, and rig picture look weird? I had to scroll back up to see what it was. Either you see it or you don't. :ill:

Last edited:
I don't have to jockey for position on Sunday night, but from a pure driving perspective the 22b and the Roadster Touring combo were two of the most enjoyable I've driven.

I don't have to jockey for position on Sunday night, but from a pure driving perspective the 22b and the Roadster Touring combo were two of the most enjoyable I've driven.
The roadster touring combo is probably one of my most favorite thus far. The 22b one...well, practicing it on your own is pretty fun, but I’ve realized how hard it is to past cleanly in an actual race. That being said, I think Horse Thief Mile would make a great 1v1 track, due to how intense the racing is and how punishing it is to go off track

The roadster touring combo is probably one of my most favorite thus far. The 22b one...well, practicing it on your own is pretty fun, but I’ve realized how hard it is to past cleanly in an actual race. That being said, I think Horse Thief Mile would make a great 1v1 track, due to how intense the racing is and how punishing it is to go off track

if you take rally cars on sport softs it is a blast just saying

Sunday, September 15, 2019 Lineup
September 2019 Season - League Night #2

1. HONDA S2000 1999 on SH Tires @ Red Bull Ring Short Track - 07:45 Fine Weather - (11 Laps)
2. VOLKSWAGEN GTI VISION GRAN TURISMO GR.3 on RH Tires @ Autódromo De Interlagos - 13:45 Fine Weather - (7 Laps)
3. PORSCHE 962 C 1988 on RM Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa II - 11:30 Fine Weather - (8 Laps)

Details here

Also, the banners for last week have been posted.
and the August Season banners have been archived
Thanks @GTP_Guido

For a FOV of 71degrees you need to be 39 inches

View attachment 849952

Field of View

This Field of View (FoV) topic is fascinating information. Love the confidence of the guy in the video, especially his stance on cockpit view (which I endorse). However, I’m not aware of GTS having any FoV adjustability. If that’s not so, please someone correct/inform me. In project cars 2, I have adjusted the in cockpit FoV settings to my liking but not to a technically correct calculation. Interesting that I may be missing speed cues from improper FoV. (I could further imagine that bumper, bonnet, roof and behind-car camera views are not relevant to FoV for speed awareness since they are not realistic in any case).

My review of 4 incidents on file this week are complete.

Last edited:
This Field of View (FoV) topic is fascinating information. Love the confidence of the guy in the video, especially his stance on cockpit view (which I endorse). However, I’m not aware of GTS having any FoV adjustability. If that’s not so, please someone correct/inform me. In project cars 2, I have adjusted the in cockpit FoV settings to my liking but not to a technically correct calculation. Interesting that I may be missing speed cues from improper FoV. (I could further imagine that bumper, bonnet, roof and behind-car camera views are not relevant to FoV for speed awareness since they are not realistic in any case).

My review of 4 incidents on file this week are complete.

It is believed that GTS' fixed FOV is somewhere between 70 - 72 Degrees. It is slightly different for the different camera locations but it is all in that range. Now you can do a bit of math and see how far you need to be to hit that angle.

I'm looking forward to the next gen VR with High Resolution and availability in all facets of the game. I may have to cut the neighbors' grass to get some cash to afford it.......

My selection for price A
Autódromo interlagos
Time 13:45 fine weather

Car
Volkswagen GTI Vision Gran turismo Gr3
Cr. 1,000,000.
Tires RH
Mid time: 1:33.5

Hope you enjoy it
Need clarification on the car.
Group X is 1,000,000 and group 3 is 450,000. Your post describes Grp 3 vision at 1,000,000 (which doesn’t exist). Some will be thrilled to spend 55% less than what you originally posted! :)

BF028083-54F4-48E3-A5A6-83C3D193C211.jpeg
F751CB5B-2791-4583-AE5A-985DBC163D16.jpeg
It is believed that GTS' fixed FOV is somewhere between 70 - 72 Degrees. It is slightly different for the different camera locations but it is all in that range. Now you can do a bit of math and see how far you need to be to hit that angle.

I'm looking forward to the next gen VR with High Resolution and availability in all facets of the game. I may have to cut the neighbors' grass to get some cash to afford it.......
It seems that for my distance to the screen I need a 55 inch monitor for proper FoV. Right now I’m using a 42”. Hey everybody, this is my excuse for not driving to my potential!
Edit: . . . and before somebody tells me just to move closer to my existing monitor, please don’t take away my need to shop. I mean, there must be a trace of estrogen somewhere in me! . . . and that’s not an invitation for wise cracks for you delinquents out there.

Last edited:
Back