Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. GTP_Guido

GTP_Guido Premium

2. Rednose58

Rednose58

Phlano099 and GTP_Guido like this.
  3. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

4. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on October 6, 2019

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
    1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (86.60 for Prize B)
    2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    3. Neuttyy ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    4. Herimopp89 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    5. TheRaceReviewer --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    7. MikeGrove --------- did not submit a vote
    8. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    9. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    10. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    Division 2
    1. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 85 (74.43 for Prize C)
    2. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    3. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    4. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    5. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    7. Ghost_Shadow6 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    8. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    9. CPT_RowdyGiff ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    Division 3
    1. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 80 (92.11 for Prize A)
    2. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    3. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    4. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    5. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    6. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
    7. NerdFam6 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    8. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    9. nog3861 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    10. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    11. NBG_Drifter_71 ---- did not submit a vote
    12. TTTtothetop ------- did not submit a vote
    13. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
    Round 1 - NISSAN FAIRLADY Z 300ZX TWIN TURBO 2SEATER 1989 (SM) at Sardegna - Road Track - C - 06:20 Clear (10 laps)
    Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Akzl298 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
    Round 2 - CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 1LE PACKAGE 2018 (RH) at Sardegna - Road Track - B - 06:20 Clear (8 laps)
    This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Timlour gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Grandpa Money so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
    See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
    See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

5. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
    The IR Submission Form is now closed.
    We have 1 incident on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Oct. 11, 2019
    Banner by @GamingPete

@Akzl298 @Timlour @Grandpa Money will be included in a conversation in the next few minutes that will contain instructions and deadlines.

gulfvet67, Noob01_lmdead and nmcp1 like this.
  6. Timlour

Timlour

Camaro's going in the freezer.

7. Grandpa Money

Grandpa Money

Nice ! , I'll find a good home for it.

8. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

Tokyo? :lol:

JamCar0ne and Akzl298 like this.
  9. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

https://twistedvoxel.com/ps4-firmware-update-7-00-full-changelog/

Main features in the PS4 system software update 7.00

PS4 firmware update 7.00 is available to download now in all regions. Here is the full changelog for this firmware update which adds some new features.

Ps4 firmware update 7.00 was announced by Sony earlier this week. The download size is roughly under 450 MB and the update file should be available on official servers now.

• The maximum number of people who can join a party has been increased from 8 to 16.
    • Chat transcription has been added, and accessibility has been improved.
      While in a party, use(PS4 Second Screen) on your smartphone or other mobile device to convert party voice chat to text, or to enter text to have it read aloud to other party members. This feature works only in English and is available only on PS4 systems sold in certain regions.
    • Network connectivity has been improved.
    • Audio quality of voice chat has been improved.
    • Remote Play can now be used on more devices. Besides Xperia™ devices, Remote Play can now be used on other smartphones and tablets running Android™ 5.0 or higher
      Download(PS4 Remote Play) from Google Play™ to use this feature. Additionally, for mobile devices running Android 10, you can now connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth® for Remote Play.
    *1. Download the latest version of PS4 Second Screen, available from Google Play™ or the App Store.
    *2. Remote Play may not be compatible with every device.
    *3. Depending on the device, certain features such as the touchpad and the vibration function may not be available.

Other updated features

• When using Remote Play on an iPhone or iPad, you can now do the following things. Select(Settings) on the Remote Play screen to switch to these settings.
    • iPhone or iPad: The controller can now be displayed at all times.
    • iPhone: You can now lock the screen orientation.
    • You can now use a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
      Update to the following OS to use this feature.
      iOS 13
      iPadOS 13
      macOS Catalina
    • Some features, such as the touchpad and the vibration function, may not be available on the iPhone and iPad.

10. Akzl298

Akzl298

Prize A:

@JLBowler @Rednose58

We are going under the lights!

Toyota Tundra TRD Pro 2019 Cr.55,000 SS Tyres
    @ Northern Isle Speedway 21:00
    Mid-Div Lap time is around 20 Sec.

New Vehicle AND track... should be fun

Fudman420 and Noob01_lmdead like this.
  11. Grandpa Money

Grandpa Money

Camaro will be going to :
    Suzuka Circuit
    Weather : 15:45 (default I think)
    Lap time around 2:10

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  12. Rednose58

Rednose58

Sunday, October 13, 2019 Lineup

October 2019 Season - League Night #2

1. TOYOTA TUNDRA TRD PRO 2019 on SS Tires @ Northern Isle Speedway - 21:00 Clear - (34 Laps)
    2. CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 1LE PACKAGE 2018 on RH Tires @ Suzuka Circuit - 15:45 Fine Weather - (5 Laps)
    3. TOYOTA TS050 HYBRID TOYOTA GAZOO RACING 2016 on RM Tires @ Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop - 07:40 Clear - (6 Laps)

More Detail

13. Fudman420

Fudman420

Can we add jumps down the front and backstretch like the stadium super trucks?!?!:cheers:

14. Drummer79

Drummer79

"I have read the first post and would like to join," and tell us how you heard about SNAIL. heard from fellow racer Nuetty

15. nmcp1

nmcp1

@Drummer79

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add CoachMK21, JLBowler, nmcp1, zer05ive, Rednose58, MajorBlixem & SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

GTP_Guido likes this.
  16. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

:lol:

I took it for a ride for a few laps last night debating whether to post some unsolicited suggestions for track selection, and Suzuka was my first choice. Good call.

17. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

I have raced May through August (4 months) without the use of ABS. The experience was enlightening and fun. It didn’t make me uncompetitive and certainly not to the extent of dropping a division.
    For the September season, I decided to go back to ABS. I came to the conclusion that although my racing experience was heightened, lap times typically suffered from half a second to 2 seconds in street cars. Race cars tend to be nearly equal in lap time. There are plenty of exceptions in each car type.
    Would have been awesome to start an ABS free revolution . . . but load cell brake pedals aren’t a dime a dozen.

18. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

If I am not competing, you will find me running no ABS nearly exclusively. One of my pre-real-race weekend practice tactics is to take my car out(GTSport has my real race car with a slightly different trim option) and run some laps on CS tyres and no ABS. With those parameters they just about nailed the balance of the car. Now if only they got some relevant tracks to practice on...

msgt-sd, Phlano099, man69800 and 2 others like this.
  19. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

How do you feel about the Weak ABS setting?

20. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

While not directed at me; I view the weak setting as a tuning tool in the context of tuning prohibited racing. It is another option at your disposal that can change the balance of a car that you otherwise cannot modify. Some cars react better than others to changes made to that setting.

DesertPenguin likes this.
  21. JamCar0ne

JamCar0ne

Which ABS have you gone back too and how do the two options feel?

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? It's been a while since I compared ABS weak to default but always found default to be very forgiving (especially with street cars). Default seemed to be more of a virtual ABS, like it gradually engaged or disengaged the brakes the harder you pressed the pedal.

I used weak ABS.

Marcus Garvey and DesertPenguin like this.
  22. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

Default abs is definitely more forgiving. Which in most cars causes them to tighten up under braking. I haven't played with it much (or GTS at all) in months, but I recall being significantly faster in certain cars with weak abs over the default setting. With the ability to move the braking force around with bias setting and still be able to drive the entries as aggressively with default abs, without having tested it I suspect it makes weak abs obsolete for that purpose in many cars.

For me weak abs would loosen up the car, allowing better rotation. Which is the main goal with most non-race cars.

JamCar0ne likes this.
  23. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Marcus has much more to say about weak versus default ABS than I do. I have confidence in what he writes because he hit the nail on the head regarding using no ABS in practice. I do the same thing because it helps me understand the car (no filters).
    Another driver inspired me to go from ABS default to weak. I never felt a difference to be honest. Within a couple weeks of running ABS weak, I turned it off altogether. I was enthralled immediately with being in complete control of every aspect of the car.
    You guys who haven’t played around with ABS off are missing out on a ship load of fun!
    I have completed my review of 1 incident on file.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  24. man69800

man69800

Woah, what’s your real life race car?

25. man69800

man69800

No ABS on the rally courses is something else. Lots of understeer if you brake too hard

26. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

Practice room open

0475-4153-3550-7369-0692

**Closed**

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Kgffy, Rednose58 and Nick Cannella like this.
  27. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Data for Division 3 has been entered and completed. (10/06/19)
    @Rednose58

Akzl298, stelephant and Rednose58 like this.
  28. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

Nothing special. Honda Civic hahaha.

29. Rednose58

Rednose58

SNAIL INVITATIONAL Room open
    0475-4153-6452-6919-3796

30. Rednose58

Rednose58