◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Isn’t it on Netflix as well?
Yes, it's on Netflix now. Part of my deal for taking my son to see the film again was for him to watch the 24 Hour War first. I wanted him to have a bit more appreciation for how much of the movie was truthful (most of it), how much was added for dramatic effect (a bit - but it's not intended to be a documentary), and mostly to fill some of the gaps that were kinda sped through to keep the movie within time constraints (mostly how many irons Carroll Shelby had in the fire at that time - and how much he was dependent on Ford for the success of his own business). So, we spent the morning watching 24 Hour War, and our evening at the theater. We loved Ford vs Ferrari the second time as much as the first.

Leaving the theater my son points out to me: "I never made the connection between the recent Ford GT program's cars being numbered 66, 67, 68, & 69, and how those were the years they won with the first generation Ford GTs." I had to admit I never made that connection myself, even though I knew the history. He's seriously becoming the master when it comes to car culture, and I couldn't be more proud!

upload_2019-11-24_16-48-56.png

The Snail Sunday Scoring Sheets have been prepared and is ready to go for tonight.

All hosts should start tonight's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to give someone who was already in the lobby their three minutes to return from the time they left, provided they are believed to have been disconnected, or to sort invisible driver issues.

Last night was probably the best 3 combos I think I’ve ever been a part of on Sunday nights!!

That being said, December will be my last “FULL- TIME” status on Sundays at least for the time being.

3:30am comes quick Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings and it’s starting to take its toll. Plus, ARL is booming and I think it’s time to put my focus in testing for new ideas and Series’!

If it wasn’t for SNAIL, I probably wouldn’t still be racing and “Hooked” like I am now.

View media item 2540
  • Are you dedicated to racing within the confines of the SNAIL OLR, with the highest level of sportmanship?
  • Can you commit 1-3 hours, or more, a week, to SNAIL, over and above what you may already be commited for?
  • Do you have the fortitude and stamina to expose your opinions regarding your peer's, friend's and league member's on track behavior?
If you answered yes, without qualification or hedging, to all of the above questions, please consider volunteering to be a SNAIL Steward. Be advised, asking to become a Steward doesn't automatically mean you will become one. Volunteers for stewardship are approved by committee. Should you decide to walk this path, please start a conversation with, @zer05ive, @nmcp1 , @JLBowler, @Rednose58 , @MajorBlixem , @SAMHAIN85 to express your interest in a position.​
Posting this again. SNAIL is currently looking for additional members to join the steward group. We will be posting this message throughout the rest of November and into December. Sometime in late December, the BoD will make a decision regarding any applicants and they will be notified at that time with an invitation to join the steward group. If you have already expressed an interest by starting a conversation with those listed above, please be patient as we continue to recruit and evaluate.

Back