Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on December 1, 2019

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
    1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 82 (84.00 for Prize A)
    2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 79 (80.93 for Prize C)
    3. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    4. Neuttyy ----------- did not submit a vote
    5. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. TheRaceReviewer --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    7. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    8. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    9. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 2
    10. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    11. Herimopp89 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    12. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    Division 2
    1. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 89 (75.54 for Prize B)
    2. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    3. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    4. basswerks1 -------- did not submit a vote
    5. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    7. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    8. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    9. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    10. Nascarcory -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    Division 3
    1. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 83 (Ineligible for Prize)
    2. NBG_Drifter_71 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    3. IDreamIn_GT3 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    4. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    5. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    6. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    7. nog3861 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    8. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    9. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    10. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    11. Onyx58 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    12. Stelephant -------- did not submit a vote
    13. Pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    14. Drummmer1979 ----- did not submit a vote

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
    Round 1 - TOYOTA S-FR 2015 (CS) at Broad Bean Raceway - 15:10 Clear (19 laps)
    Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @SAMHAIN85 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
    Round 2 - HONDA S2000 1999 (SH) at Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 16:45 Clear (4 laps)
    This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Fudman420 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Nicktune so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
    See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
    See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

TEX36 and soundtiger95 like this.
  2. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
    The IR Submission Form is now closed.
    We have 4 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, 12/6/19.
    Banner by @GamingPete

@SAMHAIN85 @Nicktune @Fudman420 will be included in a conversation in the next few minutes that will contain instructions and deadlines.

3. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

I know night results posted by @zer05ive but posted the replays so the tags can be searchable.

4. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Finished off the last two Lewis Hamilton challenges tonight. 10 gold awards. Not even going to try for diamond and beating Lewis' times. It's nice to have 31M credits in the bank, a 100M cap, and all the cars in the game at this time. I even managed to beat @Neutty 's time on Nurb GP and the Ring. I'm sure if he took 10 minutes, he could beat the time I put up but it's nice while it lasts.

5. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Hate to see you lose Prize A on a technicality @diehard racer

PM me if you have some suggestions and I'll pick something we both like

6. Neutty

Neutty

I’m going to let you have that time!!! I don’t plan to run that for a long time, maybe ever. Too many cuss words that night lol. Congrats though, that one was an animal and very tough. Every time I tried to do it, I was trying to beat Lewis, finally settled for something that’ll pass.

FREEREVN and Nick Cannella like this.
  7. diehard racer

diehard racer

It's all good, I appreciate the offer, but I will go with your pick.

8. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

On the GP course, I was ahead of Lewis until the exit of turn 4. He would pull me on exit and keep pulling until the last chicane. I could get a little back in the esses but not much. I got enough back in the chicane to lose a tenth in the last turn and still get gold.

On the Ring, I was ahead of Lewis until the Carosel turn. After that he started to drive away. I made up over a second in the last section after the long straight and made gold rather comfortably.

Out of the 10 challenges, Nurb GP and the Ring were the two toughest for me. Nurb GP because it took forever for me to find the last .15 that I needed and the Ring because I kept going off track. A lot of people are saying the Willow is the tough one but I did that one in two or three laps so I guess it's just based on the individual and how comfortable they are with each track.

Gr8_Lakes, Rob Brown and llNovall like this.
  9. Fudman420

Fudman420

10. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

share with u. Great D2 race

GTP_Guido and Nick Cannella like this.
  11. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Nice race! I wish that combo did not get voted off....oh well

12. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

13. gulfvet67

gulfvet67

the tag used was 2019121d3 i guessw there needed a zero so fixed with 20191201d3

Rob Brown likes this.
  14. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

It’s time to consider changing the cap from $1,000,000cr to $2,000,000cr for car prize selection! :lol::lol::lol:

BTW, I guess everybody knows their own way to make credits fast. “Ford versus Ferrari“ inspired me to do the campaign mode Circuit de Sarthe for $250,000 a pop. 2 laps takes less than 8 minutes. You can lap the AI in the first lap. Easy money!

Underlying motive; to see the A/C Cobra available in SNAIL ($2M). I’ve been driving it also since the movie. It is soo fun to drive!

15. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The DLC that allows someone to have the kind of credits that I mentioned is only available by paying for it. The in game economy for someone who does not purchase, or isn't able to complete, this DLC has not changed so there may not be a reason to consider a bump to the credit cap for car selection. It may be worth a discussion but the math hasn't changed outside of the paid DLC and the credit cap has always been in existence so that we don't have a barrier to the potential new player who hasn't been collecting cars and credits since the launch of the game.

JamCar0ne and Rob Brown like this.
  16. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

good change in camera focus to different cars.....

Nick Cannella likes this.
  17. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

I will have a Prize A test lobby open tonight around 9pm est and will make my selection after testing

Noob01_lmdead and Fudman420 like this.
  18. NASCARNATE91

NASCARNATE91

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/arl-cobra-cup-challenge.390921/

Rob Brown and Nick Cannella like this.
  19. Nicktune

Nicktune Premium

Freeze the car. (Prize C)

Kgffy and Marcus Garvey like this.
  20. Neutty

Neutty

Take a look into the endurance selection for tonight.

21. CANOWORMS1

CANOWORMS1

I have read the first post and would like to join. When I purchased GTS last March I Googled racing leagues and found SNAIL and it looks like what I'm interested in. I think I now know most of the tracks well enough to not be an out of control missile going into corners. I'm new to online forums so hints/instructions welcomed.

22. Fudman420

Fudman420

Prize B. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Layout
    9:00-cloudy
    Mid div 2:14.xxx

23. nmcp1

nmcp1

@CANOWORMS1

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add CoachMK21, JLBowler, nmcp1, zer05ive, Rednose58, MajorBlixem & SAMHAIN85 as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

24. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Oh right. Completely forgot about Endurance. I'll save testing for tomorrow then.

FREEREVN and Nick Cannella like this.
  25. Neutty

Neutty

I didn’t mean to put you on the spot for endurance tonight. What I meant was, check out the combo to see if it’s something you are interested in placing on Sunday. BUT, by all means, if you are wanting to race tonight jump on over there.

26. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

:cheers:

Kgffy likes this.
  27. Akzl298

Akzl298

D2 data for 12/1 complete.

Rednose58 likes this.
  28. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Prize A test lobby will be up shortly

29. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Lobby open

0475-4177-7529-5428-3076

30. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Prize A:

RE AMEMIYA FD3S RX-7 @ Sardegna Road Track B II (13:10 Clear)
    366hp // 2734lbs // SS Tires // N400
    1:37.000 mid div laptime

Both car and track will be making their first appearance in SNAIL as the car was just released in the last update. If you played GT5 and GT6 you might remember it.

RE_Amemiya_FD3S_RX-7.jpg

"An RX-7 tuned by the legendary tuning shop RE Amemiya."

The Amemiya µ Boost up 7 is a street machine created by the RE Amemiya corporation, the legendary tuner of rotary powered cars renowned for its activity in the Super GT and D1GP. The front, rear, side aerodynamic parts and the fixed position sleek light kit are all RE Amemiya original designs. RE Amemiya has a variety of aerodynamic parts available including even a GT replica kit, but this particular model has a presence that stands out from the others.

In terms of driving performance, the specs live up to the unique exterior. Though the turbo is kept stock and the power is only increased through additional boost, the car still produces over 365 BHP with a maximum boost of 1 kg, along with a maximum torque of 274.8 lb-ft. It is set up to produce abundant torque from the mid speed range.

It is also equipped with a horizontally mounted intercooler kit, an aftermarket air cleaner, dolphin tail exhaust muffler, and everything from the cooling system, accessories and exhaust system have been thoroughly revised.

In addition to these engine characteristics, the Quantum-based Amemiya spec adjustable suspension has been perfected to a level which draws out the true character of the FD3S as the ultimate cornering machine. In the Japanese DVD magazine "Hot Version", it was shown to be utterly undefeatable on winding roads, and was dubbed the "The demon-lord of mountain paths".

gulfvet67, Rob Brown, DublDee and 5 others like this.