◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
upload_2020-1-19_23-16-17.png

Scores for January 19 have been copied to Data
Summary

Speaking of apologies, big shout out to @JamCar0ne , @IDreamInGT3 GT3 and @Skills_19657 who suffered due to my ludicrous dive-bomb in turn 1, race 1 at Spa. What was I thinking? I must have been drinking...except I don't. In my defence I will say that I got discombobulated being way on the inside and never saw a braking point and that I did try to slam into the wall to slow, only to be bounced back onto the track, nailing Jam straight into IDream, and good job Skills. I think you were able to avoid the carnage I caused. Will you guys be witnesses at my IR hearing? LOL?

And to @COL_KLINK01: You're welcome. I cleared the field like a CFL lineman (not a spelling mistake). Everyone will think it's a northern conspiracy. It's so cold up here we do stick together.

PS, let me know of other incidents involving what you feel to be improper behaviour on my part. So many things to get better at.

Last edited:
2ND ANNUAL SNAIL SUPERBOWL POOL

SBpool.PNG

Link to sheet

So what is this?
Every SuperBowl Sunday thousands of these "Office Pools/squares" are used amongst friends and co-workers in the workplace or at parties to gamble on the game. No skill required - its all luck.

How does it work?
Instead of typing it all out here just watch this video. Its the shortest one I could find on Youtube.

Are we playing for money?
Yes and no. We're playing with $hells

How much per square and how many can I buy?
1 $hell per square and for right now the max amount you can buy is 5.

How do I buy one?
Just reply to this thread that you want X amount of $hells and I will randomly pick for you

Who do I send the $hells to?

I will be escrowing escargoting the entire 100 $hells.

How do I send?
Visit the link below and fill out the form. Make sure you select the recipient as SAMHAIN85
Click here for the $hell transfer sheet

What are the payouts?

Halftime score: $30 $hells
Final score: $70 $hells

When do we draw the numbers?
Once the sheet gets filled and all 100 squares are bought we will randomize the numbers. Last year we had @Neutty pull numbers/playing cards live on his stream. We'll do something similar again this year.

So now you've got something to look forward to while you watch the game. Once the game is over I'll transfer the winners their $hells.

I'll leave a link to this in my signature for the next few weeks to remind people about this. Dont be afraid to ask any questions. Were still a few weeks out from the SuperBowl but its never too early to start one of these. Good luck!

Current $hell balances:

If you currently have 0 $hells, now would be a good time to start earning them so you can enter into the pool.
Click to find out how to earn $hells

Last year's sheet/winners:

SBpool2.PNG

Also - @pubason has claimed his $10 Amazon card.​

Last edited:

View attachment 883313

Link to sheet

So what is this?
Every SuperBowl Sunday thousands of these "Office Pools/squares" are used amongst friends and co-workers in the workplace or at parties to gamble on the game. No skill required - its all luck.

How does it work?
Instead of typing it all out here just watch this video. Its the shortest one I could find on Youtube.

How do I buy one?
Just reply to this thread that you want X amount of $hells and I will randomly pick for you

How do I send?
Visit the link below and fill out the form. Make sure you select the recipient as SAMHAIN85

What are the payouts?

Once the sheet gets filled and all 100 squares are bought we will randomize the numbers. Last year we had @Neutty pull numbers/playing cards live on his stream. We'll do something similar again this year.

So now you've got something to look forward to while you watch the game. Once the game is over I'll transfer the winners their $hells.

I'll leave a link to this in my signature for the next few weeks to remind people about this. Dont be afraid to ask any questions. Were still a few weeks out from the SuperBowl but its never too early to start one of these. Good luck!

Current $hell balances:

If you currently have 0 $hells, now would be a good time to start earning them so you can enter into the pool.

View attachment 883312

I'll take 5 boxes sir. Transferring shells now

View attachment 883313

Link to sheet

So what is this?

How does it work?

How do I buy one?

How do I send?

What are the payouts?

Current $hell balances:

View attachment 883312

May I get 5 squares please, I will transfer a little later

EDIT: Sent

Last edited:
Speaking of apologies, big shout out to @JamCar0ne , @IDreamInGT3 GT3 and @Skills_19657 who suffered due to my ludicrous dive-bomb in turn 1, race 1 at Spa. What was I thinking? I must have been drinking...except I don't. In my defence I will say that I got discombobulated being way on the inside and never saw a braking point and that I did try to slam into the wall to slow, only to be bounced back onto the track, nailing Jam straight into IDream, and good job Skills. I think you were able to avoid the carnage I caused. Will you guys be witnesses at my IR hearing? LOL?

And to @COL_KLINK01: You're welcome. I cleared the field like a CFL lineman (not a spelling mistake). Everyone will think it's a northern conspiracy. It's so cold up here we do stick together.

PS, let me know of other incidents involving what you feel to be improper behaviour on my part. So many things to get better at.
I was wondering what happened to everyone?

Hello I would like to join snail racing what actions will I need to take

From buddies who I play gtsport online with
[N38824r]

@Darius Rogers

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

So last night at Tokyo I was rounding turn 1 and @SlvrOnyx was right in the middle of the track, stopped dead. No flags to alert me to the trouble and I t-boned him, which screwed me for the rest of the race. Why are the flags off? I feel that if the flags been on that could have been avoided. Can we turn them on?

So last night at Tokyo I was rounding turn 1 and @SlvrOnyx was right in the middle of the track, stopped dead. No flags to alert me to the trouble and I t-boned him, which screwed me for the rest of the race. Why are the flags off? I feel that if the flags been on that could have been avoided. Can we turn them on?

In the early days, flags didn't work all that well and brought with them penalties for passing, sometimes stopped cars, under a caution flag (even with penalties off). If that has changed and the flags work well without bringing about unnecessary and sometimes silly penalties (even with penalties off), then it could be something worth testing.

It's really a shame that the settings they give us don't really do what they say they do. Ghosting can be set to off but it still happens. Reset to track can be set to off but it still happens. Penalties could be set to off but flags would still bring them into the game (don't know if this one is still true).

I will say the the BoD is currently swamped trying to work through some things so this would be something that would be added to a que to be worked on.

I agree

I second the motion. I overcooked the turn and spun and got caught on the guardrail. There was about a 2 second gap and IDreamInGT3 had no warning. I believe if flags were on, it might not have prevented him from having an accident but there would at least have been a warning and he possibly could have avoided me totally.

I agree

I second the motion. I overcooked the turn and spun and got caught on the guardrail. There was about a 2 second gap and IDreamInGT3 had no warning. I believe if flags were on, it might not have prevented him from having an accident but there would at least have been a warning and he possibly could have avoided me totally.

I'm watching the replay I saved and I think if the flags had been on, I could have slowed enough for him to turn straight and would avoided it.

@JLBowler, I have raced some lobbies with flags on and haven't heard of any penalties being dished out unfairly, or at all for that matter. Maybe we could test them on tracks like tokyo and see how it goes, then possibly implement for next season.

I'm watching the replay I saved and I think if the flags had been on, I could have slowed enough for him to turn straight and would avoided it.

@JLBowler, I have raced some lobbies with flags on and haven't heard of any penalties being dished out unfairly, or at all for that matter. Maybe we could test them on tracks like tokyo and see how it goes, then possibly implement for next season.

Testing is a very real possibility. Having it ready for next season is probably not a possibility. As I said above, the BoD is in the middle of working on something that has been ongoing for over a month and the goal is to have it ready for the start of next season if we can get everything sorted.

Edit: The other issue I just remembered is the constant yellow flag if a driver chooses to pull off the track and sit there until the end of the race. It's still something that needs to be tested once the BoD has time to work on it.

Last edited:

View attachment 883313

Link to sheet

So what is this?

How does it work?

How do I buy one?

How do I send?

What are the payouts?

Current $hell balances:

View attachment 883312

Thank you :)

We would need to setup a specific yellow flag and test passing under yellow. It wasn't to long ago I got a crazy 10 sec penalty for passing what I assume was someone involved in the incident.

View attachment 883313

Link to sheet

So what is this?

How does it work?

How do I buy one?

How do I send?

What are the payouts?

Current $hell balances:

View attachment 883312

I will take 5 squares. Transferring shells now.

Edit: Transfer complete

I would like to join SNAIL racing

A player in your league

@THOMAS FOOR

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

We would need to setup a specific yellow flag and test passing under yellow. It wasn't to long ago I got a crazy 10 sec penalty for passing what I assume was someone involved in the incident.
We use flag rules "on" for the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series I host, and with penalties selected to "off", as far as I have noticed, no penalties were assessed for passing drivers under yellow. The only issue I could see needing stipulated is if a driver decides to stop racing...rather than parking on the side of track, return to pits and remain there til the race finish. The yellow flags definitely help in warning of issues ahead. Has worked well so far. A thorough test in race of passing a car off track with flag rules on/penalties off, and then with penalties on should give us a solid answer.

I'll take 5 boxes sir. Transferring shells now

May I get 5 squares please, I will transfer a little later

EDIT: Sent

I will take 5 slots in the Superbowl pool. $hells sent.

I’ll take 5 boxes. $hells sent!

@SAMHAIN85

I wish to receive 5 boxes please Sam shells are sent .
Thank you

I will take 5 squares. Transferring shells now.

Edit: Transfer complete

Updated:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on January 19, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 95 (63.12 for Prize C)
  2. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. NASCARNATE91 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. VR6_SLC_V-Dub ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (103.17 for Prize A)
  2. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Mt626v6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Alexrider007 ------ did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 85 (94.13 for Prize B)
  2. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Onyx58 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. IDreamIn_GT3 ------ did not submit a vote
  9. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. TTTtothetop ------- did not submit a vote
  11. Drummmer1979 ----- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - RENAULT SPORT R.S.01 GT3 2016 (RH) at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - 14:30 Clear (9 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @soundtiger95 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - LAMBORGHINI HURACAN GT3 2015 (RH) at Tokyo Expressway - South Outer Loop - 18:00 Clear (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @racingchamp30 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Nicktune so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Back