◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
View media item 2540This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
The IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 2 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, 1/31/20.
Banner by @GamingPete

There is a correction that needs to be made to the results post that was made on Monday night. The 3rd prize winner is actually @Timlour as @Nicktune is not eligible for prizes due to being non-responsive last week.

@TEX36 @Grandpa Money @Timlour Will be included in a conversation that will include instructions and deadlines in the next few mintues.

5 more please. Shells transfer completed.

I'll take 5 more, sir. Shells sent

5 more please, $hells sent

@SAMHAIN85

@SAMHAIN85
Shells sent buddy!

5 squares please shells sent

I'll take five. Shells sent

5 more for me as well @SAMHAIN85

I’ll take 5 if there’s any left. Let me know and I’ll shell out some...shells?

@SAMHAIN85
I'll take 5 squares please .. now to remember how to transfer shells ...

5 squares please! I did a rough count (based on the previous replies) and I think I got the last five?

Let me know if I'm too late though. $hells sent 👍

The above amount of squares totaled 50 - with only 40 squares left to buy. Just so everyone has a chance to participate, I will be re-funding Nate and Stele their 5 additional $hells. (they were the last 2 to buy the additional ones)

Knowing both Stele and Nate fairly well, I know they'll be cool with it.

I decided to use a random number generator to determine the #'s. You'll just have to trust me that theres no shenanigans here, and at the end of the day this is all for fun. No ones getting rich or going broke here.

SBrandom.PNG

Copied into the updated sheet:

SBFINAL.PNG

For people that are reading this and still have no idea how this works - when the game starts the score is:
SF 0
KC 0

Find #0 for SF, find #0 for KC. Line up the two...and you'll see that @Herimopp89 owns that square.

The only time the score matters is the score at half-time and the final score, which pays 30$hells and 70$hells respectively.

How many of you are in pools at work, or will you be joining one at a party? I run one at work. $30 for a square (not 5 $hells) and it pays out:

1st Quarter: $300
2nd Quarter: $600
3rd Quarter: $900
Final Score: $1200

We all get together on Friday and do a live draw for numbers.

Anyways, good luck SNAIL's. Being from California part of me wants to root for the "home" team (SF), but I wouldnt mind seeing Andy Reid and Mahomies get a ring either. I just hope for a good game unlike last year.

Edit: Sorry its getting late. Nate actually bought his additional 5 before Onyx did. So it should've been Onyx and Stele that I should send refunds to.

Hope you're ok with just having 5 Nate. Sorry about the confusion.

Testing is a very real possibility. Having it ready for next season is probably not a possibility. As I said above, the BoD is in the middle of working on something that has been ongoing for over a month and the goal is to have it ready for the start of next season if we can get everything sorted.

Edit: The other issue I just remembered is the constant yellow flag if a driver chooses to pull off the track and sit there until the end of the race. It's still something that needs to be tested once the BoD has time to work on it.
Anxiously waiting for the announcement!

Anxiously waiting for the announcement!

The only update available at this time is that @llNovall did some testing in his series and found that the flags were producting some unwanted ghosting of cars. If that's the case, then I don't see flags coming into being. Perhaps he can elaborate on his findings.

Not singling anyone in particular out with this comment. It's just based on what I have seen over the years from many different drivers. Guys need to stop driving toward an accident like it won't be there or the car will be ghosted by the time you get there. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone just hammer the gas and try and drive through a multi car accident or even a single car that is spinning. It's just hammer the gas and pray they will move. More often than not, they end up hitting something and making the situation worse than it was when if they just would have slowed for the accident in front of them, they could have avoided the whole thing and got through without incident and save themselves a lot of time on the track.

Last edited:
The only update available at this time is that @llNovall did some testing in his series and found that the flags were producting some unwanted ghosting of cars. If that's the case, then I don't see flags coming into being. Perhaps he can elaborate on his findings.

Not singling anyone in particular out with this comment. It's just based on what I have seen over the years from many different drivers. Guys need to stop driving toward an accidnet like it won't be there or the car will be ghosted by the time you get there. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone just hammer the gas and try and drive through a multi car accident or even a single car that is spinning. It's just hammer the gas and pray they will move. More often than not, they end up hitting something and making the situation worse than it was when if they just would have slowed for the accident in front of them, they could have avoided the whole thing and got through without incident and save themselves a lot of time on the track.
@SAMHAIN85 and I did perform some testing of the flag rules earlier this week. With flag rules "On" and penalties set to "OFF", there were no issues of penalties being given for not observing the flags. We tried multiple situations:
-Car stopped on track- issues a yellow flag and a no pass message, and ghosts the car.(No penalties issued for ignoring flags)
-slow moving car- hit or miss issuance of yellow flags, and unpredictable ghosting of the car. (No penalties issued for ignoring flags)

So, while penalties are not a problem, the issue is the ghosting, and especially the unpredictable ghosting of cars when the flags are being waved. As a result, I have turned flag rules "Off" for all my hosted series, and with the knowledge of Snail's stance on ghosting, I don't see this being a usable feature worth entertaining. Its ashame, because the warning that yellow flags could afford would be welcome if the cars remained actual and still presented a danger on track.

Not singling anyone in particular out with this comment. It's just based on what I have seen over the years from many different drivers. Guys need to stop driving toward an accident like it won't be there or the car will be ghosted by the time you get there. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone just hammer the gas and try and drive through a multi car accident or even a single car that is spinning. It's just hammer the gas and pray they will move. More often than not, they end up hitting something and making the situation worse than it was when if they just would have slowed for the accident in front of them, they could have avoided the whole thing and got through without incident and save themselves a lot of time on the track.
Occasionally I'll play Sport mode, and my old Sunday night habits are still cemented into memory. I still brake and swerve for ghosted cars on track, treating them as solid. Other racers must think I'm goofy. :D

Occasionally I'll play Sport mode, and my old Sunday night habits are still cemented into memory. I still brake and swerve for ghosted cars on track, treating them as solid. Other racers must think I'm goofy. :D

Same here. I see tire smoke or even something that doesn't look quite right and my foot is off the gas and the other foot is ready to brake and I'm looking at how I can miss what's going on. Too many times when I do this, I watch three cars fly by me and into the carnage. I then pick my line, drive through it as best I can and get back the three spots I lost plus three more. I lose ground to anyone out in front of the wreck but I'm in a whole lot better shape than I would have been if I became part of the wreck. Now, when you pick a line and it closes on you, you're still stuck but at least slowing down gives you a better chance to choose a good line and get through unscathed.

This video is exactly why I won't go to flags/ghosting. This was Race 1 of our last Event of the Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge. @nmcp1 and I were in a heated battle when trouble erupted up ahead. USERID_77a23 nipped the track apron and went into a spin, coming across the track just as nmcp1 and I were on approach. We both had to evade, each picking a side. It was unnerving but fun at the same time, knowing your race was on the line and having to do everything you could to avoid a collision. With flag rules on, he would have been a ghost and no danger at all, taking away the sense of realism and consequence.

This was just one highlight of many great evasive moves with this group of drivers.

Thanks to everyone who took time to address my concern and look into the issue. Maybe one day the situation will be better and we can have nice things. Lol. Until then, I guess we'll just need to be hyper aware. Thanks again.

To anyone interested in racing tonight:
We are 1 driver short after Reserves being used, and are in need of 1 more driver to fill the grid for tonight for Event #7 of the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge at Interlagos. Please pm me if interested in racing.

85F45E48-2A2E-48BC-B1E1-D5894C2BAB4E.jpeg

Hey guys, ALERTing you to the fact that Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition is just 10 bucks on PlayStation store and it only takes up 24GB of hard drive space.
I've put off getting this driving simulator for years but I can tell you after a week of having it that it’s definitely interesting and worth the drive. For $10, I couldn’t resist.

View attachment 887379
Hey guys, ALERTing you to the fact that Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition is just 10 bucks on PlayStation store and it only takes up 24GB of hard drive space.
I've put off getting this driving simulator for years but I can tell you after a week of having it that it’s definitely interesting and worth the drive. For $10, I couldn’t resist.
Is it arcadie

Is it arcadie
Graphically and online, it is not in the same standard as GTSport. However, the tracks (all laser scanned), track detail, and accuracy are spot on. AC wont break any records on car count, but it has a great selection of desirable cars. In regards to physics, it is the farthest thing from arcadey, and as a matter of fact, makes GTSport feel more forgiving. It shines in this department...the gratification you get just lapping and driving (especially the Nurburgring) is far beyond worth the $10.00 price of entry. Where it fails in some ways, it shines in others, and its physics are probably the closest thing to iracing available on console. Also, there has been a small group hosted by Wilo28 and a few others who have created a revival of online action lately. For 10 bucks, just do it. You will be glad you did.

Last edited:
Graphically and online, it is not in the same standard as GTSport. However, the tracks (all laser scanned), track detail, and accuracy are spot on. AC wont break any records on car count, but it has a great selection of desirable cars. In regards to physics, it is the farthest thing from arcadey, and as a matter of fact, makes GTSport feel more forgiving. It shines in this department...the gratification you get just lapping and driving (especially the Nurburgring) is far beyond worth the $10.00 price of entry. Where it fails in some ways, it shines in other, and is probably the closest thing to iracing available on console. Also, there has been a small group hosted by Wilo28 and a few others who have created a revival of online action lately. For 10 bucks, just do it. You will be glad you did.
I have to agree. It’s an excellent driving experience, you can feel so much of what the cars doing, and it makes GT feel a tad numb for me. GT provides better racing in my experience, but man, there’s few things better than racing door to door in Group A cars in Assetto Corsa.

Prize Selection Update

Ok. We've had our week off. It's time to get the prize winners refocused and get some selections made.

@Grandpa Money need to select a car to take to Autopolis

If you raced in D3 this week, you get to make one suggestion for prize A from which @TEX36 will make his choice.
  • Your suggestion must be made by posting in this thread.
  • You may not edit your post to change your suggestion.
  • Be sure to include the full in-game name of the car and track and time of day. Failure to include time of day will result in default being chosen.
  • The deadline to make a suggestion will be Tuesday night at 11:59 PM ET.
  • Remember that you are not voting for a suggestion that was already made. You are making your own suggestion.
  • Time of day with rain or wet track effects are not eligible for selection.
  • Please do not include photos or other extra text in your suggestion as it just has to be deleted when the posts are grouped together.
@racingchamp30 @SlvrOnyx @MajorBlixem @diehard racer @IDreamInGT3 @pubason @tab1chevy @stelephant @Skills @CANOWORMS1 @Raw10_2u

Prize Selection Update

Ok. We've had our week off. It's time to get the prize winners refocused and get some selections made.

@Grandpa Money need to select a car to take to Autopolis

If you raced in D3 this week, you get to make one suggestion for prize A from which @TEX36 will make his choice.
  • Your suggestion must be made by posting in this thread.
  • You may not edit your post to change your suggestion.
  • Be sure to include the full in-game name of the car and track and time of day. Failure to include time of day will result in default being chosen.
  • The deadline to make a suggestion will be Tuesday night at 11:59 PM ET.
  • Remember that you are not voting for a suggestion that was already made. You are making your own suggestion.
  • Time of day with rain or wet track effects are not eligible for selection.
  • Please do not include photos or other extra text in your suggestion as it just has to be deleted when the posts are grouped together.
@racingchamp30 @SlvrOnyx @MajorBlixem @diehard racer @IDreamInGT3 @pubason @tab1chevy @stelephant @Skills @CANOWORMS1 @Raw10_2u
@JLBowler @Rednose58

SF Super Formula / Toyota 19' 639hp 1456 lbs ,Rm Tires, Circuit de Sainte -Croix B, 7:10 Clear, lap time 1:45

Back