◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,786 comments
Decided to put another table out for the latest race time target.

16.5 minutes races.jpg

I'm looking forward to changing it again when the longer tracks become allowed!
16.5 minutes races1.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to start by apologizing to the following drivers for my part in your loss of positions during last nights racing: stelephant (-2 positions), tab1chevy (-3), skills (-2), Gulfvet (-4) and JLBowler (-3). And a HUGE apology to everybody in the league who is fighting at the top for what I did to TEX36...+8!!! positions in one corner. Who said that starting at the back was a disadvantage? I just filed the IRs on myself. Let me know if I missed any.

And another thing; where does it say in the SNAIL users manual that the STi has a torque diverter? and what am I supposed to do with it? I was trying to change my brake bias and looked down to find I was adjusting said torque thingy. Anyway, I had fun and I thank the occasional front runner for dropping back to play with me every now and then.

I would like to start by apologizing to the following drivers for my part in your loss of positions during last nights racing: stelephant (-2 positions), tab1chevy (-3), skills (-2), Gulfvet (-4) and JLBowler (-3). And a HUGE apology to everybody in the league who is fighting at the top for what I did to TEX36...+8!!! positions in one corner. Who said that starting at the back was a disadvantage? I just filed the IRs on myself. Let me know if I missed any.

And another thing; where does it say in the SNAIL users manual that the STi has a torque diverter? and what am I supposed to do with it? I was trying to change my brake bias and looked down to find I was adjusting said torque thingy. Anyway, I had fun and I thank the occasional front runner for dropping back to play with me every now and then.
As with said brake bias, it is adjustable, but unable to be monitored.

As a spec league, you technically shouldn’t adjust either, but as mentioned, it can’t be checked.

fine print: management doesn’t support or endorse this message- these are my thoughts and should be viewed as such.

as you get more comfortable with SNAIL pack racing, you’ll get the hang of it - as you are plenty quick

As with said brake bias, it is adjustable, but unable to be monitored.

As a spec league, you technically shouldn’t adjust either, but as mentioned, it can’t be checked.

fine print: management doesn’t support or endorse this message- these are my thoughts and should be viewed as such.

as you get more comfortable with SNAIL pack racing, you’ll get the hang of it - as you are plenty quick
Brake bias is now allowed in SNAIL

the “torque thingy” is not allowed.

As someone who was a big advocate to get these rules changed, here are my personal opinions.

If PD ever decides to give us that option. And so far PD hasn't given online lobbies/leagues much customization, so I doubt it'll ever happen. But if were ever able to 'lock' brake bias at 0, it will be used.

I was one of the few guys in SNAIL that streamed my races while making it a point to cycle through my HUD to prove I was using 0 brake bias at all times. It's the only setting I know.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago to the FIA season starting. I decided to take a crack at learning what brake bias does to try and squeeze every ounce of potential out of the car. I now have a good understanding on what changing this setting does.

I suggest if you've never played with the brake bias setting before, dont touch it until you have an understanding of what it does.

For anyone interested in learning what it does - this is a great tutorial about it (I see Tom has also found it)

Will your lap times suddenly improve by 5 seconds while you lap the entire field twice? No. But you'll have more control over your car which can translate to quicker lap times. And your knowledge of this can be carried over to Sport mode, where you also have free reign to adjust brake balance. Overall I think this change helps all of SNAIL become better and more knowledgeable drivers.

As someone who spent $250 on a TH8A and shifter mount just to stay competitive in SNAIL, it is now an expensive paperweight. I cant even use it in the Daily races or FIA races now. Using the clutch legitimately or exploiting the quick shift bug has such a massive advantage that it takes away from our evenly matched SNAIL experience. No one should be passing 5 cars off the line before you even get to T1. The only reason you should have a better holeshot than the next guy is because you had a better launch with proper throttle control - not because of the simple fact you own a shifter.

For the realism guys that do like to shift - well you still can. You'll just have to do it without the clutch (which will shift your car at the same speed the paddles do)

If you think you might be prone to accidently clutch shifting, I suggest you either unplug your shifter all together or simply keep two hands on the wheel at all times.

This rule change only impacts a small minority of SNAIL since most guys do not own a shifter. It also only has an impact on X amount of cars. So to the majority of SNAIL - you should be happy knowing no one else will have the potential to shift quicker than you. Whether it be off the line or over the course of a lap. And if they are found using the shifter+clutch, they will be faced with a stiff penalty.

Division Texters: Please remind everyone about these rule changes in your respective lobbies tonight.

@CANOWORMS1 - some history

Sorry I was hanging on to the facade of “spec racing” :rolleyes::lol:

@Neutty

upload_2020-2-17_18-1-19.gif

Edit: pic added since top post

Last edited:
Hello all!

I've read the first post and would like to join! I'm @Alexrider007 's brother and I would like to join in the fun!

Thanks!

@DrakeNSnake

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Brake bias is now allowed in SNAIL

the “torque thingy” is not allowed.
Thanks. Gotcha. Ixnay the torque adjustment. Okay on brake bias adjustment. While I have zero interest in tuning the suspension options, the brake bias is in your hud and not much to choose from. @jw10_10 gave me a short lesson. He suggested moving brake bias to the rear (+number) reduced understeer/increase oversteer and helped with trail braking. He suggested as much as +3/+5. I've been using +3 on my corvette in ARL Gr 4 and have been pleased with the results. I was using +3 in the Toyota in SNAIL recently and it caused serious oversteer. Moving the bias forward reduced the oversteer greatly. I had been really frustrated with the amount of understeer I was experiencing in most cars and adjusting the bias a couple of notches one way or the other helped me. So here's what this star pupil took away from that class...My teacher has BIASES!! No really, this is how I see it. Brake bias to the rear: less understeer/more oversteer, bias forward: less oversteer/more understeer. The effect is subtle and doesn't fix my habit of death braking into a corner or or power spinning coming-out of a corner, but every little bit helps. If it ain't broke don't fix it. But, I had some understeer and I feel this reduced it. That's my view from the back.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 16, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 90.1 (77.69 for Prize C)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Bologna_Duc ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. NASCARNATE91 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (80.33 for Prize B)
  2. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. lean_22_YT -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Alexrider007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 3
  1. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 84 (101.10 for Prize A)
  2. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Canoworms1 -------- did not submit a vote
  10. TTTtothetop ------- did not submit a vote
  11. tab1chevy --------- did not submit a vote
  12. IDreamIn_GT3 ------ did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - LEXUS AU TOM'S RC F 2016 (GT500) (RH) at Fuji International Speedway (Short) - 06:15 Clear (11 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @racingchamp30 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - TOYOTA 86 GR.4 (RH) at Autopolis International Racing Course - Shortcut Course - 12:00 Fine Weather (13 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Rob Brown gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Timlour so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

I’d say that the new format worked out really well this past Sunday. There are still some adjustments that individuals will have to make. For example . . .
1) don’t cut it too close and enter the lobby at :30 past the hour. Unfortunately it happened that I saw a racer enter the lobby during the first race count down timer. (We can start the night’s racing promptly with a set grid and the ‘all clear’ in the main thread).
2) be sure to ‘green up’ even if you don’t need/want to warmup. As host, I hadn’t noticed that there was one driver not greened for third race until warmup was nearly over. (I could have messaged a quick reminder). As we grow familiar with the new format, these issues shouldn’t be so frequent.

I completed my review of 7 incidents on file.

Last edited:
For other drivers in D3 who raced on Sunday Night i will tag you. I am asking you to give me a suggestion to pick for Prize A. Think of a vehicle we have not used in GT Sport before or a track we have not raced on in awhile. I will test each suggestion. No suggestion is a bad suggestion, all suggestions for Prize A are very good so be comfortable in what you pick and i will test it out. I think Idream said he wouldn't race anymore so i didn't include him.

@stelephant @TEX36 @JLBowler @diehard racer @JamCar0ne @Skills @gulfvet67 @CANOWORMS1 @TTTtothetop @tab1chevy

For other drivers in D3 who raced on Sunday Night i will tag you. I am asking you to give me a suggestion to pick for Prize A. Think of a vehicle we have not used in GT Sport before or a track we have not raced on in awhile. I will test each suggestion. No suggestion is a bad suggestion, all suggestions for Prize A are very good so be comfortable in what you pick and i will test it out. I think Idream said he wouldn't race anymore so i didn't include him.

@stelephant @TEX36 @JLBowler @diehard racer @JamCar0ne @Skills @gulfvet67 @CANOWORMS1 @TTTtothetop @tab1chevy
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione 1991 - n200 - SH

Autodrome Lago Maggiore East

edit: either direction.

Back