◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
@Rednose58 last night I somehow missed Nick and Tim's vote. I heard back from Nick and can put his vote in but I want to make sure it won't mess anything up since the scores have already been copied to data.
You can enter the votes in the score sheets. Make sure to get both Nick's and Tim's votes in.

I think @Timlour is doing the Data. He can update the Data Sheets when he enters the Data.

Nick voted 1, I don't have access till I get home from work today. If someone with access could update before then that would be great otherwise I'll do it when I walk in the door at 430ish pst.

<<<<< SURVEY >>>>>

SIR - logo.jpg

See this page for SNAIL Invitational Event Rules and Regulations
Currently the Snail Invitational Event runs once a month on the Friday night before the regular Sunday Snail League Night #2. Lately we get a very low response rate from the invitations and participation numbers are steadily dropping. Please fill out the Survey below to help us determine the future of the Event. The survey assumes the format will remain the same. We are looking for a feedback on the day of the week and/or time of the day.
Survey ends on Friday February 28 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time.

Click here to go to the Survey

Please like this post if you completed the survey
@Fudman420 @Harry Rowley @HyperTwinz @NASCARNATE91 @Nicktune @Timlour @GTPvw_slc @Xradkins @Bologna_Duc @FREEREVN @Herimopp89 @MikeGrove @Neutty @nmcp1 @Noob01_lmdead @Rednose58 @SAMHAIN85 @thracerviewr @Akzl298 @DrakeNSnake @Grandpa Money @llNovall @N38824r @Rob Brown @Phlano099 @soundtiger95 @Alexrider007 @basswerks1 @CoachMK21 @DublDee @Deal24 @FullhouseGame @Jonesman59 @Kgffy @Lean_22_YT @Mt626v6 @TomMang_68 @USERID_77a23 @CANOWORMS1 @diehard racer @gulfvet67 @IDreamInGT3 @JamCar0ne @PrivateSmiles @racingchamp30 @Skills @tab1chevy @TEX36 @Drummer79 @JLBowler @MajorBlixem @Drifter1171 @Nick Cannella @SlvrOnyx @pubason @Raw10_2u @stelephant @TTTtothetop

Need to reduce internet cost.
What speed does GTS & the PS4 require to avoid lagging?
Going to check into a lower speed (if possible)

When GTS first launched, I was still using DSL and it worked okay. DSL had speeds something like 6Mps down and 0.7 Mbs Up per the 'test internet connection' test on the PS4. I expect an upload speed of around 5Mbs would be decent for anything you need. Not certain about download speeds though, but slower download speed will result in slower updates to games.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 23, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 95 (Ineligible for prize)
  2. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 86 (72.85 for Prize C)
  3. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. NASCARNATE91 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. HYPERTWINZ-H ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 2
  1. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (77.08 for Prize B)
  2. N38824jr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. lean_22_YT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Drake-N-Snake ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Alexrider007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. OMG_mang ---------- did not submit a vote
  11. basswerks1 -------- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 82.1 (101.42 for Prize A)
  2. COL_KLINK01 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Private_Smiles ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. tab1chevy --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. TTTtothetop ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. Canoworms1 -------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - LANCIA DELTA HF INTEGRALE EVOLUZIONE 1991 (SH) at Autodrome Lago Maggiore - East II - 11:30 Fine Weather (9 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @MajorBlixem wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - SUBARU IMPREZA COUPE WRX TYPE R STi VERSION VI 1999 (SM) at Nürburgring GP - 12:00 Fine Weather (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Rob Brown gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @SAMHAIN85 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

As we near the end of the February season, just wanted to put something out there for the BOD - @JLBowler @SAMHAIN85 et. al - to consider with the new fast lap points.

What if someone obtains the fast lap by cutting the track? As we don't use track limit penalties, they have no ramifications for this.

Even if someone were to file an OOB IR, that wouldn't remove the fast lap from the scoresheet. So that person may lose a point or multiple points for their OOB infraction(s), but it wouldn't shift the point to the person who legitimately obtained the fast lap.

Not trying to throw a wrench in the new format, but wanted you all to have some time to process this, as some people who should be getting legitimate points will be missing out on them now.

giphy.gif

As we near the end of the February season, just wanted to put something out there for the BOD - @JLBowler @SAMHAIN85 et. al - to consider with the new fast lap points.

What if someone obtains the fast lap by cutting the track? As we don't use track limit penalties, they have no ramifications for this.

Even if someone were to file an OOB IR, that wouldn't remove the fast lap from the scoresheet. So that person may lose a point or multiple points for their OOB infraction(s), but it wouldn't shift the point to the person who legitimately obtained the fast lap.

Not trying to throw a wrench in the new format, but wanted you all to have some time to process this, as some people who should be getting legitimate points will be missing out on them now.

1. Track cutting could happen during qualifying as well and making it almost impossible to report because there is no replay available and no witnesses.
2. With the new system it is possible to review the replay if you suspect (or saw) that a driver cut the track. The driver will loose points if IR is filed.
3. In both cases it could affect the outcome of the night if a driver, who didn't win the night, "steels" the points from a legitimate potential winner. That is bad. But, I think with the replay option available in the new rules, we are at least able to severely punish the cheater.

giphy.gif

1. Track cutting could happen during qualifying as well and making it almost impossible to report because there is no replay available and no witnesses.
2. With the new system it is possible to review the replay if you suspect (or saw) that a driver cut the track. The driver will loose points if IR is filed.
3. In both cases it could affect the outcome of the night if a driver, who didn't win the night, "steels" the points from a legitimate potential winner. That is bad. But, I think with the replay option available in the new rules, we are at least able to severely punish the cheater.

I've got to agree with @Rednose58 on this one. Drivers have cut the track to win the pole in the past. This is a fact. I don't know how many times it happened going all the way back to the race alone days. Qualifying has always been difficult to review and difficult to even get anything reported because drivers are supposed to be so far away from each other. At least if a driver cuts the track in the race, if it's on the fastest lap or not, there is the chance that it gets reported by someone and can be easily reviewed and penalty points handed out to take away that bonus point or more.

To my knowledge, the download speeds have nothing to do with the fast response time (ping) which is really what you need to have good performance on GT sport online. Run a speedtest.net before you change and lower your service and then another speed test afterwards make certain for yourself.

To my knowledge, the download speeds have nothing to do with the fast response time (ping) which is really what you need to have good performance on GT sport online. Run a speedtest.net before you change and lower your service and then another speed test afterwards make certain for yourself.
Pardon the Dumb Question: How do I run a Speed test on the PS4? (at school right now, will run it when I get back home)

Pardon the Dumb Question: How do I run a Speed test on the PS4? (at school right now, will run it when I get back home)
If you would like I can help walk you through this about 7:15pm central time. It’s easy to do. You just need to join a party chat briefly. On need to talk either.

I pass the freeze to Samir [on condition that he concentrates]. Wait, you’re not concentrating, Sammy . . . please Sammy, I beg you Sammy”
@SAMHAIN85

@SAMHAIN85

The PS4 tests download and upload speeds but I don’t remember if it does ping. You do speedtest.net from a PC/laptop to test your connection. If you don’t have a PC I just saw that there is ‘speedtest’ app for smart phones. Maybe it tests via the [phone&] Wi-Fi. @Neutty will help sort you.

@Rob Brown

Prize C:
Einfrieren Nürburgring GP - 12:00 Fine Weather!

Tracking cutting in and of itself is not grounds for penalty. Its if the track is cut and time is gained is when it becomes an issue. The same applies to running wide through certain sections and four wheels are out of bounds. As long as people are policing themselves and lifting off the throttle to not gain any sort of time, then there shouldnt be an issue. And its certainly possible to get the fastest lap in a race if the track were to be cut but negate any sort of advantage with a lift of the throttle. I could see it happening on a longer track like one of the Croix variants where the slipstream comes into play on some of the long sections.

But you bring up a good point. Its certainly possible for someone to earn fastest lap honors and points by cutting the track whether it be intentionally or inadvertently. Dont hesitate to file an IR if this is the case.

20200225_114250.png

Also, heres to 4500 pages on this thread :cheers:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, after hours of testing, I was just getting ready to announce that car to replace the WRX at Nurb. Sunken ditch. Looks like I'm going to have to pull an all nighter!
@JLBowler @Rednose58 @SAMHAIN85
EDIT: OK, no all nighter, I'm going with the Lamborgini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 with SS at an mid-division lap time of 2:18.5 (7 laps according to my handy dandy chart).
SamHain95 froze Nurburgring GP at 12:00 Fine weather (Sam jumped in and ran 2:15.7)

Last edited:
Sunday, March 1, 2020 Lineup
February 2020 Season - League Night #4
1. PORSCHE 911 CARRERA RS CLUB SPORT (993) 1995 on SM Tires @ Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A - 10:30 Clear - (12 Laps)
2. LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 25TH ANNIVERSARY 1988 on SS Tires @ Nürburgring GP - 12:00 Fine Weather - (7 Laps)
3. TOYOTA 86 GR.4 on RH Tires @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 20:00 Clear - (10 Laps)

Details

Official Practice Lobby will be open at 9PM EST

Dont forget there was a Sport update last night - turn your PS4 on early to download/copy

If you plan on doing any future practice on your own in "unofficial" lobbies, I suggest copying the lobby settings upon entering the room tonight. In the future all you'll have to do is "load" those settings when creating a room. Now you have peace of mind knowing your lobby has 100% accurate settings from top to bottom. It also comes with a flashy lobby title - which leads people directly here to the forum when they are browsing online lobbies. When you title your practice lobby "Practice" it doesnt do anyone any favors.

GTS February Update: Request for help, please.

I am updating the GTS Car List. My source for HP and LBS is not very reliable. Sometimes they are out by 1. Can someone please fill in the yellow highlighted cells in this form..... much appreciated. (Not sure how easy it will be from a cell phone. I guess a laptop or PC will work better.) ...or.... just post the values in this thread.....

upload_2020-2-27_13-9-24.png

Thanks

Back