full

full

full

full

full

full

@Rednose58

@MikeGrove So where are the new car pictures? #pins&needles

Check this cross section of extruded aluminum. I’d love to see the process. (My TV stand material.)
View attachment 940369
I actually meant to create my ‘new car‘ post last night, but now I’m thinking that I should wait for prize winner messages and post my prize pick and my new car together as a tribute, just like I did with the Yaris years ago...

My picks have been known to cause quite a stir... that fiasco went on for a couple pages :lol:

Also @Rob Brown , extruded aluminum is some great stuff! I never really posted much about my rig build here...

91351AFB-F91D-427C-97D3-87B563637B70.jpeg

Last edited:
Also @Rob Brown , extruded aluminum is some great stuff! I never really posted much about my rig build here

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Don’t know how you drive that far away from the screen. Isn’t your FoV all porked up? I’m hoping your new ride is a step up from Yaris! But if it isn’t, that’s why we drive the really cool stuff online!

I created a couple videos that did very well by my YouTube standards this past week. I’m sure some of you will enjoy them!

An almost flawless performance at a track we cannot run in SNAIL currently.

A display of aggression and retaliation by two other drivers, which tells a story of its own.

Last edited:
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Don’t know how you drive that far away from the screen. Isn’t your FoV all porked up? I’m hoping your new ride is a step up from Yaris! But if it isn’t, that’s why we drive the really cool stuff online!
Honestly I’d use a monitor stand and move it closer if I had one. Because of the large piece of furniture holding my TV, I cannot get any closer; but my 51’ Samsung is just large enough for where I am sitting. I still feel plenty of emersion when racing.

Honestly I’d use a monitor stand and move it closer if I had one. Because of the large piece of furniture holding my TV, I cannot get any closer; but my 51’ Samsung is just large enough for where I am sitting. I still feel plenty of emersion when racing.
I find FOV is way less important in GT than in other sims.

I recently invested in a monitor for racing, just a 32" but it's moved me away from the TV and made a big difference.

I find FOV is way less important in GT than in other sims.

I recently invested in a monitor for racing, just a 32" but it's moved me away from the TV and made a big difference.
Yeah bumper cam in GT really helps to see everything, even from a couple feet further back. The mirror in bumper cam saved me in the retaliation video. I need to give credit to good old SCHMEDRACER for encouraging me to switch off hood camera when I did. He was right about using the mirror to stay focused rather than constantly looking back.

2020 point totals as of June Season

Nice job, and thank you for taking it upon yourself to do that!

The last 2 seasons I have given the yearly point leaders Amazon GC's, but I lost the desire to continue the record keeping this year (its a lot of work!). If you are cool with keeping an accurate points count through the end of the year, I'll be happy to donate again. And I'll be happy to give you a GC as well for your services. Just let me know and I'll make an official prize announcement for the SNAIL 2020 Total Points scorers. Probably with another newly added twist.

PS I'm not sure what program you used to compile the points, but if you use google sheets it will display nicely here without having to click or download anything:

(let me know if you want the template and I'll send it over)

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on July 12, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. MikeGrove --------- did not submit a vote - 99 (108.48 for Prize A)
  2. Duce_LST ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Uproar1141 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. SyN_standucci ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Harry_Rowley_10 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Xrad-11 ----------- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (99.59 for Prize B)
  2. Rauljimenez76 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Phlano_099 -------- did not submit a vote
  4. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. heated_seats ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. N38824jr ---------- did not submit a vote
  11. COL_KLINK01 ------- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 87 (67.21 for Prize C)
  2. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Bud__Greene ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. aedenmaddok ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. nog3861 ----------- did not submit a vote
  7. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Drummmer1979 ----- did not submit a vote
  10. TTTtothetop ------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - PEUGEOT RCZ GR.B RALLY CAR (RH) at Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa II - 15:30 Clear (9 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @MikeGrove wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - NISSAN SILVIA K's DIA SELECTION (S13) 1990 (SH) at Sardegna - Road Track - C II - 13:10 Clear (13 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Yugofan gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @gulfvet67 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Yeah bumper cam in GT really helps to see everything, even from a couple feet further back. The mirror in bumper cam saved me in the retaliation video. I need to give credit to good old SCHMEDRACER for encouraging me to switch off hood camera when I did. He was right about using the mirror to stay focused rather than constantly looking back.
How long did it take to get use to bumper cam? I've tried it a couple of times, but can't seem to get my braking points right when following other cars. Then I become "That guy"...

How long did it take to get use to bumper cam? I've tried it a couple of times, but can't seem to get my braking points right when following other cars. Then I become "That guy"...

Took only a couple hours once I accepted the fact I really wanted that mirror and the ability to look left and right. The big gauges also help me get precise max-power shifts as well. Once I was done being complacent and built up some confidence I realized all the advantages same day; but the other cameras are viable. My World Finals-fast Phoenix teammates, Deafsun and Windfire use chase cam and hood cam respectively.

One good tip for bumper cam is that the edges of the gauges are roughly where the edges of your car’s wheels will be. Once you get a sense of the dimensions & wheel placement over kerbs, bumper cam will feel more natural.

When following close to other cars, braking points are always needing constant adjustment, so maybe last time on bumper cam was just an off day for you. Also, when driving a car with a very long bonnet (like the new Mazda RX Vision Gr.3) using the bumper cam, it can take a while to adjust to the extra distance difference till contact with objects ahead vs a mid engined car with a short front end. Just takes time to get the feeling. Leaving some margin at all times helps, but it is mostly down to reading and predicting the behaviors of the driver ahead. At the top level where everyone knows exactly where to brake and everyone’s well prepared, things are simple.

I still know a few fast drivers who have the bad habit of braking super late all the time like it’s qualifying, even when on cold tires, riding on the bumper of another car in sport races. Erick GTR and Todally Lit come to mind as a couple quick guys who give themselves unnecessary penalties by constantly following way too close into brake zones.

A quick example.

Last edited:
View media item 2540This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
The IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 2 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on 7/17/20.
Banner by @GamingPete

@MikeGrove @Yugofan @gulfvet67 will be included in a conversation in the next few minutes.
@Yugofan , you will need to change your settings to allow me to create a conversation with you. There are instructions and deadlines in there that you need to be able to access and meet.

Back