◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Don’t know how much you guys look around this forum but for you Logitech and Thrustmaster owners, check out these $70 wheels:
**Acelith Design** steering wheels
Fanatec owners: the skinny on new WRC $200 wheel straight from DomB:
Fanatec Reveals New Official CSL Elite WRC Wheel, Just in Time for WRC 9
475FEB04-E535-4343-AFB4-1F3E8E8E8654.jpeg

Last edited:
@TEX36 I am not a deeply religious person, but I have been spiritually focused and actively praying for your ‘crew chief’. You and your wife have been on my mind since I read your message & I will do my best to harness the power of human consciousness along with the snail community. I may not be religious, but I know for a fact people can manifest certain things through positive thoughts, or words. I hope with my all that your wife will be alright & able to fight whatever lies ahead.

@everyone else; Another week & another FIA Nation’s Cup race. I botched the qualifier at Redbull & had work to do, but still delivered a podium from 10th on a rolling grid. Starting mid-pack brought out the best from me. I was attacking relentlessly, but within my new limits. It made for what I think is one of the all-time most exciting runs of my Gran Turismo career.

The final overtake was against a professional kart racer from Edmonton & he defended as well as you’d expect from someone with several real-life track records. The only reason I can hang with someone like that is because of my dedication to snail.
https://youtu.be/dfR0owGTFO8

A question for the more tech savvy members: I can't seem to get a race photo onto my Apple laptop. In GTS I save the photo to USB, then stop using the USB in PS4 and remove the drive. Nothing usable is then found by my MacBook. Am I doing something wrong? Missing? Need Windows computer? Thanks.

Edit: Solved. Thanks @stelephant

Last edited:
A question for the more tech savvy members: I can't seem to get a race photo onto my Apple laptop. In GTS I save the photo to USB, then stop using the USB in PS4 and remove the drive. Nothing usable is then found by my MacBook. Am I doing something wrong? Missing? Need Windows computer? Thanks.
You could just go to the community section on the GT Sport website and grab the pic there.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/

Hey guys I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things and was starting with the Manufacturers Series so I signed with Lexus but now I can only use the two cars I borrow from them yet I see others with their own liveries on their cars.....Whats up with that? Any help is appreciated.

**Also there are 2 GR3 Lexus cars and it only lets me use the one I hate, the prototype Emil Raicing....

Hey guys I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things and was starting with the Manufacturers Series so I signed with Lexus but now I can only use the two cars I borrow from them yet I see others with their own liveries on their cars.....Whats up with that? Any help is appreciated.

**Also there are 2 GR3 Lexus cars and it only lets me use the one I hate, the prototype Emil Raicing....

You can still put a livery on the borrowed car. It has a different dot color when viewing to show it is the borrowed one (don’t know the colors off hand).

You can still put a livery on the borrowed car. It has a different dot color when viewing to show it is the borrowed one (don’t know the colors off hand).
That’s the problem....I can only use the borrowed car in its original livery...it won’t let me change it to mine. Maybe just a glitch

* edit - Also wanted to mention that I could only pick the 2016 GT3 Protorype which I never drove before and everyone else was in the 2017 GT3 Lexus which I could not pick, but was the car I practiced in. The cars are two totally different cars

Last edited:
That’s the problem....I can only use the borrowed car in its original livery...it won’t let me change it to mine. Maybe just a glitch

* edit - Also wanted to mention that I could only pick the 2016 GT3 Protorype which I never drove before and everyone else was in the 2017 GT3 Lexus which I could not pick, but was the car I practiced in. The cars are two totally different cars
That is odd. On both accounts. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. Hope to see you out on track again sometime soon. Best of luck in the unfun Gr3 car.

Good morning everyone
I own the GTR GTA sim rig. It seems that no matter the position I try I always end up with more stress on the knees than should be happening. I've attempted to research, but mostly everyone's answer is do what feels comfortable, but what feels comfortable ends up being uncomfortable after 10-15 mins. I suppose i should just keep tinkering until i find the optimum position, but ive been going at it for at least a couple weeks without success. If anyone has any advice on ergonomics, or has had experience with this rig co. and what they were able to do to achieve the most natural position, I greatly appreciate any input.

In the FIA Manufacturer’s Cup race at Tsukuba last night, I had the most impressive race of my competitive Gran Turismo Career. Surely this result against another highly accomplished kart racer is the most significant I have ever achieved.

My main opponent has been the fastest driver in North America outside of PX7 for over a year. He is widely known for unsportsmanlike conduct and dangerous behavior on track. Watch how I deal with adversity and malicious moves to take a Phoenix Seven Racing 1, 2 on the podium. Race begins at 1 hour & 39 minutes into the broadcast.

Last edited:
Here’s my perspective driving the 427 Cobra at Goodwood with my new 380mm vintage style steering wheel with wood rim! I’m all about realism, so cockpit view is king. Hard to tell where physical and virtual worlds intersect! Eh?
View attachment 957781

looks grate, you need to add an additional screen, at least at the right side of the actual one.... i have been researching but im not sure how to do that

Good morning everyone
I own the GTR GTA sim rig. It seems that no matter the position I try I always end up with more stress on the knees than should be happening. I've attempted to research, but mostly everyone's answer is do what feels comfortable, but what feels comfortable ends up being uncomfortable after 10-15 mins. I suppose i should just keep tinkering until i find the optimum position, but ive been going at it for at least a couple weeks without success. If anyone has any advice on ergonomics, or has had experience with this rig co. and what they were able to do to achieve the most natural position, I greatly appreciate any input.

Here are a couple of links that may help you, the first is a bit more complete as it has distance measurements for the components, but the second document has some good info in it as well.

http://www.ricmotech.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/Driver_Position.pdf

https://virtualracingschool.com/academy/iracing-career-guide/season-one/ergonomics/

Back