◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
EBay deal I came across: [Search eBay for] “Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 bundle” Bidding sits currently at $1300 with flat $90 shipping. Value is $1590 +tax +shipping from Fanatec. Oh, and you will need a Drive Hub.
ABE39AA1-B884-46F1-A16E-005439FA4693.jpeg

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on September 20, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Duce_LST ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (87.24 for Prize B)
  2. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. MikeGrove --------- did not submit a vote
  9. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (89.55 for Prize A)
  2. Stelephant -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (87.47 for Prize C)
  3. CreAtlveManlAc ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. aedenmaddok ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. FooleyCooley ------ did not submit a vote
  10. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Drummmer1979 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - CITROëN GT BY CITROëN RACE CAR GR.3 (RH) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 11:30 Fine Weather (11 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Akzl298 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R V・SPEC II Nür (R34) 2002 (SM) at Sardegna - Road Track - B - 06:20 Clear (10 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @LST gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @stelephant so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Sunday, September 27, 2020 Lineup
September 2020 Season - League Night #4
1. ALFA ROMEO 4C LAUNCH EDITION 2014 on SH Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track - B - 06:20 Clear - (10 Laps)
2. RENAULT SPORT R.S.01 2016 on RH Tires @ Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C II - 06:25 Clear - (4 Laps)
3. ZAGATO ISO RIVOLTA ZAGATO VISION GRAN TURISMO on RH Tires @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - 18:00 Clear - (11 Laps)

Summary

Anyone have a suggestion for PS4 that won’t stay connected online? I’ve tried as much as a 50something with limited IT skills can. Reset the modem, the router and the PS4. I have an Eero router and have reset the pod too. I can see the PS4 connect but then it drops. All other wireless gadgets are still connected so it has to be the PS4. Maybe a bad card/component? Is this something a punch to the side of it might help??

Anyone have a suggestion for PS4 that won’t stay connected online? I’ve tried as much as a 50something with limited IT skills can. Reset the modem, the router and the PS4. I have an Eero router and have reset the pod too. I can see the PS4 connect but then it drops. All other wireless gadgets are still connected so it has to be the PS4. Maybe a bad card/component? Is this something a punch to the side of it might help??

Are you connecting the PS4 wirelessly? There may be another source of electromagnetic energy nearby that is interfering with the signal. You could try changing channels (have no idea how to do this) or move the console to another part of the room, like moving a portable radio around to get a better signal. Try connecting with a ethernet cable to see if it will connect to rule out a bad network card.

If you’ve been racing wirelessly, then you’re a problem waiting to happen. The download and upload speeds aren’t a factor wirelessly but the ping speed is. If you get it connected by ethernet cable, consider leaving it that way on race nights. If you don’t, Bernard (on left) says Ralph, (on right), may deliver a loogie in your direction.
7A175E4C-B962-42A7-B1B8-8E98B4B31E4B.jpeg

Last edited:
If you’ve been racing wirelessly, then you’re a problem waiting to happen. The download and upload speeds aren’t a factor wirelessly but the ping speed is. If you get it connected by ethernet cable, consider leaving it that way on race nights. If you don’t, Bernard (on left) says Ralph, (on right), may deliver a loogie in your direction.
View attachment 960809
Thanks for the advice @Rob Brown and @JamCar0ne. The modem is on the 2nd floor so no way for an Ethernet cable. Could Interference come from a separate hard drive sitting nearby? I’ve been using wireless for at least 2 years without problems. I added the hard drive about 2 months ago and sits about a foot away from the PS4 but had no problems until this week. I moved it away but still no luck. I’m probably out for tonight unless I figure out some last minute solution.

Thanks for the advice @Rob Brown and @JamCar0ne. The modem is on the 2nd floor so no way for an Ethernet cable. Could Interference come from a separate hard drive sitting nearby? I’ve been using wireless for at least 2 years without problems. I added the hard drive about 2 months ago and sits about a foot away from the PS4 but had no problems until this week. I moved it away but still no luck. I’m probably out for tonight unless I figure out some last minute solution.
Can you move the modem closer to the PS4?

I have used a 50ft Ethernet cable in the past. Wife was not happy with the cable running up/down the stairs, so it became a temporary installation for race nights only.

They are available at Best Buy

All hosts should start tonight's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to give someone who was already in the lobby their three minutes to return from the time they left, provided they are believed to have been disconnected, or to sort invisible driver issues.

Back